• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level Info Data Missing or Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've recently returned to working on a map I haven't touched since late in 2019.

However, when I try to open the map in the world editor, I now get the message "Level Info Data Missing or Invalid"

I back up my work pretty meticulously, so I have dozens of different versions saved in different places and I've been checking through them one by one. None of the dozen or so from 2019 work!

The most recent one I can open is from 2018. Meaning that I would lose an entire year of work if I went back to that.

It doesn't make any sense to me that 12+ different files in totally different places could all have independently become corrupt, so I'm wondering what else can cause this problem.

If it matters, I don't have Warcraft Reforged and haven't played WC3 at all in 2020.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? And is there a way to recover my work and get the maps working again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.