• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc4: Sc2 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
this is a community project. There are people who love fancy prancy elves xD who would like this hero.

Exactly why I didn't say GTFO! :)
It's nice to know your catering in such a manner, we look for that in potential team members, keep it up =)

Oh and I don't know if TWIF has bothered informing anyone, but keep any more heroes you do for just the orc and human races, if he hasn't said anything, don't worry an official announcement should be along shortly explaining why... =)

Level 3
It's nice to know your catering in such a manner, we look for that in potential team members, keep it up =)

Oh and I don't know if TWIF has bothered informing anyone, but keep any more heroes you do for just the orc and human races, if he hasn't said anything, don't worry an official announcement should be along shortly explaining why... =)

So, half my heroes I made have no chance to make it to anything, and I wasted my time suggesting them? AWWWWWWWW FUCKINGGGGGG HELL!!!!
And i am part of the team. Twif gave me a position, ask him. And i'm guessing the reason why is because they already got heroes for all of those.

Atleast i made a Human and an Orc hero. I hope atleast one of my heroes will make it. xD

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

See, we're horribly informed. TWIF needs to step up :(

Level 3
You say that TWIF has to step up. Though I am still shocked as to the slow timing of information, I strongly disagree. TWIF is trying to lead this project as best as he can and even the best leaders need help. We need to step up and help him out as well. We need to help keep eachother together as a team, and we need to support eachother. I hope this can restore support in Twif and all fellow members of the team. Rather than saying someone needs to step up like there has been quite abit of during my short 8 or so days here on the forums, we can work together and get this project out to all the fans of WC and continue the magic. We can do this, but only if we work like a true team.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I'm not trying or in any way questioning TWIF's competence, I'm simply stating that the flow of information needs to be increased. We cannot simply waste 2 days on something we turn out not to need at all. Stop with the Color raid...seriously T_T.

Level 3
I'm not trying or in any way questioning TWIF's competence, I'm simply stating that the flow of information needs to be increased. We cannot simply waste 2 days on something we turn out not to need at all. Stop with the Color raid...seriously T_T.
I didn't question that you were questioning Twif. I understand the waste of time. I probably wasted about 7 hours of posting on some of my ideas that won't have a chance because of misinformation, but I have to suck it up and march on.

And about color, boo-hoo. Color will catch your attention so you'll make sure to read it and think about it. The color will make it stick out to the brain and make you remember it better. Actual truth.

@Edit: Well, I'll be back later tommorow. Got school tomorow, need to get some sleep. Pce out fellows, try to think over what I've said, so we can all get back on track and help eachother out.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

o_O. Colors are flashy and for incredibly shallow people. Don't insult my intelligence. Nice sig btw xD

Hello guys, Back after a horrible weekend on a catamaran.
Sorry for this misinformation! I am sorry you didn't know.

We have plans to release the game in 3 expansions, the first will only include the Humans and Orcs.

The other expansions will hopefully introduce all new races and some features. like sea combat in the expansion after release.

Wine with water is awezum posumz. moar of it to drinks for longar.

Back on topic.

Offense Hero

Aqueous
"Made from, with, or by water"

The mage-council of Thereamore has been experimenting ways to harness the sea in never-before seen ways. The mages of old held the power to bring fearson walking torrents to life, and that art has been remastered by Jaina Proudmoore, a mage of unrivaled power within theramore. By channeling that magic with a large number of mages, the magical energy can reach a continumum, the power used is equal to, or less than, the power generated by the elemental. In this way, a powerful, and permanant water elemental may be summoned, of great power.

These hulking benemoths are powerful offensive casters for the human armada, and are frequently seen leading charges in coastal, and even mainland assaults... One such elemental, by the name of Aqueous, was so powerful, he was able to split himself in two, and has his power recharged, he was able to create another of himself... now the mage council need not spawn more, for Aqueous, on occasion rare, may create another of himself to do battle with the enemy. To date there are 25 Aqueous' defending Theramore. Sadly, the spawns of the original cannot spawn more themselves.

Level 1
- Aqua Prison, Torrent
  • Aqua Prison
    The Target is surrounded with a torrential wall of flowing water, lifted up into the air, and held their for 6 seconds.
  • Torrent
    Aqueous fires off 5 waves of water at a target location, repelling units back, and dealing damage dependant on distance. lasts 6 seconds.

Level 2
- Aura of Liquification, Tsunami
  • Liquification
    When a unit dies within the aura range, there is a 15% chance that it is reanimated as a light blood elemental.
  • Torrent
    Aqueous fires off 5 waves of brutal water, dealing major damage and pushing units back, this can be used on the move, AOE. Damage dealt correlates to distance pushed.

