• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc4: Sc2 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I too like the idea, but as Grey said, a whole new system would be rediculous to implement for only 1 hero. But i have thought of an idea. I've seen some games where a 3rd resource type has been added. The Terrazine resource. I believe it may be possible to allow the souls to be entered into here and make the certain spells have a trigger that spends those points? Well, all in all i like the ideas you've had Twif, I only wish someone would comment on my heroes, it would atleast give me a boost.

I dont think its that hard a system to create. but fine. i'll redo him.

Support Hero

Elder Venerant

The order of humans once known as the church of the light has fallen. A new one, dark, swathed in the souls of the fallen who have died in combat has arisen. This order venerates the slaughter of those who took loaderon from humanity, and taking revenge is their goal. They have embraced the darkness, the light that once show white and pure is now dark and hungry, the rage and death of this order, and of the thousands who have died has corrupted the light, turning it sinister and angry, the Venerants have harnessed this, and now use its twisted power to destroy all who have destroyed what little humanity had.

Level One
  • Abilities - Pale Light (Active), Torment Wall (Active)

• [*] Pale Light
    - Heals the target for 100 hitpoints, reguardless of mechanical status. Deals half that to enemy units of any type. Full effect takes 15 seconds to occur

[*] Torment Wall
    - Creates an Impeneterable barrier for 15 seconds. the barrier is 9 across, and its wide angle is the same direction the caster is facing.

Level Two
  • Abilities - Even in Death (Active Aura - New), Mass Pale Light (Active - Improved)

• [*] Even in Death
    - Lasts 15 seconds, all units in a 5 aura range around the Venerant cannot die, however they will still take damage.

[*] Mass Pale Light
    - Units in a small area are all healed 100 points, Reguardless of Mechanical or biological status. All enemies in a small area take half damage. Full effect takes 15 seconds to occur

Level Three
  • Abilities - Beyond Duty (Active Aura - Improved), In Total Darkness (Passive)

• [*] Beyond Duty
    - Units that die from the 'Even in Death' Effect will be revived at half health with a bonus to Attack and Attack Speed for 60 seconds.

[*] In Total Darkness
    - All units that die within the caster's aura radius heal all allies in the same radius by 4% of their total hp.

Last edited:
I nerfed Beyond Duty more than the previous version. but ok, editing.

New Hero

Synergy Hero

Voodoo Shaman

The Trolls of the Maelstrom and the mighty Orcish shamans have combined their teachings and mighty knowlage... the results were nothing short of devistating power, unmatched wisdom, and wild affinity with spirits of all ilk... but this all came at the costs of these casters life... and sanity. These warriors are half dead brezerkers, who, in the luls of their battle rages and wild insane rages command orcish outposts on the fringes of the kingdom's territory.

Level One
- Abilities: Bloodfury, Storm Flurry

1. Bloodfury -
    The Voodoo Shaman decends into a raging fury, gaining an increase to attack speed and a decrease to ability cooldown for 60 seconds.
  2. Storm Flurry -
    The Voodoo Shaman's attack speed is doubled (Stacks with Bloodfury) And he deals 1 dps dot for 3 seconds on every third attack, non stacking.

Level Two
- Abilities: Earthrage, Fire Orb

1. Earthrage (Improvment, Bloodfury) -
    The Voodoo shaman draws upon the power of the earth to fuel his powers, gaining a large boost to attack rate and gaining a small bonus to regeneration.
  2. Fire Orb -
    The shaman spits out a giant firey ball that explodes on contact with the earth, spitting out molten shrapanel, dealing 20 damage to units in a 4 area, and 50 vs light. Deals ten of the twenty initially, then deals the other 10 over 10 seconds, same distribution vs. light. Units alight take 2 extra damage from melee attacks.

Level Three
- Abilities: Bloodfury, Storm Flurry

1. Rend the Vale -
    The Voodoo Shaman lets loos a pack of hungry spirits that fly around him and attack his enemies, returning 10% of damage dealt as health. The spirits attack at the same time the shaman does.
  2. Storm, Earth, and Fire -
    Passive. The Voodoo shaman gains a bonus to Storm Flurry, Earthrage, and Fire Orb.

