• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Currently I am working on a beta of this game that may one day cover the whole adventure that once graced the N64 console. The beta carries you from the shoes of Link all the way to his departure from Kokori forest.

Currently it sits at about halfway through the Deku tree, with some aspects before it still being worked on (NPC interactions, cinematics), but it is heading past the 50% mark currently so I thought I'd give a sneak peak.

CONTROLS
Most importantly this is in third person, just like oot, and it is aimed to be as authentic and enjoyable as it was on the N64. You view all the action from behind Link himself, and can swing his sword, shield, throw deku nuts, light deku sticks and lanterns, dodge boulders etc. The only thing you cannot do is swim at the moment or somersault.

TERRAIN
Is as reflective of OOT as possible, refer to the video preview for details.

As the map progresses further updates will be submitted, but for now some screenshots and a video are available, and this will be singleplayer only of course.....

Attachments

• OOT.wmv
    2.9 MB · Views: 420
  • deku tree.jpg
    deku tree.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 6,937
  • dekubaba.jpg
    dekubaba.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • dekutreeshielding.jpg
    dekutreeshielding.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 34,338
  • kokoriforest.jpg
    kokoriforest.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 9,995
  • links house.jpg
    links house.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 31,746
  • running.jpg
    running.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 18,602
  • skultulla.jpg
    skultulla.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 940
Level 7
For a better Link model (that one is awful) go to thehelper.net. Use the search option and search Legend of Zelda. There's one that looks much much much better, even though he uses footman animations.

Level 15
YES! YES! YES! FINALLY! MY SCREENSHOTS HAVE ARRIVED!

This is one of the godliest of projects ever attempted. It surpasses almost EVERY SINGLE F--KING RPG out there. Why? Flawless systems. The demo this fellow provided was INSANELY fun. It felt like Zelda should feel-COMPLETELY AWESOME! Reputation for showing off your SUPER UBER TERRAINS, MAN!

The only problem is the people. If they could look more Kokiri-ish... Hmmm...

Level 9
I'd use the footman model, but the animations are actually quite poor... this Link model can lay bombs, do spin attacks, lower his shield, do everything I need really. If anything all this map would need is a smoother Link model based off the existing one, but I'll worry about that when this map progress further.

The L target system is also something I'm working on, and wouldn't be too hard to implement, although targeting can sometimes be an issue in this map (Link's selection zone seems to get in the way a lot sometimes), so it might be moreso based off the nearest enemy to Link.

And as for the demo, search Zelda eagle dungeon. It isn't an OOT demo, but a remake of the first zelda dungeon ever in third person, where a much more basic demo of the motion system for this map was first made. The motion now is enhanced by Link actually 'walking' when he moves around rather than smoothly gliding over the terrain.

Level 12
The L target system is also something I'm working on, and wouldn't be too hard to implement, although targeting can sometimes be an issue in this map (Link's selection zone seems to get in the way a lot sometimes), so it might be moreso based off the nearest enemy to Link.

Nearest enemy
-Then to switch it would just be based on which is at angle greater then etc to current facing... etc...

Level 8
"And as for the demo, search Zelda eagle dungeon. It isn't an OOT demo, but a remake of the first zelda dungeon ever in third person, where a much more basic demo of the motion system for this map was first made. The motion now is enhanced by Link actually 'walking' when he moves around rather than smoothly gliding over the terrain."

okay thanks :D id play it but my laptop (what im using atm) is fucked up right now so i cant do anything with warcraft lol but as soon as it's fixed ill play :D

hell if i get time, ill try to get some smoother animations for that link or get a better link (i dislike that face with a passion :D)

Level 15
The problem with that link is as follows: it's normal attack animations are with the BIGGORON sword, not the MASTER SWORD. What we need to do is simple: fix the face, change the attack animations, and remove the Hyrule Shield, Master Sword, and Biggoron Sword ENTIRELY.

There existing Zelda attachments already in the resource section, so that's covered... all we need is to add attachment points to both hands. Or...