Level 3
- Spawnlings, Split
  • Spawnlings
    Aqueous produces 8 spawnlings that last for 60 seconds. they are ranged, dangerous attack elementals.
  • Split
    Aqueous splits, creating a Lvl 1 version of himself for use for 180 seconds.

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Liquification
When a unit dies within the aura range, there is a 15% chance that it is reanimated as a light blood elemental.
How about..
~ When a unit dies within the aura range, there is a 15% chance that (xx%) of it's maximum mana is added to Aqueous's current mana.

It just seems more fitting :mad:

Level 3
@Twif about Split ability

How would that work if it makes a level 1 hero? Wouldn't that mess up the hero set-up, the way to allow this would probably be to make a seperate unit for the split i am guessing that is not a hero right? but has all the power of level 1 here, correct?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

@Twif about Split ability

How would that work if it makes a level 1 hero? Wouldn't that mess up the hero set-up, the way to allow this would probably be to make a seperate unit for the split i am guessing that is not a hero right? but has all the power of level 1 here, correct?

He could make it base the level upon the spell level & the hero level. Also, the split hero should NOT be able to cast spells, for balance.

Level 5

Plague Priest

The powerful plague priests of the scourge are feared greatly amongst the lands of the living, thought to be the source of the worlds contagions. Little known to the living, however, the plagues of these walking dead are not aimed at them, but at their own kind. The contagions of the mighty Plague Priests infact have the opposite affect on the dead, empowering and rejuvenating them - the ill affects they have on the living are merely a positive side effect.

Level One

• Buboes: Infests the target with a disease of pustulent buboes, causing their body to fester with painful sores. Affects the target unit and spreads to up to 2 more units within 2(starcraft range), these units can then affect up to 2 more, etc. Affected undead units gain +20% increased attack damage for the duration. Affected living units gain -20% decreased attack damage for the duration.
  • Infection Amplification: Pumping the target with foul energy causes any foul magic already within them. Amplifies the affects of any contagion on the target enemy.

1. Buboes: Increases the affect to 60%.
    2. Rotting Flesh: Increases the affect to 30%.
    3. Death: Undead attack 50% faster, lose 10% maximum health. Living lose 50% maximum health.

Level Two

• Rotting Flesh: Causes the skin to weaken and peel away from the bodies tissue, leading to a horrifying, agonising and bloody death. Affects the target unit and spreads to up to 2 more units within 2, these units can then affect up to 2 more, etc. Affected undead units regain 12% of maximum health over the duration. Affected living units lose 12% of maximum health over the duration.
  • Undeniable Terror: Instils a fierce terror within the souls of enemies in a wide area, forcing to face their mortality - or what is left of it. Units infected with any of the plagues; Buboes, Rotting Flesh, Death; and units with lower health will have a greater chance to be affected. Units have a 100-life% chance to be affected, and an additional 15% chance per plague on them. Affected units cannot be controlled and move around randomly at a -50% reduced speed for the duration.

Level Three

• Contagion Amplifier: Enchances Infection Amplifier to now affect all enemies in an area.

or
  • Death: Inflicts the target with a plague of death, this plague affects enemies in totally unforseen but always painful ways, men have even had their bones erode away inside their bodies as a result of this plague. Affects the target unit and spreads to up to 2 more units within 2, these units can then affect up to 2 more, etc. Affected undead units attack 25% faster but lose 5% of maximum health over the duration. Affected living units lose 20% of maximum health over the duration.

I got kind of carried away and I imagine this hero will be hard to balance so sorry about that.

Thankfully you cant have both Death and Contagion Amplifier, I don't think it would be possible to balance that hehe.

Level 20

^This needs to be added to the front page TWIF/TURM

This isn't your fault and don't worry your idea will still be very useful, thankyou, yes it might be very hard to balance - but it's a nice concept and may indefinitely have a place on the scourge =)

A more imaginative name would be my only suggestion =)
Plauge Priest is a bit cliché/plain!

Level 3
He could make it base the level upon the spell level & the hero level. Also, the split hero should NOT be able to cast spells, for balance.

I was refering to the fact of heroes currently being used atm, which is 2. Would this count as a hero, was what i was asking, and i'd hope not.

Level 10
@BlackShogun

This is a good hero idea, but yes we decided after this post was made to only work on Orc and Humans first. Sorry!
HOWEVER, I will archive this idea and when we do get around to the scourge/foresaken, we will consider it at that time. You idea will not be wasted! Thanks again for posting.