Last edited:
Level 3
Well, ty for noticing that. LOL. I like the voodoo shaman, nice concept. But you need to edit the Voodoo shamn's info post. It says Level One, Level Two, and Level One. The last one needs to be changed to Level Three. I'm also thinking of posting another hero soon.

-Edit- You said I'll take all the stuff i can from the concept, do you intend on trying to help me balance, or what i don't think you'd do (Steal my ideas) But i don't think you would steal anything. In my short time on this forum. like 5 days i think, i have learned you are a very helpful person.

-Edit, to the Edit- (Wow I keep seeing something i can edit) Also, in both of my hero posts I said balancing would need to be done to them anyways. I would be glad to get help. This is hopefully the last edit.

Level 10
Thank you guys for posting some great ideas.

@Mtsensk - We don't want to steal anyone's idea, however, if we really really like what you've put out and it fits perfectly, we might ask if we can use your idea. We keep a record of what we use and who was the original creator as to give you proper credits.

I think TWIF would be happy to help balance your hero ideas. Thanks again and keep these great posts coming!

Level 3
Firstly i'd like to say, ik double posts usually aren't allowed in forums, but Screw it, I'm not waiting, i got an idea.

Tank/Support
-Black Guard-

-Backround-

The Darkness continued to rise and the Paladins fought it back, that's how it had worked for years. Now, it has changed. Many Paladins have fallen, and the paladins that remain have seen that true power is in Darkness and have sacraficed themselves to The Forsaken. These new Paladins have been dubbed The Blackguards. Their minds tained by the poison that is the Darkness.

-Level 1- Dark Blessing, Command Undead

Dark Blessing (Passive)
The Blackguard is blessed by the Dark power bestowed upon him. This blessing increases his power immensly. Increases damage by 10% and health by 10%.

Command Undead (Active)
The power of the Blackguard is beyond compare to that of even the most powerful necromancers themselves. The Blackguard summons 2 minion guards. These guards are skeletal warriors who do anything to protect their master.

Dark Warrior
Health: 75
Move speed: 2.75
Armor: 1
Damage: 13 (Attack speed is 1.25) [DPS is 10.4]
-2 minions are summoned from the spell. They last for 60 seconds.-

-Level 2- Aura of Terror, Inflict Critical Wounds

Aura of Terror
Where the Blackguard goes a trail of Fear is left behind him as his presence frieghtens and disturbs his enemies and friends alike. Aura of Fear has a 5 yard radius. Enemies take a 10% reduction in damage. All allies are also immune to possession for in their mind-set they are so afraid of the Blackguard that their will could not be wavered by any form of charm. (like Banshee from Wc and Dark Ranger's charm)

Inflict Critical Wounds
The Blackguard's malevolent nature has enchanted his weapons with his own dark powers. These powers have allowed his weapons to deal a more painful strike at times. 15% chance to deal 2.25 times normal damage on an attack.

-Level 3- True Terror(Improve), Dark Prosperity(Improve)

True Terror
Improves Aura of Terror. Increases the damage reduction of enemy units by an additional 5% (15% total) in a radius of 5, also fears the Blackguards soldiers into fighting harder, thus increasing damage by 5%.

-or-

Dark Prosperity
The Gods have further blessed the Blackguard and made him their Unholy messiah. His damage increase is increased by another 5%, health by 10%, and gives him a 20% for the critical on Inflict Critical Wounds.

Some abilities might be overpowered and some abilities may have to be removed and completely replaced to make the hero more synergetic. I'll see if I can finallize this some more any-time soon, seeing as it is like an hour after curfew now and I got school in the morning.

Level 3
@Mtsensk - We don't want to steal anyone's idea, however, if we really really like what you've put out and it fits perfectly, we might ask if we can use your idea. We keep a record of what we use and who was the original creator as to give you proper credits.

I think TWIF would be happy to help balance your hero ideas. Thanks again and keep these great posts coming!

I'll need some help balancing and such, it'll help me out. Thanks guys.

If your Familiar with Starcraft 2's units, we basically use their same stats. same counters. ect. the only difference is armor is on average much higher. and the costs are still the same general amount.

Uhhm, the same stats mostly . . .that's a little disappointing, but that would be alot of work to re-do all the stats and balance them out. It'll still be awesome, I loved WC: 3. I played it ever since it's release, and that was almost 9 years ago so I was about 5 or 6 years old. Well lets do this, and not with the fucked up WOW lore -.-. xD

Edit: If you've seen my heroes how everything looks how it does, my heroes from now on, and any edits i make to the posts will be spruced up since i now know to go to advanced options thingy to make it more Awesome.

