• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Questions about the world editor - Moving hero between maps in campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, Well I have 2 simple questions but I couldn't find the answer to them cause I don't know how to ask it right so ill explain.

1)Do you remember the Orc side campaign in TFT with the bear master, I was wondering how did he travel from 1 map to another, cause he had the main orc base where he got the quests from and some mini maps that he somehow got imported to and back once he done/began the quest.
so my question is how to make a hero travel through different maps if possible.

2)and my second question is how do I import a hero that is created from a trigger (because its an RPG map).

thank you for taking your time and reading this
-Alince

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1)Do you remember the Orc side campaign in TFT with the bear master, I was wondering how did he travel from 1 map to another, cause he had the main orc base where he got the quests from and some mini maps that he somehow got imported to and back once he done/began the quest.
Same way your hero was carried between maps of all the other campaigns. The only difference was it would only load a new map the first time you entered a region, other times it would load a save of the map. It saved the map when leaving a region before loading the other part.

You can see how the campaigns did this yourself. The idea is you use a gamecache to store the heroes since in singleplayer gamecaches can be restored in any map of a campaign.

This is not possible in multiplayer as gamecaches do not work and there is no way to force players to change map sucessfully.

2)and my second question is how do I import a hero that is created from a trigger (because its an RPG map).
Import where? What trigger? Please rephrase question.

Level 1
I mean I made a unit with a trigger, so he dosent appear on the map, and I wish to carry him to other maps in the campaing, how do I it if he dosent appear on the map because most triggers are spesific to a unit.

Level 12
I mean I made a unit with a trigger, so he dosent appear on the map, and I wish to carry him to other maps in the campaing, how do I it if he dosent appear on the map because most triggers are spesific to a unit.

• Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Set YourUnit = (Last created unit)
when they're asking you about specific unit, just set it to YourUnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.