• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Legendary War by Apheraz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Time to reveal (one) surprise. Terrain of bases is completely changed to get the better defense and reachability. Lot of boundary is used, but still retailed to original terrain. I think that it deserves v1.1 stage. So, here is a preview just for Elainiel :)

Attachments

• new tr.JPG
    new tr.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 93
Level 30
New version is attached in here. It got most of the bugs fixed and some suggestions implemented. I decided to leave four new heroes and a shop full of new items for later - due to balancement reasons. Have fun and get me more reviews! :D

Attachments

• Legendary War v1.1P.w3m
    224.6 KB · Views: 82
Level 25
Very well.
This version was to be honest worse :p

Bad points:
-Elune warrior creeps was still not bears, and hard to target.
-Gryphon's stun had still 6 second cooldown, even though you said you were to nerf it to 9 seconds.
-Heroes can't level past 10 :O
-The naga's attackspeed aura buff is endurance aura.
-Towers and houses wasn't invulnerable before the earlier ones are destroyed, as you said you would change.

So conclusion by that: Even though you might've got rid of some bugs, you've created yourself more new ones D:

The good points:
-The new terrain looked better.
-More item recipes :D
-One new hero.

And well, if you fix the level bug, and change the things from my previous review (as you said you would :p ) it will be a good update.

But for now, both me and my other mates enjoyed the last version more:p

Level 30
Sorry for (yet another) double-post. I chosen the Elainiel's suggestion for rework of Skirmisher's Shadow Strike. Now, I need an in-game icon for it. Current one is the Orb of Venom, but I don't find it fitting. I don't want to use the Acid Bomb icon. Model of spell is Acid Bomb.

(suggested by Elainiel)
The Skirmisher hurls an envenomed coctaile towards his target. Upon impact, the Motolov will burst in explosion, dealing damage over time and applying slow to affected enemy units. Has AoE of 300 and lasts for 6 seconds.

Level 1 - 10% slow, 70 duration damage.
Level 2 - 15% slow, 140 duration damage.
Level 3 - 20% slow, 210 duration damage.
Level 4 - 25% slow, 280 duration damage.

Cooldown: 12
Mana Cost: 90, 100, 110, 120

I was wondering, if someone could bounce in the chat with me, to help me with balancing and reworks?

Level 13
Sorry about not seeing those bugs Elainiel mentioned, I guess I'm not too good with proper reviews.

Btw, the new terrain is awesome ;)

Level 30
Elainiel (Visitor Message); said:
I think the toxic molotov deals quite much damage. And what I had in mind was not a target spell, but an AOE target spell. If you get what I mean, right now it is a target spell with AOE and not an AOE spell. And I think it would be cooler with more slow, like 40 % or something, that reduces over time. Ticks down with 5 % per sec or something. But all that is completely up to you :)

Hm, I misunderstood your guides. I will ask for the spell in my request forum, mostly because I suck at such complicated (for me) spells.

Level 30
I've decided to tell you (will be implemented in the new version) about four new heroes and massive amount of remakes of Heroes, their stats and abilities.
So, the four new heroes will be named after persons that helped me much with it, or just my close friends:
Elainiel, the Moon Rose, uses the model of Night Elf Watcher (before, the NE creep).
Titania, the Reprisal Lady, uses the model of Avatar of Vengeance.
Zealon, the Sin Slayer, uses the model of Arthas (Hammer version).
Expulsiva, the Blazing Queen, uses the model of Jaina Proudmoore (slight red coloration).

Level 9
I've decided to tell you (will be implemented in the new version) about four new heroes and massive amount of remakes of Heroes, their stats and abilities.
So, the four new heroes will be named after persons that helped me much with it, or just my close friends:
Elainiel, the Moon Rose, uses the model of Night Elf Watcher (before, the NE creep).
Titania, the Reprisal Lady, uses the model of Avatar of Vengeance.
Zealon, the Sin Slayer, uses the model of Arthas (Hammer version).
Expulsiva, the Blazing Queen, uses the model of Jaina Proudmoore (slight red coloration).

