• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Large map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there possible to get bigger maps than what the editor allows normaly?
I have a feeling that when i make a map, it feels alot smaller than those which are out for play.

Is this true or false? And if true = how?

Thanks in advance :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

256x256 is already large enough. Are you sure you can effectively fill the whole area if you use larger size? Just giving food for thought.

I totally agree, 256 x 256 is HUGE !!! But if u are sure you can fill it then keep it up ! :D

And here is the link to download JNGP, go ahead and click it, it allows a lot of more things :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/jassnewgenpack-5d-227445/

And heres how to configure and use it :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...6/how-download-install-configure-jngp-160547/

Level 23
can people already start not living in past and start linking, and preferably start using 2.0.7? It is a lot better, no RoC that would pop antivirus popups, Sharpcraft that actually doesnt, kloader, Cohadar's and Vexorian's JassHelpers both in one pack, campaign map compiler, possibility to add anything to external list of tools in the editor

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

can people already start not living in past and start linking, and preferably start using 2.0.7? It is a lot better, no RoC that would pop antivirus popups, Sharpcraft that actually doesnt, kloader, Cohadar's and Vexorian's JassHelpers both in one pack, campaign map compiler, possibility to add anything to external list of tools in the editor

Well....Everyone does know, :p

Level 2
I already have JNGP, i am sort of an old soul to WC3, just somethings i never took the time to learn.

Anyways, if i were to devout my time to making a proper maps, i'd like to know this. Not because map size matters, but if i for exsample fill out a 256 x256, i can't increase the map size even though i need space. if i pick the largest map, i can always add more content to where i may see it fit. Bare ground does not take up much file space anyways.

Edit: thanks for linking Jngp anyways, seems i had to fix somethings on it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You should be able to expand a 256*256 map as you need more space. If not then that is a bug with the modified editor. 480*480 is the largest you should ever use and even then you might run into some problems such as map size (terrain mesh data can exceed 1MB), and poor performance (too much happening).

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Show me some succesfull, completed projects that use 480x480 map size.

What do you mean with "completed"? Glideon uses 480x480 and it's "completed", even tho the map is not fully filled.

Starting a project with such big scale is ridiculous, as you can increase the size anytime, whenever you want to expand your project. Beside, it can unneededly increase map loading time, both in-game and editor, so... I don't recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.