• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaving hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey everyone, the reason im making this post is because I will be pretty much leaving the hive. I have alot of things going on IRL like a job which requires alot of travel, university coming up in a few weeks, I don't make maps anymore in my own time and I really dont get anytime online which isnt spent on WoW or doing work. I may stop in a few times just to check on whats happening but it may be once or twice a month at best. I wanted to make a goodbye post because I didnt just want to dissapear like ive seen so many people do and really I wanted to say thanks to a few people; people I feel have been good friends over the years.

First off Ralle I would like to thank you for making WH40KTD, which lead me to ralle-ab.cjb.net and subsequently the first internet forum I ever joined, which would have been maybe 5 years ago now, when we were both perhaps 12 or 13 years old? anyways you have always been a good friend and its a shame we havent been in contact so much in recent months, none the less thanks for everything you have done for this community and for me (tho no one ever sent me money on pay pal :p ). I hope you keep up the good work and I wish you success in everything.

Second Brad, coz Brad, you know I was gunna mention you somewhere. Anyways, always had great conversations and your dry "screw you" humour which you can have at times is fantastic, probably because it reminds me of me; a young me, not much younger mind you, perhaps even a few years older (futurama ftw). Brilliant knowledge of good and varied music, which is a rarety on the internet and I really respect you for that. Im sure I will catch you on MSN every now and then, tho I will also be cutting down on all of that sorta thing too :( Still i hope you keep up the good work here!

Third Shados, this isnt in any particular order so don't worry! but still you have been a great guy and you know shit loads about lots of different stuff and ive always valued your opinoin. Not only that but you have always had a half decent opinoin which isnt boring or stupid, and that helps alot, not just on the internet but IRL too. Ive yet to try polyphasic sleep, but its something im looking into since im going to be starting uni and can get away with stupid bullshit like that :p Also a big thanks for all the file hosting, its been very useful! im sure I will also see you on MSN at some point!

Fourth OLDSKOOL hive, tho most of you have left and probably wont read this I still wanted to say thanks for making the hive an awesome place back when it was fresh on the net, especial thanks to Malufa who is probably the smartest person to have ever been here.

Fifth everyone else, thanks for everyone here, because without you this place wouldnt exist. some of you guys have great creative talents and I wish you all success, even those who dont like me or ive had disagrements with (which i hope isnt many!) i wish success, because without all of you I wouldnt have had the great time that ive had here!

Anyways, I may be around every so often (if anyone cares :p) but I felt I need to thank people for everything they have given me here over 4 years at the hive (I know my join date says 2005 but trust me it was 2004 at some point!). I hope it carrys on well into the future, which should be interesting with Star Craft 2 and Diablo 3 on the horison, so you never know I might stop back in for them!

Level 36
Well Dan I'd like to say a few things. Firstly, I don't see this as a goodbye for me, as I still intend to catch you on MSN whenever possible. Not a chance I'll let you go that easily :p

Secondly, I'd like to express my dearest sentiments that no one sent you any money. I remember clearly seeing you in the tips, and when I first joined the Hive, I thought you and Ralle both celebrities of sorts, since I knew both of you by name from before even meeting you.

And finally, I'd like to thank you for everything. You were always such an easy person to get along with because our interests overlapped ALL the time, and you've introduced me to a lot of good culture, music, and other things. Don't ever stop mixing, and I wanna keep up with all your latest sets! The Last Mix was awesome man. I can always catch you on Facebook too.

But you're a really talented guy, you're smart, funny, and you've got a lot going for you. You've got a kickass job, and damn is it inspiring. I'd love to end up working in a job like yours. Also, I'd like to thank you for showing me how to play CSS like a pro. I've owned many a Dust with some of the strats you showed me that one time! :p

So yeah, thanks for being the coolest person on the Hive, and the most fun to talk to. I expect we'll be hearing a lot from each other in the future.

I'd still love to see some of the vets here (Yourself and Ralle included) work on a project for one of Blizz's future games, just to say that we have.

And, as a parting note, cheers to you. If I ever find myself in the UK I'll try and gravitate my way to whichever club you're in.

Level 18
o.o. Ah, this saddens me - just when I was catching up with you more again, you're leaving again :(. I'll miss you Dan, and good luck with work & uni. I certainly do hope you come back eventually, and brad's idea for an oldschool-hive-made project sounds like a lot of fun :).

-*meow*

Level 13
I'm afk a week and GST up and leaves. Hmp.

Well stop in chat every now and then and say hi, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.