Looks nice XD
Gratz to the guys which got the name there (the ones who helped with this, eh?). Almost like the names of the classes too.
@Apheraz Lucent, you improving this map with these too. ;)
I want test the map too, when I got home.

Edit: I tell you too about I'm a supporter (also, like the word "fan").

Level 30
Sorry for double post. A short review to Elainiel's hero. You take a place of a deadly offensive caster, wrapped in a melee fighter. Your primary attribute is Intelligence, and you get high Intel at all levels, followed by medium agility and strength.

Skills:
Starfall - A single wave of falling stars that hit big target area for medium damage, followed by low cooldown.
Lunation Blade - a shock-wave alike custom spell which has enormous range, high damage and low cooldown.
Lunar Curse - passive skill that activates when a nearby enemy unit casts a spell; slows movement for a short duration.
Moon Finale - A huge burst of massive damage at single enemy unit. High cooldown at first level (110/85/60)

Stats:
Agility: 15 + 1.5
Strength: 19 + 1.7
Intelligence: 24 + 3.1
Movement speed of 305.
Attack Range of 100.

Level 25
Looking very good, I think it fits me Apeheraz :p

Anyhow, enormous review #2 incoming;

BUGS:
-Upon denying with skirmisher, the allied unit gets the poison on it.
-The game says I've destroyed a tower when I kill the bestiary (orc's creep building)
-Crystal spirit's spells are fucked up. My friend did all three nuke spells on me, and I took merely any damage at all. The ultimate dealt only about 60 damage, with diane's soul, the sheer cold dealt between 0-50 damage. Crystaline wave seems to be the only skill dealing proper damage. (Might be the fact that the spirit's spells are physical damage, because I had 70 % damage reduction by armor)
-If you die before someone wins, then you will be ressurected and everything will be frozen, so you can win as well, both teams wins. (Don't we all love endings where everyone is pleased? )

SUGGESTIONS/BALANCE:
This is merely my suggestions in how to improve the balance from my view, feel free to use them as you want or simply ignore them if you think my observations are delusional.
-Magebane is quite the overpowered hero, in many ways.
First Reason:
He has feedback, on a ranged hero, on a ranged agility hero.
Second Reason:
The ultimate instantly kills any hero more or less, just do the ulti and they are down, you don't even need to reduce their mana.
Third and final reson:
The ultimate gains an enormous boost from Diane's soul. Reduces it cooldown with 70 seconds :O
Suggestions on balancing;
-Make him an Intelligence hero instead.
-Reduce the percent swapped to 30-50-70 for each level instead of 70-80-90.
-Don't make Diane's soul reduce cooldown at all for the ultimate, it already is getting buffed a lot, with 10 extra percent for all levels and the ability to cast it on allies, that is more than enough.
-You might want to consider changing the minimum hp from his ultimate to 300 or 400 instead of 200.

-The naga hero's regen should stop upon taking damage, it is quite imba to regen that much hp and mana while engaged in a fight.
-The bash item should not be so good. You might want to consider reducing the chance to 15 % instead and the duration of the stun to 1 second. 1.5 is like a stun spell.
And you should consider making the bash chance to only 10 % for ranged, since it is way better on a ranged hero.
-Skirmisher's ulti. Well... It gives 37 agility and range. 37 agility is like 4 armor, 50 attackspeed and 40 damage. Might want to nerf that one a tad. 25 agility at max level would be more proper to me.
-Shield of honor gives a big amount of armor for being so cheap, you should change the ingredients for the recipe to the lesser armor item instead and make it give you 5 armor. 10 is a lot.

OTHER:
-Magebane's Fortune Reversal has got a typo, allow, not alow.
-Hotkey on Magebane's slow does not work (might be my custom keys though). But it said the hotkey should be W but it uses Q. You might want to check that out.
-Naga ranger seems to have more range than she has, and her arrows goes in all kinds of random directions for some reason. Makes it very hard to see if you are attacked/hit and it looks like she has 200 more range than she should have. (might just be the projectile)
-Skirmisher's spell Slow Poison got a typo, it says "..decreases movement and attack speeds". Should be speed.

