• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kultiras race

Kultiras race

Techtree- contest/14

Lore: Kultiras is a nation of tough men of devoted to service on the sea. They are great sailors in combat as well as the service for the right thing. Such as the destruction of green mongrels.

Credits:
JetFangInferno
Mythic
PrMosquito
Ujimasa Hojo
Stein123
Azazzello /XGM/
Hermit
The_legion
supertoinkz

Tranquil
Mr. Bob
General Frank
Mike
JessusHipster
Pyritle

Soul Theft
Hellx-Magnus
Blizzard entertainment
Paladon
Murlocologist
Eldin HawkWing
Mc !
The Panda
PriceYaser
Marcos DAB
The_Silent
Hemske
Null
Zaeden
Dell
Eggle xi
-Nightmare
Blood raven
Peekay
-Berz-
Darkfang
Halcion
Bisnar13
Inhuman89
4eNightmare
D.ee
Elenai
Cloudwolf
Deolrin

Version: 1,01
Kultiras royal guard now cost 4 food
Landship and skie arch now can attack building
Guardsmen now have less HP from 760-610
Hydromancer now have less mana
Tides mage ultimat ability: duration of spamming dragons from every 3 second is now 4 second
Kultiras knight now after his death spawn ghost form
Previews
Contents

Kultiras race (Map)

Level 4
I must admit the race is Awesome I really enjoyed it! @Asssssvi and @Xelos
so here is my review after playing about 3 times against 3 different races:

• Royale guard is too strong due to his insiration aura, so I suggest nerfing his hit points a little bit (also he is just a 3 food cost!?)
  • Srieark & landship doesn't hit buildings!!nonsense as they're siege troops.
  • Cannon tower isn't enough for being the only defensive building (It's a cool building though;))
  • Guards man should have less attack dmg or hitpoints since he has water prison and blood stroke(reminds me of Deathstroke:D) anyway.. he cost only 3 food making him strong enough, so nerfing his atk dmg is the way.
  • Hydro mancer is just a hero in his own with 600 mana, he cost only 2 food and he can cast not one but two water elements??! he is too powerful(I like his tactics actually)he need a rework in my opinion. also his water of life ability needs an improve to be more likely a useful spell( I think about something like a 3 def shield with a slow affect to melee units).
  • Tides mage's sea wraith is a very strong hero ability, to me it's like a war machine!! very cool but not balanced, its duration of spamming dragons should be every 4 or 5 seconds not 3 and make the duration of the spell itself stands for like 40 seconds or more.
Admiral's ghost ship ability is weak and doesn't affect the battle too much.

Eternal hate: WoW I respect the idea so much but don't like the name of it:D I think Eternal loyal or something like that should be better name.

hey, I really loved that dirty spying little bird (Albatross):grin:its so useful in many things actually.

Background music during playing is kinda familiar with the kul'tiras race and it's amazing.

Overall such a great work and hopefully someday this wonderful race finds its own campaign:thumbs_up: (4/5).

Level 17
thx for review, after contest ends i'll fix the errors. I have one question about background music.The music played only at the beginning or during your entire game. If its the second please tell my your game patch/version i use 1.26,

Level 4
thx for review, after contest ends i'll fix the errors. I have one question about background music.The music played only at the beginning or during your entire game. If its the second please tell my your game patch/version i use 1.26,
it works fine while playing at the beginning but after I save and then reloading the map it seems that the original background music of humans was mixed with yours, I used 1.28.5 btw

Level 25
Very nice race. I will use it as inspiration for my own map. I like the rally point icon and model as well as the music. The Eternal hate ability is great and also the land ship and air ship.

Some stuff:
  • 2 more heroes
  • 1 more mage unit in the Guild of tides like for Human race
  • Different type of towers
  • More air units. There is only one air unit type at the moment.
  • Why didn't you use more of the Kul Tiras models: Flibustier Kul-Tiras HD Ship's Doctor Kul-Tiras HD and Cannoneer Team Kul-Tiras HD/Age of Colonization
  • Hydromancer looks like Archmage even with hero glow. Just use the wc3 model for Hydromancers (neutral wizard).
  • The workers have no special ability except for Eternal hate. Most workers from races have something special like Sacrifice, Militia, Peon burrows, Wisp explosions ....
  • No lumber researches and only 10 lumber. This is a ship building nation right?
  • I think you should modify the melee map so you can reach everything via water even the main bases and add neutral shipyards as well as a special Kul Tiras shipyard. Without ships the race feels incomplete even if the AI will not buy ships they still can fight them in shallow water.
  • Maybe use some of these models: Kultiras Structures and Doodads
  • I thinks these buildings look much better: Kultiras Buildings especially the shop building looks out of place.
  • Balance wise I think some Auras might be a bit strong which reduce armor etc. but I am not good at balancing at all.
  • What about Ultimate Battle? It has no Kul Tiras race for comparison?
  • Upload all the icons and models from this map on Hive separately if it has not been done yet.