• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Le Fléau // The Scourge (TSe)

Reactions: deepstrasz
- Le Fléau / The Scourge (TSe) -

Description: Post apocalypse ground

General Info:

Players: 1v1
Size: 126 x 93
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

4 Goldmines
1 Shops
1 Market
2 Labs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:

4 Green
12 Orange
2 Red
Previews
Contents

Le Fléau // The Scourge (TSe) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
I agree that this is pretty similar to NI. Which means the layout etc is fine, but tbh I dont think it is quite as good as NI. First, visuals: I very much like the look of the map in general, but there are a few things that irritate me: 1. Snowless...
mafe
So... By this you mean "everything I mentioned", right? Because I will not check the entire map once again. For everything I didnt mention, I assue it wis unchanged, and I will only check things again that I happen to notice by chance. Let's see...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I agree that this is pretty similar to NI. Which means the layout etc is fine, but tbh I dont think it is quite as good as NI.
First, visuals: I very much like the look of the map in general, but there are a few things that irritate me:
1. Snowless trees on top of snow: I am legitimately confused since I havent seen a "real" winter in like 5 years, but I dont think that is how it normally happens in real life. But wc3 is a world with magic so....
2. Fog everywhere: Maybe less is more, and it would be enough to have it in a few places.
3. Visual bugs between tiles in some places (will add screenshot later).

Second, gamplay:
4. The kobolds near the main bases seem to be missing an itemdrop. Also, the ground around them should be buildable for AoW-creeping.
5. The murlocs south of the tavern can aggro by accident.
6. Many of the sides of the forests are blocked by doodads. This can be very annoyning for nightelves, as treants can easily become stuck.
7. Everything else looks unremarkable and therefore fine to me.

So, although it feels harsh, I'd like to see 4 and 5 fixed, maybe also the other stuff. Therefore map set to Awaiting update.

Edit: Examples of weird edges between tiles:
1641498930122.png

Level 12
Hi @mafe , Thanks for the feedback! You have the right to be tough :)
Overall, I changed everything!
I even modify some creeps! The nearest reds and mines. They didn't have an anti-aircraft creep, it would have been too easy with mass air.
I tried something! I turned the snow away but I added some flames in the forests and let the weather snow light to make a feeling of falling ash! Tell me if it seems possible to you to understand.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So...
Overall, I changed everything!
By this you mean "everything I mentioned", right? Because I will not check the entire map once again. For everything I didnt mention, I assue it wis unchanged, and I will only check things again that I happen to notice by chance.

Let's see:
1-3 indeed no longer exist due, since there is no more snoe/fog. Btw you know how to insert fog (or any weather) locally?
4-6 are indeed also fixed.

Therefore map approved.