• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion Juggernaugt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Along with my requests, I'm working on another model. Okay, I stole the idea a bit from DvO's tower, but actually I got the idea, because he said he copied the hands from the tree of life. So I took a closer look on the model and thought: hey, this could be a pretty awsome demon uber tier 3 creature. and I started to wrap and edit it a bit. here is what I've got so far. I was already a bit further, but the armor I made was crappy so I'm "startin" again with this version. Any comments or critics are highly apprecicated. :)

Btw. it's called Juggernaugt. :D

Attachments

• WIP.JPG
    WIP.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 364
Level 51
New WIp.

This time, I'm going for an complete model edit, because I'm too lazy to make things from scratch xD

just to informate you, the chest and leg wrap is just permanently made on the flesh texture. to 99% it will later be wrapped on metal. I just wrapped it now basic on the flesh texture to not have 10000 colours on the model.

Attachments

• NewWIP.JPG
    NewWIP.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 266
Level 9
Instead of 2 eyes, a mask with 4 of them? Not spider like, but a bit like that. Hmm?
And too much red for my linking. It shouldn't be pale undead, yet scorched or bruised tissue - yes. All that red makes me think of living tissue.

Weren't demons halfway through dead? /:

Level 51
hey m0RpH, you're back? :D

well, it is based on the tree of life, and it is more or less just a rewrap with a few fixes yet.

hehe, jeah, I'm going to make it myself :D

what do you mean?
completly from scratch? I've got milkshape actually, but it is somehow complicated to make a complete complex scratch model..
do you also got skype? if not, I'll get icq now :)

Level 22
hey m0RpH, you're back? :D

well, it is based on the tree of life, and it is more or less just a rewrap with a few fixes yet.

hehe, jeah, I'm going to make it myself :D

what do you mean?
completly from scratch? I've got milkshape actually, but it is somehow complicated to make a complete complex scratch model..
do you also got skype? if not, I'll get icq now :)

I'm telling you right now the best part of the skin on the model is the face, and with a mask there it is covered up..

meh, i'm... not active, just lurking, but wanted to write something encouraging ;)
i use 3dsmax 2009 (anything above got more bugs than 2009 version, we dont even use them on work)
you can however model with which software you feel comfortable with, you can almost always somehow convert it to .mdl (mostly export it as .obj, import to max, export to .mdl)

and yes, putting a mask on there would cover up too much...
the chin region is getting messy already, adding more geo and color there would be even more confusing^^

its "based" on the tree of life, so why not even push it further and edit it even more :)
(being lazy doesnt count)
how about putting the whole torso on the naga guard?
(like having him have no feet, but a tail)

Level 51
meh, i'm... not active, just lurking, but wanted to write something encouraging ;)
i use 3dsmax 2009 (anything above got more bugs than 2009 version, we dont even use them on work)
you can however model with which software you feel comfortable with, you can almost always somehow convert it to .mdl (mostly export it as .obj, import to max, export to .mdl)

and yes, putting a mask on there would cover up too much...
the chin region is getting messy already, adding more geo and color there would be even more confusing^^

its "based" on the tree of life, so why not even push it further and edit it even more :)
(being lazy doesnt count)
how about putting the whole torso on the naga guard?
(like having him have no feet, but a tail)

hehe :>

oh okay. maybe I can get a student version from somewhere :p

true true. Jeah, I already deleted all the armor and I'm experimenting at the moment with it.

well, the problem with that would be, that the attack animation of the naga guard isn't very "juggernautish", as it is just a impale attack.
and I somehow like the four legs more. :p but thanks for the suggestion ;)

I like the idea of the four legs, he looks like a big living plattform of war =p

jeah, that was my intention :)

Work on the belly some more. The wrap there is hideous.
The armor looks good but not very original, I guess.

As I said, the belly is just a placeholder, the wrap there was just thrown at the texture, no rewrapping yet.
And I'm already working on the armor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.