• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

League of Legends in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Hey guys, I just wanted to point out that there are some lol champs recreated in wc3 (I did two of them)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/twisted-fate-006-spellpack-228887/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/leblanc-deceiver-spellpack-v1-2-a-223372/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/lee-sin-spellpack-v1-1-0-a-229671/

I'm also working on Orianna currently!

(Also, if anyone is experienced with making youtube videos, I would appreciate some help when I'm done)

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
hemmedo, this is the third email I've gotten today about Tryndamere.

I don't expect to make Tryndamere anytime soon as I have queued Draven to be the next spellpack and don't have time to work on that.

I suggest requesting it here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/ as you'll need an experienced jass developer to make him (He will be similarly difficult to Lee Sin)

You could also learn jass and make it yourself, but I suspect that would take around a year if you start from nothing.

Good luck.

Level 14
@Coke: Are you planning to use these heroes for a map, or did you just make them for other people to use? I always find it complicated to import spells/heroes, if you make a bigger map (like AoS) and want to import many heroes/spells made by different people you end up importing 5 different versions of the core systems. :S

Dont get me wrong, im not asking you to stop doing this. Its always nice when people provide free heroes/spells. Im just always sceptical about these things...

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
@Coke: Are you planning to use these heroes for a map, or did you just make them for other people to use? I always find it complicated to import spells/heroes, if you make a bigger map (like AoS) and want to import many heroes/spells made by different people you end up importing 5 different versions of the core systems. :S

No, I don't plan to =/

And I think the leblanc spellpack is already incompatible with mine. Mine should all be compatible with each other at least, though

If it's ok to ask, anybody curious how Spell Vamp would work on Warcraft 3? :p

Well, if you are to make such a map, I would highly recommend using your own flags for damage. You would enable some global variables (or local, depending on the effect you want to achieve and the complexity of the spell) and cause Normal or Magic damage. Since you are the one to control the type of damage, you could check if the damage source has an item that is supposed to have a vampiric effect through magical damage.

If the spell itself has a vampiric effect, you simply add one extra line to the spell. In any case, check if (Triggering unit) has an Item of type X (if you have multiple spell Vamp Items, I suggest you used a loop to browse through the inventory slots) and then set life of (Triggering unit) to (Damage Taken * X). Damage taken is actually the resulting damage of the custom trigger you'd be using for magical damage detection. You can still control that, without any custom script, but that would require some extra, manual work.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I find it kinda ironic that there's LoL in Wc3 knowing that the game came out as an idea from Wc3's DotA in the first place. Not saying that it's bad or something, but it's kinda funny to me =D

Speaking of Spell Vamp, you can't really do it by detecting normal or magic damage, since spell vamp doesn't proc on magic damage. It will heal you for damage dealt through spells that are not on hit effects, nor apply on hit effects, nor are auto attack modifiers. Also keep in mind that it must be reduced by to 33% if the spell is AoE.

Level 21
I use a damage dealing wrapper for such things. In my current project there is no damage types for spells, but rather a set of tags. Currently they are SPELL(when it started as a cast), AOE and DOT(damage over time).
For instance, a poison that applies when autoattacking would run when all tags are false.
The poison damage itself would set DOT tag to true, but not others.
A spell like shadow strike would initially have the SPELL tag and the damage over time has SPELL and DOT.

Note that I still have to code every spell myself for this to work, which is okay for me but might not be for others.
Technically it is very easy to add additional tags. This system is more flexible than anything based on damage types could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.