Last edited:
Level 20
Your heroes are really nice, I see us using a few (with some balance tweaks ofc) :)

As for the stats, they won't be identical... Especially since Sc2 stats are based around a large majority of ranged units, I think he meant to say, were not building this from scratch. We'll just heavily tweak old stats, e.g. use zealots as a base for grunts etc...

You won't recognize them when they're done that's for sure =)

Level 3
Your heroes are really nice, I see us using a few (with some balance tweaks ofc) :)

As for the stats, they won't be identical... Especially since Sc2 stats are based around a large majority of ranged units, I think he meant to say, were not building this from scratch. We'll just heavily tweak old stats, e.g. use zealots as a base for grunts etc...

You won't recognize them when they're done that's for sure =)

I got home from a day of school, bored and ready to crash. Then i read this. Thank you for the comment on my heroes and for the clearing up of the stat changes.

Edit: I think that rather than a zealot for main base for grunt, use ark Templar sycthe model. Edit out the sycthe and make it an axe and it could slightly resemble the downward swing on an axe. Just putting in some stuff while i think a fea ideas for heroes.

Level 3
:infl_thumbs_up:Tank
-Enforcer-

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Backround
After the fall of Admiral Proudmoore Kul Tiras fell into shambles. Navy men went rogue and began to rob the civilians of all their belongings. Soldiers took to the alleyways and began to mug any defenseless passerbys. And so rose the Enforcers, to save the civilians from such criminals.

Level 1
-Staunch Defender, Hammer Time-

Staunch Defender
The Enforcer will use all the force he can to protect the inncocent. He will put his strong, able body in front of the hopeless and weak. He is a staunch Defender of that which was Kul Tiras' former morals. The Enforcer puts himself in the way of his soldiers. When this ability is activated all enemies within 3 range will attack the Enforcer. While in this Defensive stance the Enforcer gains +20% armor for the next 60 seconds.

Hammer Time (Active)
The darkness the Enforcer has seen one human commit to another has forced him to attack and put down the doers of ill-justice. When this ability is activated the Enforcer will deal 1.25x damage to all enemies within a 3 range vicinity.

Level 2
-Aura of Protection, Wrath-

Aura of Protection
The Enforcer's presence gives his soldiers a better sense of protection and thus their hope and courage protects them as such. Increases the armor of all allies within a 5 range of the Enforcer +3 armor.

Wrath (Improvment)
The Enforcer's rage to the ill-doers of society has become even more powerful. The Enforcer is able to put more force into his attacks. Makes Hammer time deal 2x damage when used. It also causes the enemies within range to have movement speed slowed by 20% and attack speed slowed by 10% for the next 5 seconds.

Level 3
- Eternal Enforcment or Smite Evil-

Eternal Enforcement
The Enforcer has been blessed by the Gods to be able to protect the innocent for longer, even after his death. After the death of the Enforcer, his spirit will rise up to fight back against his enemies. The Hero is revived to fight again. (like Tauren Chieften's Reincarnation)

Smite Evil
The Enforcer has been trained in the ways of the old paladins and their abilities to smite darkness, he has put this to use with his Hammer. Increases the power of Hammer Time again. Makes hammer time deal 4.25x heroes damage to all enemies within 3 range, the stunning effect from Wrath now lasts 10 seconds.

I hope you like this idea. Well ofc balancing will be done once needed.
:wgrin:

Level 3
Support

-Dreamwalker-
Faction: The Horde Sub-Faction: Tauren

________________________________________________________________________________________________​

-Level 1-
Abilities: Spiritual Renewel(Aura), Bloodboil

-Spiritual Renewel-
The Shaman has an aura of health and Spirituality that surrounds him. The aura has a range of 5. All allied units within the aura gain a 3hp/sec regeneration bonus along with an immunity to poisons (non-hero probably, hero poisons would be halved in duratation or strength).
-Bloodboil-
The Shaman can increase the fury of an allied unit. Thus making them attack faster. This bonus increases attack speed by 50% but causes the unit to take 5% of total life as damage a second for 10 seconds. Bloodboil is a toggleable auto-cast spell.[This Effect can not kill the unit. I.E. Unit drops down to less than 10 health. Unit can't take damage from effect of bloodboil until he has 11 or higher health.]
________________________________________________________________________________________________​
-Level 2-
Abilities: Mindwarp, Bonded by Blood