Add ALOT of weapons to the model itself, and, make alternate pairs of animations. Some could be with the Master Sword+Hyrule Shield, some with the Kokiri Sword+Kokiri Shield (and Hyrule Shield), some with the Master Sword+Mirror Shield, and some with the Biggoron Sword+Mirror/Hyrule Shield.

Level 15
There was a rigged villager man model with over 100 animations.

Edit: They were each part of small groups of alternate sets of animations.

Level 8
dude kokori sword would pertain to kid link lol that model was for an adult link but i do agree with the attack animation lol

"There was a rigged villager man model with over 100 animations."
the villager man model is only 300 something polies, this link is far over that lol so it would need alot less animations

itd be easier to just use my link i guess :D when i get time, ill post some pictures up here and gav can decide which one he'd rather :D mines gunna be all about attachment points though

Level 8
yea i took my high polied link TP and made it into a OoT lol and thats why the hair is like that and not like the Oot one :D but yea i gotta get them animations done (and i still need to get your truck done :D still thinking on how to get the turret to spin to attack)

Level 9
Why thankyou.

And it is quite moving that you're actually working on a better Link model :grin: it looks excellent so far, and if you do intend to create a young link model eventually I wish you luck as well as a creditation in the finished map and rep of course :xxd:

The only issue I may have with a model being made for my map is size, anything more than about 1 MB would probably be pushing it... the music even upon compression (and i mean uber compression) and sound effects (yep enemies, Link etc have sound effects from oot) adds about 1.5+ MB already.

Level 8
if a model is 1mb, then it must be heavily detailed lol this model will be compressed so i assure you itll be good :D

when you repped me, you meant to write adult link right? :D

also im not sure how this could work but i can try adding team color for different tunics :D

Level 8
okay i raised the bottom of the tunic up :D also thanks for showing me that picture....it wants me to reskin the model :p damn nintendo and there 20 skins beauty lol

expect another pic soon probably with another skin ;)

BIG EDIT:

Okay i got bad news, all my models from 6 months ago to today were erased (yes link too) so im very disappointed but i will probably just remake the model

Last edited:
Level 2
B-E-A-Utiful!

I don't expect gameplay to exactly reflect OOT but please match it closely...

And if you could read some fanfics on google and see if you can add sidequests so It isnt just a copy game...

Level 15
Fanfics, for the most part, are usually gay. Sorry. They just are. They often involve romances between two main characters (or more) or the authors add themselves into the story. Let him do what he wants, it's his awesome Campaign, not yours.

Level 20
This looks nice. Just don't ruin it with shitty controls or something. If you'd be proficient in Jass, you'd use RtC with custom natives so you could have superfastomg 3rd person camera controls.

(but you should have created a new storyline instead of recreating OOT)

Level 20
SRSLY? I'm completely aware of that. I just said that creating a new storyline based on the Legend of Zelda lore would be... more interesting, maybe more tempting for players to try out, because lots of people have already played Ocarina of Time. It's quite redundant to play it again, on an obviously weaker engine.

Level 10
HINDYhat said:
I just said that creating a new storyline based on the Legend of Zelda lore would be... more interesting, maybe more tempting for players to try out, because lots of people have already played Ocarina of Time.
Agreed 200%. Because if I want to play OoT I can go get my N64 out, and it's not that hard to "stumble" across it illegally. =/

Level 15
Makes a good point, but it's harder to make a great Zelda story based on the lore. I mean, would you rather have a good remake, or a bad storyline?

Level 8
no dread the correct way to say it is...."Gohan couldn't make a campaign" :D

the only thing that would be easy for a fan fic map is your char is link, something to do with zelda, and the main boss would be Ganondorf lol but youd have to fill all that middle part in

Level 9
Open beta indeed, and it was dropped unfortunately at that stage.

As for this map, I'm slightly unsure wether to make a whole new zelda campaign because the remaking of an epic is quite difficult as it is showing to me. The creation of a whole new zelda storyline wouldn't be that hard for me, so well see

Status
Not open for further replies.