Level 3
I got bored so i just drew a quick picture of an idea for Twif's Aqua-elemental hero thing. I didn't know certain thing's like will it have a face unlike wc3 water elementals. So it is faceless and no color yet, wanna see what people think of the general outline, but first I need to figure out how to put my picture i drew onto this site. So please help with this. (I threw this drawing together quickly, more detail will be added, and color but only if it's worth it to proceed further with this endeavor.)

Level 20
If its on paper, scan it in, then load the image file onto 'pastebin' and put Tags around the pastebin URL.

Also, All of you, when I'm in MSN, contact me at any time or leave me PM's Here, please.[/QUOTE]

Thought you ran off to skype?
[B]W/e - Concerning gameplay, an issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later; how many heroes?

Originally you wanted 3, but community feedback seems to suggest more is better and 3 is way too few.

I vote 5min 10max.

Anyone else (team members and otherwise), your opinions ?[/B]

Level 10
I think (and this is my opinion) that the best thing to do is continue with our "3 per faction" idea. At least do this for the alpha. We agreed to initially have 3 after compromising between the want of 5-6 and the want for only 2 per faction. However, if, after alpha, we see that 3 is not enough and that more heroes are needed, then we can vote as a team and do it.

This is one of those things that we can't keep going back over everything. We need to decide what we are going to do, then do it. Second guessing ourselves will only make it worse. I understand, (and agree with) Grey's point that having 5-10 heroes would add diversity, and that because heroes are very situational, there needs to be more of them. I also understand (and agree with as well) TWIF's point that if we just make more heroes for every situation, then there is no reason or need to make a diversity of troops which is one of our main goals in Warcraft: LOTD.

Both sides have valid points, let's hold off until alpha/beta before we really make the decision.

Level 20
Skype or MSN.

And I hardly call 2 oppinions 'the community'

Yeah you know because have tons of contradicting feedback.

We work with what we've got, percentages, majorities and ratios.

idc if it's 2 or 2k, I care about acting on feedback on it.

Your attitude will only further reduce community input.
People will be thinking:

'Oh if there not going to act on two points, why would they act on 3?'

'Is it worth me posting? It looks like they ignore single posts'

'What can one person's feedback achieve?'

If EVERYONE thinks like that then there will be no feedback to ignore or act upon.

You need to get your head out of your arse and use what people have spent time gathering the right words and courage to bring to our attention.

Just because :

''You'' don't want heroes to be a ''too core'' doesn't mean 99% of war3 fans agree with you, just because only a small fraction disagreeing. I don't see people supporting it. 2 > 0

Level 3
I truly believe that 3 is too low, look at wc3:tft they had 4 per faction, and with all the tavern heroes made, that was quite the number of heroes. I think we should have around 5 heroes per faction and maybe just an idea I got of as I said this, maybe some 'tavern-esque heroes'. I vote with Grey 5 heroes or so is a good number.

PS: I love to say esque its so damn Uber

I Don't Ignore single posts, not by a longshot.

I am Dissapointed that you would take my comment and blow it out of proportion and Context.

My entire point was subjectivity, We both have points we want to get across.

Two people (Who are members of the team) Have voted one way... my point was team members hardly count as the community.

My point was that we are hardly going to make a drastic gameplay decision based upon the oppinion of so few people we simply need more demographic input.

The Current tally is... 3 people want 5 now, 2 people want to wait and see.

I hardly call this enought people to make a game-changing decision on. That was my point, you had no justification or right to blow it out of propoortions and context into somthing that had no bearing on my oppinion.

You judge too quickly grey.

And your whole point is based around 'you' not caring about the numbers, I happen to. I'm not going to make a decision until i have the info. Unlike you, who seems ready to change the game based upon the oppinions of three people, which is too small a community sample to acually make a decision.

So don't you dare make the judgments or comments about me, when you havent thought about my acual meaning.

Why wold I act on 2 points... when there are two counter points?

Once i get atleast ten or fifteen peoples feedback, then I will be more sure of the majority view... but Not before, not for one way or another.

So before you judge grey, Why don't you take the time and look at it?

Now I want no more arguing, this will get us NOWHERE, we need to wit for community feedback, hell we have plenty of time for it. Data editing isnt gonig to happen overnight, and i need to make models aswell...

Level 20
I'd appreciate if you double-checked what your posting and ensure it actually makes sense (I lost you 1/3 of the way through it). Anyway the two people I'm referring to would be MxMagic and Yaos, neither of which is on the team, so make that 7.

Of course you'd know this if you checked on the moddb page? =/

Which I don't... I've been far too busy terraining, Modeling and working the data editor.
I'm not exactly happy with how you've been handling this whole situation of community feedback, as you all too happy to go with the first few people that agree with you.

Also, the full comparison of options was not listed to people on moddb. If we posted a poll with both options fully fleshed out, we would get a far more accurate resopnse.

