• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tool that can grab map properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Many years ago, while ghost development was still early, there was no auto calculation of map values such as crc, size, info, slots etc

To help players create configuration files, there was a tool that expected you to host a game locally and allow a player to join it (or was that tool inserting a fake player -- i can't tell) and it was probably capturing a network packet that is being sent to every player that joins the game and read the map values from there. i doubt it was taking those values directly from warcraft's memory as it was working on different versions.

Some maps are still protected in a way that ghost cannot automatically detect those values.

I don't remember name of this tool and I don't know if it's still usable thus I'm asking for help finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.