• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends (Beta)

180x180.jpg

L E G E N D S

Dev't Thread @ TheHelper.net
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146237

@ TheHiveWorkshop Map Database
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/legends-beta-182952/

Credits
Code:
Jesus4Lyf's Systems : AIDS, BuffStruct, Status, Damage
Vexorian's CasterSystem, XE
Romek's UnitAuraControl
Kenny's KnockBackSystem.

[b]Terraining[/b] (Doodads) - iPeez
[b]HP Bar  and Mana Bar[/b] (Models) - Hatebreeder
Draenei Paladin (Model) - AnemicRoyalty
Warden (Skin) - 67chrome
Proudmoore (Skin)- Pins
Ranger (Skin) - CloudWolf

13lade619
Witch King (Skin)
Akama (Skin)
Effect Models
Icons

*Special Effect Models  from TheHiveworkshop.com
(Thrikodius, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, JetFangInferno, shamanyouranus)

*Spell and Item Icons from TheHiveworkshop.com
(Kola, CRAZYRUSSIAN)

*Spell and Item Icons from World of Warcraft

Latest Dev Updates
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/legends-223182/

Reworking Heroes 5/9 done.
Working on: Demon Huntress (3/5), Archdruid (4/5).

tumblr_max25sRj1X1qdvf2fo1_250.gif

Latest Changelog
Code:
I wanted to include the Archdruid, but I didn't have enough time.

Changed stuff on game-start.
Terraining.
Moved some stuff onto the bases.
Moved some jungle spots.
Modified jungle monsters.

Minions increase every 6 minutes.

Lowered xp gain.
Lowered mana regen per int.
Lowered damage reduction per armor.
Integrated Lifesteal stat.
Tweaked the masteries.

Videos

Screenshots

legendspromo6.png

legendspromo5.png

legendspromo4.png

legendspromo3.png

legendspromo2.png

legendspromo1.png

The goal of this map is
to present a new and more dynamic
hero engine.

Legends� game play revolves mainly on an evolved idea of the �Heroes�.
Collectively, each hero has its role in team battles
but also individually, each hero has different possibilities.
It�s like having two or more heroes in one.
Each player can develop an own style for a hero.

Ability Mastery
- Each hero has 5 abilities with 5 levels each, the final level of each ability is its Ulimate state.
- The level cap for Heroes is only until level 15.
- This set-up makes for a more strategic perspective in choosing which abilities to maximize
or leave weakened and develop your own style for your hero to fit among different roles in battle.
- Possible builds:
- 1 Ultimate + 10 points to others
- 2 Ultimates + 5 points to others
- 3 Ultimates.

Currently Recruiting:

Beta Testers
- A lot.
- A basic part of game development. More testers means more bugs are found and more balancing can be done in a shorter time.

Game Designer
- One or two.
- Helps with pitching in new Ideas for items, heroes and gameplay.
- Experienced mappers or players. Makes sure the game is still fun.

Developer (?)
- Probably none though.
- I can handle the higher level of coding. The problem is that I don't have that much time.
- Because I'm very particular about the systems to be used in all spells.
They're all integrated with multiple larger systems used globally (Status, BuffStruct, Damage, UAC, XE, etc.).​

Keywords:
legends hero arena custom spell abilities skills customization mastery
Contents

Legends (Beta) (Map)

Reviews
18:18, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Contact Me
Level 15
oooooooo. I should really play it, it's been so popular on TheHelper (well, just really an active thread) =) I also saw that mana bar which was based off ToB's blood bar, haha.

Also, posting before 'improve description' / 'spoiler that image' / description nazi posts (seriously, there is bound to be at least one person who will critique your description, instead of the actual map).

Level 5
thanks for the comments.

and yeah the Blood Bar, ToB was my inspiration for that.
I dont know how they did it but I made my own method.

But that's currently taking a lot of space in my map because it's terribly inefficient (file-size wise) because it's just images.

I really need a custom modeler for the job to make an animated model like the dummy model in Vexorian's XE/CasterSystem.

Level 15
I'm guessing you got Hatebreeder to make you a bar / plane / tally / thing model. Why do I post here instead of TheHelper though .__.?

Eh. I tested all this in Single Player, and because I don't know the names of objects (abilities / units), I'll reference them by their model / effect.