Also, I am dissapointed that you are acting the way you are acting. Not reading my post (Which makes more than perfect sense to me.) And saying it doesent make sense is insulting.

And also, I fail to see where the number 7 Came from.

3 + 2 is 5, If i remeber how to do math. (7 if you add my and turms oppinions)

Not enough informtion to make an informed decision.

I'm simply too tired to point out my other reasons, I was working on data at five this morn, And was doing school up to now... Might take the edge off by doing some terraining.

Have plans to finish the footie tonight, then working on the model... (theres like 10 different death anims! :(... )

I want no more argument about this, we will simply wait and see, if people want five, so be it, but if we don't like it in the alpha, its goin'...

If people want 3, so be it, but if we don't like it in the alpha, its goin'...

Hell we might even hate the hero system all together.

Level 3
The two of you, stop arguing like a bunch of preschoolers over a toy. One of you wants one thing the other wants another, find a compromise and settle this. Bury the dagger. 5 people if that is the correct number is a small sample and not large enbough to make a more logical conclusion of the case. Fighting as has been said will get us no where. I know I'm not part of the team, I'm just a suggestions man, but this is a community thing, and the community has to help keep the team from cutting eachother's throats.

Now, the two of you think this over, and wonder why I posted it. I don't want to see more people fired or quit this project. The first thing that comes in a project should be . . . "Is this fun to be making, do I like my team, am I enjoying this?" because if you're not meeting any of these things, you're doing it all as work. There is going to be work along the way, but you need to have fun with it too.

Level 20
Well atm I'm not having fun, nor enjoying it. I WAS about 6months ago -.- 4, I was beginning to have worries, 2 things just went crap and deteriorated from there.
So yeah, set my team status to - pending, I'm going on holiday in 2wks anyway.

Thanks for making me sense Mtsensk + rep!

Level 10
Personally I think you two must be on your period or something... You guys are arguing and threating to quit because of the difference between 3 or 5 (or 10) heroes.. Sorry but thats just sad.

Grey take your vacation and settle down a bit. Then come back and be fresh and ready to take this project on.
You deserve a break.

Twif, I agree with you and don't blame you for defending your statement. I do agree that Grey blew it out of proportion, but lets not try to make enemies.

PWH

PWH

Level 4
While I know this is a Night Elf, I don’t see any problems with Humans having it… In Wc3 there were also Blood Mages and Mountainkings with Humans.

Priestess of Elune
Having fled from their falling society, the Night Elves eventually found their way to Theramore, these devout souls have joined Jainas struggle.
Blessed by Elune, the Night Elven priests use their holy powers to heal and empower their allies, while calling down her fury in order to smite their enemies.

Level one:
- Healing Prayer:

Heals all friendly units in an area for 30, while cleansing them of all non-hero debuffs.

- Mana Burn:
Burns all mana from the target, dealing 1 damage per point of mana burned. Half effect on heroes.

Level two:
- Word of Faith:

Cast upon an enemy: Smites the target for 30 damage.
Cast upon an ally: Increases the targets life by 25, and heals it for 40.
Cast upon the ground: Blesses the ground, healing units standing in it for 3 hp/sec.

- Resurrection:
Revives target ally. Resurrected units start with 20% health, but will regain 20% per second over 4 seconds.

Level three:
- Touched by Elune (Passive):

Upon dying, the hero will become a Spiritual Reflection. Spiritual Reflections will be able to cast spells without using mana, and are invulnerable. Spiritual Reflections last 6 seconds.

Or

- Endless Devotion:
Sacrifices the caster, but heals all allied units in a area around the caster for 100.

And yeah, I’m one of those who like Elves… So what!
I like the thought of a hero like this, mostly focused about supporting ones units, being able to sacrifice itself in order to turn the tide of a battle.

And another thing, I’d say 5 heroes would be the best, 3 heroes per faction seems a little boring :D

Last edited:
Ehem, Sorry For late Response:

World of faith, Resurrection, and Touched by elune are a bit powerful.

The fact that they start low and go higher is acually a boon to higher hp units, meaning that they can take damage and then heal it on their way up to 100% hp, otherwise Resurrection would be fine. the other two are a bit powerful.

PWH

PWH

Level 4
Hmm... Maybe cutting the values of Word of Faith in half, and making the Touched by Elune last 6-7 seconds?
And units don't get 100% health even if attacked if resurrected, they get 20% of their max life every second for four seconds, if damaged during those four seconds, they won't reach max life :)

Oh, and I expect to post some examples of some lore ect. at monday, I've got things to do tomorrow, and I didn't got very much done while being in Disneyland :p

Status
Not open for further replies.