• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level info data missing or invalid problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Whenever I open my map, It says Level info data missing or invalid. I checked my test map folders and checked the last one, but it wasn't it. I also tried opening it with an MPQ Editor but it doesn't seem to open.
Help would be very much appreciated. I also don't have any backups of it.
The map is also attached.

Attachments

• DR.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 79

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It backs up ever time a new system restore is made.
This is atleast once a week as microsoft releases updates abot every week and then you should also have it making restore points naturally every week.

Sadly Windows XP does not have such a good back up feature. Although system restore might revert the map it is not garunteed and it might revert other changes you do not want reverted.

Level 16
To finally close this topic^^:

No! - Well you can but the use of it is near 0 because this one corrupts the map and while cracking the map broke to much.

Remake your map from beginning (hard but sorry) and then make sure you always have a backup of it - best on an external disk, or USB or whatever.

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Status
Not open for further replies.