• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left 2 die, how to import units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey there,

because im making a new map in sc2 im searching for some new cool units and found some in the map left 2 die. but how can i import them and use them in my own map ? i know that i have to set the right dependencies like the left 2 die.mod what i did. i also can open the import module and see the files of the hunterling, but when i copy them to my map i dont know how i can use them.

does anyone has an idea how i can do this and make a small tutorial so that i can do this with any other unit ?

greets

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use them the same way normal units use models. You need a model data linking to them, then actors which link the model to the unit data. Ofcourse you need the unit data to represent the unit ingame. The mods only contain the art work (graphics and sounds).

Some people say that the mods do not work properly as dependiencies in a multiplayer game for some reason.

Open the map Left 2 Die, open the previewer, then export the model you wish to use.
Open your map, import the TGA/DDS files first, without importing the model. Save the map. Then import the .m3 model file.
Go to your Data Editor and create a new model or select a pre-existing one.
Change the paths of said model in the data editor to the newly imported model.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.