• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lets Talk About: Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I have a few questions about medicine i would like to know the answer too, and also perhaps people would want to post their own questions or facts here too.

i have wondered what is the most deadly virus or bacteria, i suppose any virus we cant cure is potentially deadly, and i also guess HIV, colds and pluage are deadly because of the sheer numbers killed by it. but if there is one disease you never ever wanna get (like instant death garantueed) what would it be?

what is the most deadly poison?

what is the fattest you could be if you were actually attempting to be the fattest person ever? would you eventually die because of weight on your organs? or is there no limit untill a heart attack?

i had a few more i forgot...ill let u guys think those ones over first.

Level 12
The deadliest poison I know of is Nightshade, and there is one woman who became 1267 american pounds.

Amy says that ricin is pretty quick acting, but I know that nightshade is definately extremely potent. She says that coronary heart disease is most likely the deadliest, artherosclerosis to be more specific.

Level 12
As in most most amount of kills or most spreadable? Heart disease kills the most and AIDS is the most communatable.

Level 18
Ebola, while deadly in I beleive 90% of cases kills so fast that the infection radius is tiny, you would have to genetically engineer it so that it's hibernation (can't recall the proper word, the one starting with I) period so that it was like a week.

Level 12
You mean incubation, which is like a hibernation. Ebola, while deadly, affects an extremely small percentage of people for basically the same reason Shados said. Heart disease, on the other hand, is the number one cause of death from a disease.

If you had wanted to know the ultimate biological weapon you should have said so.

All that would need to happen is to take the AIDS virus and engineer it so that it is airborn and not transmitted by bodily fluids. although it will not technically kill anyone in and of itself for a great many years, the secondary reprecussions of it are lethal beyond belief. Imagine a world of humans that has no immunity or resistance to disease, a world that would quickly die from the common flu.

Level 3
I am sure that, if AIDS would mutate or get geneticly modified in laboratories to survive in air and infect people from there, some people would surely evolve some imunity to it...

Level 12
Seeing how AIDS attacks the immune system and makes it so that it produces more AIDS rather than attacking healthy cells I do not see this as very possible. People live for a long time with AIDS, unless they get infected by another disease, but the virus itself does not kill for a very long time. Maybe that is where you think of this immunity? I need to see proof if someone was infected and was immune, that would be all over the news all over the world.

Level 12
I am still skeptical since he is unwilling to undergo further testing. If it is true and accurate then it is great news, otherwise it is just another hoax.

Level 21
well seeing as no more has come of it, it probably wasnt true or hasn't been investigated further (or results haven't been realsed for whatever reason). still i was sure that i saw it somewhere, otherwise i would have thought i was going crazy, making up stories and such :p ne ways i will look out on the tv for updates.

Level 18
I'm confused, aren't HIV and AIDS two seperate things, although AIDS does lead to HIV there's an immunization technique already developed for AIDS, albeit one with low success chances. Heard about it sometime last year-ish, not sure from who/what.

Level 12
HIV+ leads to AIDS 99/100 times if the person lives long enough, the other 1% they just stay HIV+ until they die "naturally".

Level 5
AIDS and HIV can be prevented with correct protection (couldn't think of a better word), although it does not have a cure. The reason it has such a high mortality rate is because in the continent Africa there is no protection or education, therefore it claims many lives. However in developed countries HIV and AIDS are scarce at best.
The most deadly disease would have to be some of the anti-biotic resistent strains such as modern TB or Golden Staph (probably your best case, immune to 99% of anti's i believe).
Poison wise, i wouldn't be to sure, probably cyanide or some less obvious poisons (ie Agent Orange, Carbon monoxide). But Arsenic is pretty bad, but not the worse.
But I think cancer, which niether fits into bacterial/viral diseases nor poison has taken the developed world by storm, because the so called "cures" are dangerous and taxing on one's strength. I'll leave it to you guys to keep debating :)

Level 12
Please read all of the posts, you make somewhat valid points but that is on what we have already discussed. Oh, and just so you know, there is a "vaccine" for colon cancer now which has destroyed the cancer in the first few months with a 99.5% sucess rate.

Level 21
eye im sure you do, but good luck finding any recent info about my.i havent submitted any new info the G-men for like 2 years, the only info u could get is from my school. i know this because i have been asked repeatedly to update school info, doctors info, dentist info and so on and each time i have decined. not because im worried about giving away details but because i cant be assed. the last dental imprint they have of my teeth is 4 years old. and while my teeth are fine and healthy they are very different now.

to be hounest i dont know all the tricks of the nation to find out info, but i do know ive been very lazy when it comes to giving it to them. unless my parents have given details or i have been tricked somewhere i doubt u will find much new info on me.

edit: also it would be hard for any normall person to track me down as my IP link me to AOL in america, not to where i actually am. u might remember when i found out where that spammer lived by tracing his IP. well i dont think it would be possible on mine unless you phoned up AOL and got info from them. and if you know who i am, what is my middle name?

Level 5
You know if we were really that desperate to find out who you were it'd be easier to hire someone to spy on you :p Don't get paranoid it was just a joke.

Level 21
well if you knew much about malufa you would know he probably could get hold of all sorts of government files because of his position in society. as for everyone else its probably gunna be impossible. so if anyone but malufa had said it i would have guessed it was a joke.

Level 21
well yeh there is this one guy i know who could tell you alot about me, including what school i go to, what my name is and so if you were to fly over and ask at my school you could find out where i live. this guy is someone i met on the internet playing counter strike. so he could find me if he wanted.

Level 12
Really there is no point and yes, it was a joke. I see no point in going to the trouble to find out when I could just as easily ask you over MSN the enxt time we are both online.

Status
Not open for further replies.