• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lagging Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I'm making a new map, now I'm close to end it, but my problem is that last night I opened the map and tested it WITHOUT ANY EDIT, it become very very laggy suddenly with no reason, Before this test I tested it maybe the same day and everything was good. can any one help please I don't want to lose everything I have done.

Thank you all for your time.

Level 17
If you have a lot of triggers with a number of leaks. Specifically leaks within loops then you can get a lot of lag.

Also check for periodic triggers, how heavy they are and how many of them do you havre.

He says it worked fine not so long ago and he did not Edit...

BTW, Special Effects can cause lag too.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Have you tried running the map without the editor open? On old computer systems having both World Edit and Warcraft III open at the same time used up most available memory so could easily cause major performance problems due to page thrashing. This should not affect any new computers since they usually come with 4GB or more of memory but old systems with 512 MB or even 1GB will be prone to this problem.

If you are using a laptop it might have been running hot when you tested it. When they start to warm up the CPU often throttles clock speed down which negatively affects performance in a bad way (an I7 starts to act like a Pentium 3 as far as WC3 is concerned).

You could always get someone else to test the map to rule out problems with your computer.

Level 17
Have you tried running the map without the editor open? On old computer systems having both World Edit and Warcraft III open at the same time used up most available memory so could easily cause major performance problems due to page thrashing. This should not affect any new computers since they usually come with 4GB or more of memory but old systems with 512 MB or even 1GB will be prone to this problem.

If you are using a laptop it might have been running hot when you tested it. When they start to warm up the CPU often throttles clock speed down which negatively affects performance in a bad way (an I7 starts to act like a Pentium 3 as far as WC3 is concerned).

You could always get someone else to test the map to rule out problems with your computer.

Wow that's a Complete Explanation...
however im not a Pro, but Yeah, This.

Level 12
Actually I told you I didn't edit any thing and also I've copied the map and deleted all triggers and imports and nothing is fixed, also tried to run it without the editor also nothing is fixed and I have a new pc so nothing should go wrong. The annoying thing is that only this map became laggy since then, I already tested the map once more before I wrote this comment!

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Actually I told you I didn't edit any thing and also I've copied the map and deleted all triggers and imports and nothing is fixed, also tried to run it without the editor also nothing is fixed and I have a new pc so nothing should go wrong. The annoying thing is that only this map became laggy since then, I already tested the map once more before I wrote this comment!

The issue is obviously not related to your map then. If you are using laptop, try to switch battery usage mode from power saving to balanced.

The annoying thing is that only this map became laggy since then, I already tested the map once more before I wrote this comment!
Nvm, I didn't read the last line. May be try the map on other PC and see if it still lags or not.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How can that cause lag?
Many object editor abilities have valid entry ranges for some of their fields. A good example is setting "Shadow Strike" of the Warden hero to hit every 0 seconds. It will not crash (other abilities do) but instead it consumes a lot of processor time to the point the game becomes unplayable due to frame drop (slide show or "lag" as some people call it).

Status
Not open for further replies.