• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] 2 questions about map making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! As the title already suggests, I've got 2 questions about map making. After making icons too, i decided to expand my business once more, this time into map-making. So my questions are:
  1. is it possible to mix tilesets in one map (i.e. have in the same map Lordearon Summer and Lordaeron Winter)? If yes, how can i do that?
  2. is it possible to make somehow a map that's bigger than the maximum possible in World Editor (i.e. making a map that's 300x300 and exeeds the 256x256 from WE)?

Thx in advance!

Level 30
Hi! As the title already suggests, I've got 2 questions about map making. After making icons too, i decided to expand my business once more, this time into map-making. So my questions are:
  1. is it possible to mix tilesets in one map (i.e. have in the same map Lordearon Summer and Lordaeron Winter)? If yes, how can i do that?
  2. is it possible to make somehow a map that's bigger than the maximum possible in World Editor (i.e. making a map that's 300x300 and exeeds the 256x256 from WE)?

Thx in advance!

1. Yes, it is possible to mix tiles in use. In World Editor, just go to Module> Modify Tilesets and there you can add tilesets, or maybe change the whole terrain's tilesets.

2. In WE, no but in other map making program, yes. But I do know there is a WE too that is up to 480x480.

Status
Not open for further replies.