That is all for now, can't wait for the next version (with my hero! :D ).

In this very moment my IRL friend x3m is writing a review to you as well, he wanted me to let you know he is a very good friend of mine. So take his words in mind even though he is an unknown user :). (if you would be caring about stuff like that).

It is a fun map, with great potential, keep this up my friend!

x3m

x3m

Level 3
Hi there! I'm a friend of Elainiel and I've been playing your map with him.
First of, congratulations for the ( according to me ) most playable Dota-similar map.
It's quite original despite the similarities of Dota, and I wish you the best future with this map.

Some suggestions for improvement would be:

-MageBane-
-The Ultimate that he possess seams to work a bit too good. The amount of mana-hp swap is to great. I mean, if you use it against a tank he looses almost all his hp, and only by that spell he has become useless.
-Perhaps swap him to Int-hero instead of Agi, or give him less stat gain. Just because he seems to be more of a supporter then carry.

-Naga-
-The amount of hp/mana gain by her spell feels to be to great in early game. She can practically stand on the lane without heading back to the well. Perhaps lower the amount restored?
-The attackspeed aura was a bit to great, since it works on all allied units. Make it an activateskill instead or just let the aura only apply to heroes?

Then some things that I think would be great to add is a scoreboard, the usual kill/death/deny and what not.

As for items,
a tpscroll would be really nice to be able to use.
Then for serathil's bash, Oboy! 20% chance to stun 1,5 sec, even on a ranged hero. That's a crazygood item. Perhaps a bit too good. I would suggest to lower the chance to stun and or the stun length.

A few things I don't know if it were meant to be this way or if it's just misses/bugs?
-Creeps don't respawn in forest.
-A "player" has destroyed a tower, when destroying the barracks.
-Perhaps new model for improved units after destroying barracks.
-When your allied units kill a tower you get no reward?
-Spelldamage works on mechanical units, supposed to?
-Chilling comet and sheer cold on Faye do almost no damage, because of the armor of the hero?
-Resurrected hero ( after loss ) can move and is able to destroy enemies main base and get the win message.
-You can kill the main base without taking out the towers.
-And finally, a way to revive the hero in exchange for a small fee would be awesome in stressed situations.

That's what I have come up with after some amusing playing on your map. Anywho, keep up the good work and looking forward to see this map grow :)

Cheers! /GB

Level 30
Okay, a full review to both Elainiel's and Zealon's heroes. Wrapped in 'Hidden' tags.

Sentinel.gif

Affiliation: Sentinel
Attack Animation: 0.650 / 0.400
Casting Animation: 0.300 / 0.330
Movespeed: 305
Attack Range: 100 (melee)

Abilities:
Shooting Stars
Elainiel summons a single wave of shooting stars to damage units in a target area.

Level 1: 70 damage.
Level 2: 140 damage.
Level 3: 210 damage.
Level 4: 280 damage.
Cooldown: 8
Mana Cost: 90, 105, 120, 135
Lunation Blade
Elainiel calls upon the lunation blade to cut a deep wound to any enemy unit it touches, as it travels in a straight line.

Level 1: 80 damage.
Level 2: 160 damage.
Level 3: 240 damage.
Level 4: 320 damage.
Cooldown: 9
Mana Cost: 95, 115, 135, 155
Elune's Haste
Hasted by Elune herself, Elainiel gets increased movement speed.

Level 1: +15 move speed.
Level 2: +30 move speed.
Level 3: +45 move speed.
Level 4: +60 move speed.
Moon Finale
The Moon Rose blasts a single enemy unit with the full potency of lunar powers, dealing massive damage.

Level 1: 450 damage.
Level 2: 750 damage.
Level 3: 1050 damage.

