• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leveling, can't move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[K40$]-Spectre;1563967 said:
Hi, I've made a hero unit which has veterancy behaviour (/can level up), but when I reach level 3 (the Hero starts as level 1), the hero can't move anymore and loses many basic abilities. Anyone knows how to solve this?

you added attributes and increase them with lvl 3?

Level 3
Did you remove the rally ability? I had the same problem when I removed it, add it and see what happens, if you don't want it to show as a button just go to the command card and remove the icon.

Level 3
Apparently people run into this problem when they duplicate their hero off a unit incorrectly?? Like when you duplicate a unit you're not supposed to check off any of the boxes except their actor, weapon, and effects (I don't know if that's all of em..)

Level 3
:hohum: How many of you actually read the topic where we (me and several members of Hive) figured out how to make heroes?

I ask this because I have posted the reason and the fix to this problem.

The reason this occurs is because you are editing ALL of the stats,skills, properties, etc that are affected by veterancy. To fix this uncollapses the behaviors properties so that there is no more info+. Then change the attributes that way.

Your current veterancy behavior is messed up, and it would probably be easier to make a new one. You can fix it, but you must manually tweak EVERY property in info+ until it is fixed.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/galaxy-editor-help-zone-647/heroes-not-supported-galaxy-164820/

Level 17
Did you remove the rally ability? I had the same problem when I removed it, add it and see what happens, if you don't want it to show as a button just go to the command card and remove the icon.
, I didn't remove the rally ability. Thanks for the info though, will keep it in mind +rep.

Apparently people run into this problem when they duplicate their hero off a unit incorrectly?? Like when you duplicate a unit you're not supposed to check off any of the boxes except their actor, weapon, and effects (I don't know if that's all of em..)
, I think this is the problem, I duplicated the Hero of another unit and changed the object into hero and marked 'hero' in the 'flags'. +rep

How many of you actually read the topic where we (me and several members of Hive) figured out how to make heroes?

I ask this because I have posted the reason and the fix to this problem.

The reason this occurs is because you are editing ALL of the stats,skills, properties, etc that are affected by veterancy. To fix this uncollapses the behaviors properties so that there is no more info+. Then change the attributes that way.

Your current veterancy behavior is messed up, and it would probably be easier to make a new one. You can fix it, but you must manually tweak EVERY property in info+ until it is fixed.
, I have read that topic, was very handy, but that didn't solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.