1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lava

Submitted by HappyTauren
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
You put this on the center of the map, then lower it down, and the whole map is going to have lava below that level. It pretty much fits a 64x64 map, so if your map is larger you will need multiple lava doodads.

Keywords:
lava, fire, moving,
Contents

Lava (Model)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/07 15:15:40 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Staff Contact - Rules
  1. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah it looks nice but it also eats fps like children eat up candy on Christmas Eve. I suggest that you to create a smaller version of this model like the water model from the UTM. So one can use this model for multiplayer maps.

Extremly awsome model!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if it's eating cpu or fps and doesn't work in mp, you're using it wrong. Scale it 2x and make sure its very center is always visible to every player. Also, this can't be done lije the water model because it has to tile, you'd have seams since they don'u appear at the same time..

3. BiroN

BiroN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great idea, great model. THANKS!

EDIT 27/3/2016: Testing this in a map was disappointing. I scaled it to 2x so it almost covered the entire map, and it worked perfectly in the editor, however in-game in didn't show. You can't see it in-game because it's out of the screen radius like Arhowk said, there has to be a unit having the center of the lava within its line of sight at all times for this to work. I'm really disappointed because I was really looking forward to using this.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now this is the true lava!

5. Snarbolax

Snarbolax

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm kinda new to editing, I was just wondering how to apply this to my Terrain Platelet (p.s. I'm editing an Pre-made map)

6. thorlar

thorlar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    5/5 Easiest lava implementation ever.

7. carcanosc

carcanosc

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to sustitute infestation ground with this. How can I do it???

8. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's not possible, sorry.

9. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Works great in-game! Thanks!

10. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Looks great in-game. Excellent job! Well done :)