Cooldown: 110, 85, 60
Mana Cost: 265, 380, 495

character.gif

Attack Animation: 0.567 / 0.433
Casting Animation: 0.400 / 1.200
Movespeed: 290

Abilities:
Hammer of Justice
Zealon throws a magical hammer at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target.

Level 1: 95 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2: 165 damage, 1.35 seconds stun.
Level 3: 235 damage, 1.7 seconds stun.
Level 4: 305 damage, 2 seconds stun.
Cooldown: 14
Mana Cost: 100, 110, 120, 130
Divine Guidance
Empowers nearby allied heroes with divine enchantments, increasing their movement speed to maximum for a short duration.

Level 1: Lasts 2.5 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 3 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 3.5 seconds.
Level 4: Lasts 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 16, 14, 12, 10
Mana Cost: 55, 60, 65, 70
Retribution
Endures nearby allied units with angelic strength, increasing their attack damage

Level 1: +10% damage.
Level 2: +18% damage.
Level 3: +26% damage.
Level 4: +34% damage.
Heavenly Field
Zealon chants an angelic sound to the ultimate endurance of heavens, crafting a spiritual field around him that weakens any enemy in it. Slows movement and attack speed by 50% and reduces base attack damage by 25%.

Level 1: Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 6 seconds.

Cooldown: 120
Mana Cost: 160, 250, 340

Level 25
On my hero, (it looks nice) I think 60 passive ms boost is quite high.
And the ultimate, will it be able to get boosted by Diane's? In that case I think is has very high damage.

On Zealon's hero, well seems interesting and all nice. Apart from the movementspeed buff. I am guessing you have played dota, where Dark Seer can buff one's movementspeed with max for some seconds (Think it is 3 or 4 at max level). But that is on one target, buffing all allied heroes with max ms for 4 seconds is one hell of a spell.
And not that original either, maybe make it dispel upon hero damage?

Apart from that, good job, seems like you are working a lot on this map, you are making some great progress.

Level 9
Well, two more persons who type in a review of the map will get their names as item name/hero name.

Oh, I forgot you, my friend. You will be known as:
+Dragoinc, the Draconian Warmage (Uses the model of blue dragonspawn).

XD Nice, thank you!
If you want: You can decide what abilities "my" hero can use. =3

Level 30
As I said before,

two more persons can get their names in my map by playing the map (preferably in multi-player) and posting a good review in here (along with suggestions of icon/model changes if you have some, remakes or balancements).

Elainiel, well I just checked DotA's stats for Laguna Blade (Lina) and Finger of Death (Lion). Here we come to a conclusion:

Moon FinaleLaguna BladeFinger of Death
Damage450/750/1050450/675/950500/600/850
Cooldown110/85/60120/90/55150/90/55
Casting Range500600700

So, let's try to balance you. Suggestion for ultimate improvement? (I don't want raw damage bonus, I was thinking of +1 bounce with 50% less damage or with 35% AoE splashed damage)
Also, I checked the Dark Seer's Surge spell. It lasts 3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds, with 9 cooldown and 600 casting range; 20/30/40/50 mana.
I came to conclusion that when the Sin Slayer uses this to solo-escape, his casting animation will take off 0.5-1.5 seconds depending on when you break the animation. Let's leave it up for the following version, and then to balance it, okay?

Level 25
Hm, they deal that much damage as well, thought both was on 850.
But well, perhaps it seems quite balanced already. Maybe heighten the cooldown with 5-10 seconds? (on the last level)

And the ultimate improvement, that sounded awesome, especially the splash damage effect.
35 % isn't too much I guess, but then two questions comes up for me;
Will it only bounce on heroes? How long bounce range?

Level 30
I was thinking of making it bounce to a random hero first. If there is no hero, it bounces on random unit. Or to make it deal 35%/40%/45% in 300 AoE around target? Numbers can be tweaked.
Oh, is this good?
Cooldown: 120 /90 / 65

Oh and, is there a way on which can we chat much faster? ThW chat? Msn?