-Mindwarp-
The Shaman uses his power over the mind to cause traumatic brain damage to an enemy unit. Causes 10 damage/second for 10 seconds. After the damage is done being taken (after 10 seconds from casting) the target will take on a dazed state due to the damage. The unit's move and attack speed will be reduced by 10/5% respectively for 30 seconds. This spell is a toggleable auto-cast spell.

-Bonded by Blood-
A shaman is a powerful member of a tribe, and with such power comes the responsibility of protecting those people. The Shaman targets 3 closest allies. Each take 33% of the damage that is dealed to one of the 3 bonded units.[Note: If there are no allies within a close enough range this spell is not castable.]
-Level 3-
Abilities: Dreamwalk-OR-Shamanism

-Dreamwalk-
The Dreamwalker has achieved the ultimatum of his powers. He is now able to fully immerse himself into the spirit world. Entering the spirit world blesses the Dreamwalker with power and strength to aid his allies. After entering the Dream-state the Dreamwalker becomes motionless for 10 seconds, during this time he immerses himself in the spirit world. (He is invulnerable to damage during this state, but he can't cause damage, and being stunned by a spell will interrupt the spell.) After leaving the Dream-state the Dreamwalker is blessed with an exact copy of himself, who can cast spells and deal damage all the same as the Dreamwalker (However the copy can't use Dreamwalk) This copy is the Dreamwalkers Soul. The Soul can be left out of the body for 60 seconds before having to return to the owner's body.

-OR-

-Shananism-
The Shamanism has found the way to realize his full potential and maximize his power. Increases the strength Mindwarp to 15 damage a second, and 15/10% move/attack, respectively. Blood Bond's strength is increased by bonding 5 units, who will take each 25% of damage dealed to a single bonded unit. Finally Spiritual Renewel is empowered to increase regen/sec to 5
Well, that was my latest idea. I really hope it's liked. This hero is a hero that​
is easily synergizeable and a very powerful support hero.

Last edited:
Level 20
Love it :)

Just a few things:

I assume blood boil is autocast?
I think the aura could do with being in level 1.
The spirit link like spell. What happens if 5 units aren't obtainable? Maybe make it 3 and cancel casting if there is insufficient units in x range.

30secs is much too long for dreamwalk, 10 would be much better. Just enough for an enemy to counter/stun.

Edit: I'd probably have mind warp autocastable as well, but swap it out for the aura. So it's on level 2.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ugh, no offense, but this hero seems like the spirit walker in hero mode T_T

Level 3
Ugh, no offense, but this hero seems like the spirit walker in hero mode T_T

The idea was to try and recreate a type of feel for the unit as a hero with some other points added to it. I based it on some native american shamanistic cultures as well.

Edit: More or less this hero is like the Spirit walker. IMO it is less like the spirit walker. It's resemblence is that it's tauren. That is has Shamanistic views and it's spirit link ability. There isn't much else the same between the Spiritwalker and the Dreamwalker. Also there are going to be some resemblences in Wc4: LotD from Wc3: TFT if there was not, well then it wouldn't much be wc if there weren't atleast a few resemblences.

@Grey- I'll get on swapping the levels of Spiritual Renewel and Mindwarp within an hour or two. And make Mindwarp, and bloodboil autocast toggleable. I got to do some chores right now though. Also going to fix up the Bonded by Blood ability to be 3 units and 5 with Shamanism ultimate choice. More balanced, and by time you can get Shamanism most cases are you'll have more units.

Updated: I updated the Dreamwalker as you suggest Grey. Time is 9:14

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It means you don't need to thank me. 17th century speak, guess i should stop with that T_T

Level 3
Your guys support is very helpful. I should be ready with something else in a day or two. I'm wondering if you need suggestions for more than heroes, maybe units too?

Level 20
3+ pages of spam/whining and bitching about rules/regulations/unfair judging and other random shit.

I'm not taking sides, I don't know if it was badly organised or whether people are just moaning or what not, but either way it's just immature, annoying and pointless...

