• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

4 questions about map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello again, this time my question will be about map. So I want to make a map then you choose a hero from "Hero Tavern" and same method as dota. Then heroes can build buildings but also use skills, attack and do all things who do a normal hero. From buildings you can train units same race as heroes, example: Naga Sea Witch- trains royal guards and all naga warriors. Then you can upgrade warriors and do they damage higher etc... I know that's maybe too simple but I really want to do that type of map.. So I have many questions, I will write them in numbers:

1.I'm creating a hero named Djin and I want that then he releases "Fire Strike" skill the fire would not be red but brown, something like a sand tornado. Is that possible?

2.How to make hero choose like dota? I know maybe its not difficult, but I searched and didn't found anything what I really need.

3.Then I make a hero that he trains heroes or build structures he don't move but set rally point, only then you push move. So maybe there is a way, trigger or something to fix that?

AND: is it possible and very hard to make that type of map? What do you think about map idea? Too simple?

Level 6
It would be VERY difficult for you to make what you just described.
You must learn too many stuff about mapmaking first.

I suggest you to try and make a simple mini game map.
Just to see how difficult it is.

And don't bother making anything that looks like dota or has anything to do with dota. Millions of people have made that kind of maps and they all suck.

If you want to play dota, go play dota. If you want to make maps you better have some original ideas of your own or you will just be wasting your time.

Level 5
for my opinion :
1. change the terrain and make the ground lower (Triggers) with many special effects
2. just put the hero in the tavern and create as many tavern name : Intelligent or Strength or Agility
3. I don't know what your talking about
4. I think your to beginner to make a map like this, like the upper post said

if your don't know step 2, your to beginner to make a map like this (answer number 4), like me 1 year ago.... (10 years old) good times.....

Level 2
Well I'm not a begginer In mapping, I know all the basics, I'm creating maps very long with my friend.

3. I don't really understand...

3. I don't know what your talking about

I'm not very good at english cuz of my country, but Ill try to explain it better, normally hero then you push right mouse button moves to the direction where you pushed, in my situation then I push right mouse button hero sets rally point, he moves only then I push move button and then push in to the direction where I want it to go... Hope I explained it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.