• Shouldn't Shroud of Knives (or that Warden missile shield thingy) end when the target dies? I still had it spinning around me when my hero died. Also, it's based off Frost Armour? Why did you remove that autocast message then? Is it meant to be autocastable?
  • I like the HP / MP bars. They're neat. And they fade out on death :thumbs_up:
  • I think you overuse the Mass Teleport / Teleport / Blue thingy effect. It's used on creep spawn, and the teleport ability. Shrugs.
  • The teleport to structure ability. It's interesting how you make use of Patrol. However, it looks strange when you "smart" (or right click) an ally and you see it being actively used (as in, it's highlighted).

The effect is also dull. A few teleport effects in a nova fashion? :thumbs_down: I would think the channeling teleport effect on user, then the teleport coming down looked better, just anything else ~! X_X
  • You could do more to improve the hero tooltips. But I guess that'll be handled in the polishing phase.
  • Is there a way you could eliminate the need for players having to press a key upon finishing loading the map? Some people AFK or aren't aware they have to press a key.
  • On that Priest model hero, that ray or something, the use of that purple "scroll" effect as a missile really annoyed me =X. It just doesn't looks good as a missile, but that is my opinion, and I have no proposal anyways.
  • That Warden hero and the Dark Ranger's dash skills are nicely done =)
  • Unfortunately, nothing really appealed to me in this map. I didn't test everything and I know it's still in beta (which means there is still room for more stuff), but still. There were dull spells and the terrain (yes, yes, I know ><) wasn't exactly the best. Oh, and that white flash at the beginning was irritating.

Last edited:
Level 5
Also, it's based off Frost Armour? Why did you remove that autocast message then? Is it meant to be autocastable?
I figured the mana cost would be too high for autocast.. I'll re-add it then.

The effect is also dull. A few teleport effects in a nova fashion? I would think the channeling teleport effect on user, then the teleport coming down looked better, just anything else ~! X_X
I think you overuse the Mass Teleport / Teleport / Blue thingy effect. It's used on creep spawn, and the teleport ability. Shrugs.
On that Priest model hero, that ray or something, the use of that purple "scroll" effect as a missile really annoyed me =X. It just doesn't looks good as a missile, but that is my opinion, and I have no proposal anyways.
lol. okay.

Is there a way you could eliminate the need for players having to press a key upon finishing loading the map? Some people AFK or aren't aware they have to press a key.
I think it's the loading screen. I'll look into it.

Level 5
It's truly a shame that this map is not mac compatible; the game always freezes at the beginning when I click on the statue to select a hero.

I was looking forward to test/play this map! The quality of this map seems of high quality :)

Level 5
I'll try to log most of the stuff that stands out.
'Kinda lost track of most of the effects and icons though.

Code:
Jesus4Lyf's Systems : AIDS, BuffStruct, Status, Damage
Vexorian's CasterSystem, XE
Romek's UnitAuraControl
Kenny's KnockBackSystem.

HP Bar  and Mana Bar (Models) - Hatebreeder.
Draenei Paladin (Model) - AnemicRoyalty
Terraining (Doodads) - iPeez

13lade619
Witch King (Skin)
Akama (Skin, Attachments)

*Special Effect Models  from TheHiveworkshop.com
*Spell and Item Icons from TheHiveworkshop.com
*Item Icons from World of Warcraft

Level 15
I'm curious how long it takes your map to compile (or save), mine takes forever when I add stuff like Status and BuffStruct (but I also have a crappy computer). Also, depending on if I am motivated enough, and have the time, I might assist you in tracking down the authors of the effects x3

Level 5
L_smallercopy.png

11/21/10 Gameplay Updates.

Downloads:
WorldEditorTutorials - http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=1675
EpicWar - http://www.epicwar.com/maps/154769/

Changelog 10.11.21
Code:
Gameplay

Cooldowns reset into multiples of 0.25 for the implementation of cooldown reduction.
Spell Power ratios modified for multiple abilities.
Runes now removed on death.
Runes will now transfer to the Player's Hero even if the killer is a non-Hero, ie summon.

Runes:

Infinite Mana Flux : Grants 15 mana regen per second and reduces ability cooldowns by 5 seconds.
Crimson Dragonfire: Increases Spell Power by 100. Every 5 seconds the Hero's attack will deal 120 splash magic damage.

Misc:

Hopefully fixes mac compatibility (Witch King Icon).
Fixed loading screen.
HP and Mana bars now fade on death. (and when in stealth.)
Arachnathid Venom now changes projectile art.

*Added teasers for 4 new sidequests.

I tried this map, its pretty good for beta. However, what you really need is:
More tower balance. One more lane. Towers should give gold. Creeps should upgrade attackdamage as well. Neutral creeps have 500 aoe in which they attack me, so while laning creeps come from their spots and try to kill me. The neutrals are freaking powerful and not doable by mage, while for the fighters its easy to do so. You may check it so you can somehow balance it.

Another thing is, its not enough to say "Icons from hiveworkshop", but make a list of all icons and the original author instead. Or just the authors names.

Another thing is, why the hell are the circles of life visible to every player? Hide it for all players except the owner.

And just another thing is, neutral creeps have no collision so they walk through doodads, which is somehow crap.

And what about this auto knockback of creeps / heroes with each attack? Its somehow looking weird for me, especially when you are having a fighter.

One last note, this terrain looks really good and the ideas are quite refreshing.

If you fixed my points mentioned I will test this map again and give it a better review.

Level 5
It still crashes for Mac at the hero selection page after clicking on the statue.

I would assume maybe there is another problematic hero-icon/problematic path to that hero-icon :X

Level 5
It's taking some more time because of Univ..

This summer break I'll work on it again.

Current todo list for release:

Spawn/Mob Enhancements (Didnt have time to put some in, but already in the editor.)
Redo the Multiboard. Scoring/Gold Rewards.

Official Items.

Regarding this, I already have a working engine to create Items by code (Objectmerger).
And every ability related to the Item is also integrated in code.
Such as bonuses, passives, actives and on-hits.

Level 6
Man those health and mana bars caught me off guard that was a great idea despite the fact that they are based in ToB's bars.
Im rating your map 4/5 because its not compatible for mac but anyway great job
:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Level 5
Yeah, ToB was awesome.

I didn't really know how they implemented the system exactly, since I didn't contact the devs.

The HP/Mana bars were made by HateBreeder and the system was designed from scratch by myself.

Thanks for playing. Tune in for more updates in the coming weeks.

Level 3
+Nice terrain
+Interesting Hero Abilities
-Creeps are kinda too small
-Where are items??
-Hero randomly moves left and right when attacking (kinda weird)
-Game laggs when some abilities are used
-Some heroes are incomplete
I would also recommend having that health/mana bar , as optional (to be able to disable it). It is nice, but not really too much useful.

Level 5
I need to know which abilities are lagging. Thanks.

Edit:

Addressed these, will be updated in the new version:
-Creeps are kinda too small - OK
-Hero randomly moves left and right when attacking (kinda weird) - OK
that health/mana bar , as optional (to be able to disable it). - Spacebar would center hero, toggle bars

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Those features in ur map are so COOL. I hope u can develop them into a real AOS map with plenty of new items and new heroes. For now, rating 4. (P/S: I dont think the inventory swap is necessary)

Level 5
Hey guys, I need opinions on both these hero setups:

-

Garrosh the Space Fel Orc
Theme: Big Armor, Big gun.
Focus: Tank, CC
Builds: AoE CC, Single Target CC (Anti-carry)

Rocket Kick
Dashes forward, dealing damage and knocking back the first unit he hits.

Concussive Mortar
Fires a mortar shot into an area, dealing damage
and knocking back units away from the explosion

Minefield
Scatters Mines across an area. The mines will only activate after a delay.
Mines deal damage and slow enemies in an AoE
(Concussive Mortar will detonate Mines)

Riot Cannon
Loads staggering shots into his gun.
The next X attacks will slow the target.
The final attack will deal bonus damage.

Gattling Assault
With every spell (except Riot Cannon),
Garrosh's gains maximum attack speed for the next Y attacks.
-

Raizo the Evolving Storm
Theme: Sentient being of pure energy.
Focus: DPS Mage, Assassin
Builds: Attack Damage, Spells

Volatile Reaction
Strikes the target with lighting, dealing magic damage and stunning it briefly.
(Low cooldown, 0.5 second stun)

Unleashed Power
Unleashes 2 streams of energy forward, dealing magic damage per second to enemies it hits.
(Channeling duration)

Surge
Releases orbs that revolve around Raizo, dealing magic damage.
Each orb can collide once then will vanish.

Evolving Storm
With every spell cast, Raizo gains increased attackspeed and movement speed.

Dark Harvest
Restores mana with every unit that dies in range,
When killing an enemy hero, Raizo gains +Intelligence.