• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Destination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, long time no see! Thought I drop this terrain art I did here. ^_^

final2.jpg

Level 10
nice surreal terrain!
the foreground could use some more love though, the trees sticking out from the rocks.
the stretched textures.

maybe some more small details there, although that might distract too much from the surreal background.. hmm

nice surreal terrain!
the foreground could use some more love though, the trees sticking out from the rocks.
the stretched textures.

maybe some more small details there, although that might distract too much from the surreal background.. hmm

I agree that those trees that are coming from the rocks look weird, I didn’t even think about that. As for the foreground I didn’t want to detail it a lot because it would draw more attention then nesecery.
Thanks for the replay. :)

Level 36
Lovely, although I really wish you'd spent a bit more time looking through the new doodads that's come around since last you were around. There are some really good ones that could have enhanced the overal graphical quality of this terrain.

That said, I love the idea, and I really like the eclipsed sun, the mystical tree of life thing going on and the floating boats. Very neat. The colour pallet is top notch, stark and vibrant, weird and mystical.

The only part of it I'm not a huge fan of is the waterfall in the middle, it seems odd that its halfway hidden behind the other floating island, and it ends rather abruptly. You can actually make a cool looking water to mist kind of transition by using the eerie fog doodad and flipping it around, then putting it in front of where the waterfall ends.

Anyway, this is a very nice comeback Oziris ^^

Lovely, although I really wish you'd spent a bit more time looking through the new doodads that's come around since last you were around. There are some really good ones that could have enhanced the overal graphical quality of this terrain.

That said, I love the idea, and I really like the eclipsed sun, the mystical tree of life thing going on and the floating boats. Very neat. The colour pallet is top notch, stark and vibrant, weird and mystical.

The only part of it I'm not a huge fan of is the waterfall in the middle, it seems odd that its halfway hidden behind the other floating island, and it ends rather abruptly. You can actually make a cool looking water to mist kind of transition by using the eerie fog doodad and flipping it around, then putting it in front of where the waterfall ends.

Anyway, this is a very nice comeback Oziris ^^

Thanks! The waterfall also felt weird to me, I was trying to hide it in the fog but It didn't turn out as I imagined, tip noted. I will also look around for the new doodads, the idea didn't even occur to me that there might be new models laying around. :D

And for my comeback, I was watching Warcraft 3 Reforged the other night and I automatically installed Warcraft because of the hype I felt at that moment. I feel like sticking around more then the last time I visited. ^^

Level 4
doesn't matter if getting more wait on current lobbies made me look here, it was worth the afk in-game. (edited to add: liking it)

Status
Not open for further replies.