Anyway drifting off topic, but yeah. I won't be doing any more comps -.-

Level 3
-Harass-

-Bladedancer-​

-Level 1-
Abilities: Slashing Strikes, Dash

Slashing Strikes
The Bladedancer has been trained in the way to most effectively use his twin Sabers very effectively. The Bladedancer's attacks (he has 2 attacks, so lower heroes damage for his 2 attacks to compensate to around other hero base damage and what not) are able to damage nearby enemies as well as his inital target. His attacks have a 45 degree arc each (Is it possible to make a heroes attacks if multiple to hit different target's during the interval, b/c this would work great for this hero.) and deal 50% damage to all targets who aren't the inital target. (I.E. So i attack a grunt and the 5 nearby grunt's take 50% damage but the targetted one takes 100% damage) [Ik, long winded ability, but i'm trying to make it clear as possible]

Dash
Bladedancers have an adept talent for speed, only the fastest male elves become bladedancers. The Bladedancer draws both swords and runs toward a target dealing 2.25X damage to the target. [Basically a blink-esque ability, but instead of targeting a place on the ground you target an enemy. short range blink but it causes damage.] has a range of 5.

-Level 2-
Abilities: Cleave , War Dance

Cleave (Improvement)
The Bladedancer is always trying to improve himself and thus through practice and meditation has achieved the skill to further his slashing arc. His attacks with Slashing strikes now each hit in a 67.5 degree arc. (that's a 50% increase in arc size to each arc)

War chant (Active-Aura)
Upon the chants of a Bladedancer his fellow soldiers will join with him in the chanting. The chanting empowers the Bladedancer and any allies within a 5 yard range for 60 seconds. The units affected by the War chant deal a 20% increase in damage.

-Level 3-
Abilities: Bladedance -OR- Elven Rage

Bladedance
The Bladedancer readies his two blades and begins to strike all nearby enemies within a 3 yard range while moving at a rapid pace (Bladedancer becomes invulnerable and jumps from target to target within a 3 yard range dealin 1.25x damage to each unit, each attack happens within half a second of eachother for 15 seconds. Meaning 30 attacks)

-OR-

Elven Rage (Improvement)
After the Fall of Nordressil, many elves felt weak, but the Bladedancer's rages were kindled for the day they learned to control that rage. When this ability is activated the Bladedancer screams out his powerful chants and is in return granted with an extreme surge of power. This ability improves War chant. War chant now adds a 30% bonus to allies in a 3 yard range and a 50% damage bonus to those in a 1 yard range.

While, that's my latest idea, balancing ofc LOL. Every idea needs that even the most thought out ones. And i'd like to thank twif for the Active Aura idea. This could lead to some new and unique ability combinations.

Level 20
Woah, woah! BB Colour abuse! :S

Keep it to three shades of the same colour or something, that's really harsh on the eyes ^^

@ Cyber, were trying to make sc2, less sci-fi -.-

- As for the actual hero, honestly he's my least favourite so far. But that's just personal, because I hate all these fancy, pancy elf lovers that parade the internet now a days ^^

But w/e from a realistic point of view I like him.

Maybe make an ability similar to the zealot's charge but with impact damage for dash.
It's best to give him a passive ability similar to war3's cleaving strike (splash damage in melee/aoe?) to represent slashing strikes.

The aura is good, maybe 20% is a bit much, idk until we've sorted some kind of stat template out.

Bladedance is a bit over the top, but the core idea is nice.
Something like 2x damage, attack cooldown, 1sec is better.
0.5s might fool the eye a bit too much.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

- As for the actual hero, honestly he's my least favourite so far. But that's just personal, because I hate all these fancy, pancy elf lovers that parade the internet now a days ^^
Up yours

Level 3
@Grey- I'm not one of those fancy prancy elf lovers, but there's nothing wrong with an elf who can kick some serious a**. I could change stats, b/c of course balancing is needed. Sorry about the colors. And this is a community project. There are people who love fancy prancy elves xD who would like this hero.

@Cyber- Psidancer as Grey said makes it sound more Techy, but a name change could be considered.

I usually don't make elf type things anyways. I like the more brutish barbarians and beserker type things. And i like the dwarves with their technology. But i'm trying to make heroes to fit multiple crowds, trying to make suggestions for multiple races.

Status
Not open for further replies.