Level 25
Also, I checked the Dark Seer's Surge spell. It lasts 3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds, with 9 cooldown and 600 casting range; 20/30/40/50 mana.
I came to conclusion that when the Sin Slayer uses this to solo-escape, his casting animation will take off 0.5-1.5 seconds depending on when you break the animation. Let's leave it up for the following version, and then to balance it, okay?

Holy damn, it lasts for so long? o_O Should play him more.
That would indeed be a better cooldown for "my" ultimate.
And the AOE seems nice as well, but how close most a unit be for it to bounce at all? It shouldn't bounce if you do the spell on a hero that is alone in the forest for example in my opinion.

And THW chat is full of trolling and spamming, msn would be better, I'll PM you mine.

Level 13
I have a hero Idea

I believe, to get a hero you must first meet the below requirments :)

As I said before,

two more persons can get their names in my map by playing the map (preferably in multi-player) and posting a good review in here (along with suggestions of icon/model changes if you have some, remakes or balancements).

unless you mean:
suggestions of icon/model changes if you have some, remakes or balancements

a hero remake suggestion?

Level 29
Okay, a full review to both Elainiel's and Zealon's heroes. Wrapped in 'Hidden' tags.

Sentinel.gif

Attack Animation: 0.650 / 0.400
Casting Animation: 0.300 / 0.330
Movespeed: 305

Abilities:
Shooting Stars
Elainiel summons a single wave of shooting stars to damage units in a target area.

Level 1: 70 damage.
Level 2: 140 damage.
Level 3: 210 damage.
Level 4: 280 damage.
Cooldown: 8
Mana Cost: 90, 105, 120, 135
Lunation Blade
Elainiel calls upon the lunation blade to cut a deep wound to any enemy unit it touches, as it travels in a straight line.

Level 1: 80 damage.
Level 2: 160 damage.
Level 3: 240 damage.
Level 4: 320 damage.
Cooldown: 9
Mana Cost: 95, 115, 135, 155
Elune's Haste
Hasted by Elune herself, Elainiel gets increased movement speed.

Level 1: +15 move speed.
Level 2: +30 move speed.
Level 3: +45 move speed.
Level 4: +60 move speed.
Moon Finale
The Moon Rose blasts a single enemy unit with the full potency of lunar powers, dealing massive damage.

Level 1: 450 damage.
Level 2: 750 damage.
Level 3: 1050 damage.

Cooldown: 110, 85, 60
Mana Cost: 265, 380, 495

character.gif

Attack Animation: 0.567 / 0.433
Casting Animation: 0.400 / 1.200
Movespeed: 290

Abilities:
Hammer of Justice
Zealon throws a magical hammer at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target.

Level 1: 95 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2: 165 damage, 1.35 seconds stun.
Level 3: 235 damage, 1.7 seconds stun.
Level 4: 305 damage, 2 seconds stun.
Cooldown: 14
Mana Cost: 100, 110, 120, 130
Divine Guidance
Empowers nearby allied heroes with divine enchantments, increasing their movement speed to maximum for a short duration.

Level 1: Lasts 2.5 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 3 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 3.5 seconds.
Level 4: Lasts 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 16, 14, 12, 10
Mana Cost: 55, 60, 65, 70
Retribution
Endures nearby allied units with angelic strength, increasing their attack damage

Level 1: +10% damage.
Level 2: +18% damage.
Level 3: +26% damage.
Level 4: +34% damage.
Heavenly Field
Zealon chants an angelic sound to the ultimate endurance of heavens, crafting a spiritual field around him that weakens any enemy in it. Slows movement and attack speed by 50% and reduces base attack damage by 25%.

Level 1: Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 6 seconds.

Cooldown: 120
Mana Cost: 160, 250, 340

just an off-topic question...how the hell do you make those animations appear here?

Level 30
I found ,,GIF" images which are animated as you can see. Then I used the
[Img] [/img] tag. You just need to copy link of the image to the space between IMG tag. Example:
[Img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090121060757/wowwiki/images/7/70/Sentinel.gif[/img]
This text will make this image:
Sentinel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.