• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Leaver ally does not share the unit control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When my friend who is playing as red leaves the game via normal means, e.g. exits the game of freewill, he shares the unit control with me just fine (I'm playing blue)
  • Share Units
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game with a defeat
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game with a victory
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 1 (Red) units with his/her allies
But when my red friend is defeated, or is victorious (we are not using shared victory/shared defeat option), then he does not share his units with me.
How can I make him share the units through trigger regardless of the way he leaves?

Level 2
all good I think I found a walkaround
I put this as the action on the actual victory trigger
  • VictoryPlayer1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
            • Conditions
              • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is unused
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
            • Conditions
              • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is unused
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 1 (Red) units with his/her allies
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
How do I mark thread as solved?

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you,
I also had a question about what exactly does the slot status 'IsPlaying' mean? I know that 'unused' means that a slot didn't have a player in it when the game started, and 'has left' is basically a leaver via F10 menu, but what is 'IsPlaying'? Is it like when a player is present in game, but hasn't clicked anything for x minutes or ...?
  • Conditions
    • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Not Equal to IsPlaying
And also what is Show dialogs and Show scores and their combinations? What would happen if I chose to Hide dialogs but Show scores, or the other way around? Or Hide them both? And how can I continue to stay in game even after I got the victory message displayed?
  • Actions
    • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm pretty sure there is no "afk" status, so Is Playing simply confirms that a player is in that slot. That makes the most sense since the other 2 options cover everything else.

Scores refers to the Scorescreen you see at the end of a melee game. This shows Units Killed, Resources Gained, Heroes Killed, etc...

Dialogs shows the Quit/Resume buttons. So if you hide dialogs it will immediately end the game for that player without giving them a choice of buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.