1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Solved] 2 questions about map making

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Uncle Fester, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hi! As the title already suggests, I've got 2 questions about map making. After making icons too, i decided to expand my business once more, this time into map-making. So my questions are:
    1. is it possible to mix tilesets in one map (i.e. have in the same map Lordearon Summer and Lordaeron Winter)? If yes, how can i do that?
    2. is it possible to make somehow a map that's bigger than the maximum possible in World Editor (i.e. making a map that's 300x300 and exeeds the 256x256 from WE)?

Thx in advance!

2. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    1. Yes, it is possible to mix tiles in use. In World Editor, just go to Module> Modify Tilesets and there you can add tilesets, or maybe change the whole terrain's tilesets.

2. In WE, no but in other map making program, yes. But I do know there is a WE too that is up to 480x480.

3. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  4. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    thx to both of you! This was exactly the kind of info & explanation i was looking for! :goblin_good_job: