• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kul Tiras buildings Re-Reforged

KUL TIRAS BUILDINGS RE-REFORGED

Kul Tiras (also spelled as Kul'Tiras), is an island chain located in the Great Sea, west of the Eastern Kingdoms. The islands are home to the human nation of the same name, having originally been discovered and colonized by Gilnean sailors from the mainland Eastern Kingdoms.

This is a comprehensive bundle of the Human techtree buildings fit for the Kul Tiras subfaction. As it is intended to be a full replacement of a faction, icons have Dark Green TC. This is intended and not subject to change; however, feel free to edit the icons however you please if you want to use them in your maps. Kultirans do not have elven units nor a lot of dwarven units, so those buildings have been redesigned or deleted.

The list of buildings of this bundle is as follows:
- Kul Tiras Altar of Kings
- Kul Tiras Arcane Sanctum
Reworked from scratch, trains custom units as well.
- Kul Tiras Barracks
- Kul Tiras Blacksmith
- Kul Tiras Farm
It uses the optimised farm model.
- Kul Tiras Guard Tower
Only the guard tower is provided, scout and cannon towers did not need any changes.
- Kul Tiras Keep
- Kul Tiras Lumbermill
Reworked using Northridge Lumbermill as a base
- Kul Tiras Town Hall

Missing buildings:
- Kul Tiras Castle
Planned, but for the far future (Rexxar campaign).
- Workshop, Gryphon Aviary, Arcane Vault and Arcane tower:
Use the regular models or another custom model that fits your map. Buildings are not planned in the foreseeable future, so don't expect them anytime soon.
These model have been developed by myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. When using these models, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's project as well.

INSTALLATION
Several models use shared textures, like the farm's roof, the octopus crest, the barracks' roof, or the kultiran flag (for the sake of optimising space).

To import Kul Tiras Altar of Kings model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranAltar.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranAltar_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranAltar_diffuse.dds, KulTiranAltar_orm.dds, KulTiranAltar_weapon_diffuse.dds, KulTiranAltar_weapon_ORM.dds, octopuscrest_diffuse.dds, octopuscrest_orm.dds, kultiranflag_diffuse.dds, kultiranflag_orm.dds.
To import Kul Tiras Arcane Sanctum model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranArcanesanctum.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranArcanesanctum_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranArcanesanctum.dds, KulTiranArcanesanctum_octopus.dds
To import Kul Tiras Barracks model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranBarracks.mdx
  • Import the .mdx death event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranBarracksdeath.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranBarracks_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranbarracks_orm.dds, KulTiranbarracks_diffuse.dds, octopuscrest_diffuse.dds, octopuscrest_orm.dds, kultiranflag_diffuse.dds, kultiranflag_orm.dds.
To import Kul Tiras Blacksmith model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranBlacksmith.mdx
  • Import the .mdx death event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranBlacksmithdeath.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx birth event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: KulTiranBlacksmithbirth.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranBlacksmith_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTirasFootman_Shield_Diffuse.dds, KulTirasFootman_Shield_ORM.dds, KulTirasFootman_Shield_Normal.dds, kultiran_townhall_diffuse.dds, kultiran_townhall_ORM.dds
To import Kul Tiras Farm model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiranfarm.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiranfarm_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiranfarm.dds, kultiranfarm_ORM.dds.
To import Kul Tiras Guard Tower model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_guardtower.mdx
  • Import the .mdx death event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_guardtowerdeath.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx birth event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_guardtowerbirth.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiran_guardtower_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiranfarm.dds, kultiranfarm_ORM.dds.
To import Kul Tiras Keep model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_keep.mdx
  • Import the .mdx death event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_keepdeath.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx birth event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_keepbirth.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiran_keep_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: KulTiranbarracks_orm.dds, KulTiranbarracks_diffuse.dds, octopuscrest_diffuse.dds, octopuscrest_orm.dds, kultiranflag_diffuse.dds, kultiranflag_orm.dds, kultiran_townhall_diffuse.dds, kultiran_townhall_ORM.dds
To import Kul Tiras Lumbermill model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_lumbermill.mdx
  • Import the .mdx birth event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_lumbermillbirth.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiran_lumbermill_portrait.mdx
To import Kul Tiras Town Hall model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_townhall.mdx
  • Import the .mdx death event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_townhalldeath.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx birth event file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultiran_townhallbirth.mdx (do not edit this path unless you edit the main .mdx in RMS)
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiran_townhall_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultiranflag_diffuse.dds, kultiranflag_orm.dds, kultiran_townhall_diffuse.dds, kultiran_townhall_ORM.dds.
Previews
Contents

Kultiran Altar (Model)

Kultiran Altar Icon (Icon)

Kultiran Altar Portrait (Model)

Kultiran Arcan Sanctum (Model)

Kultiran Arcane Sanctum Portrait (Model)

Kultiran Barracks (Model)

Kultiran Barracks Death (Model)

Kultiran Barracks Icon (Icon)

Kultiran Barracks Portrait (Model)

Kultiran blacksmith (Model)

Kultiran Blacksmith Birth (Model)

Kultiran Blacksmith Death (Model)

Kultiran Blacksmith Portrait (Model)

KulTiran farm (Model)

Kultiran farm icons (Icon)

Kultiran Farm Portrait (Model)

Kultiran Keep (Model)

Kultiran keep Birth (Model)

Kultiran Keep Death (Model)

Kultiran Keep Portrait (Model)

Kultiran Lumbermill (Model)

Kultiran Lumbermill Birth (Model)

Kultiran Lumbermill Portrait (Model)

Kultiran tower (Model)

Kultiran tower birth (Model)

Kultiran tower death (Model)

Kultiran tower portrait (Model)

Kultiran Town Hall (Model)

Kultiran Town Hall Birth (Model)

Kultiran Town Hall Death (Model)

Kultiran Town Hall Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works fine with some issues, however they should be minimal and doesn't impact the gameplay. APPROVED. For HIGH QUALITY: the Blacksmith's birth model doesn't seem to be properly matching with the model proper, and the Lumbermill's birth model...
Level 8
This looks really awesome. It adds to the Variety of the Kul'tiran Human Nation. I hope to see the Town Hall/Keep/Castle Version of Kul'tirans as well as the Altar from the Stormsong valley zone with the Tide Sages and Priests, Barracks, Lumber Mill, Blacksmith, Naval Docks, Towers of Kul'tiras, Sea Priest Temple, and etc.

Great start so far for Warcraft 3 Reforged Models.

Level 16
This is Great Stuff! So far the Kul'tiras Nation is complete. Unless if there's more or is that it?
From the description at the top:
Missing buildings:
- Kul Tiras Castle
Planned, but for the far future (Rexxar campaign).
- Workshop, Gryphon Aviary, Arcane Vault and Arcane tower:
Use the regular models or another custom model that fits your map. Buildings are not planned in the foreseeable future, so don't expect them anytime soon.

Level 5
Yeah, Dalaran is already being made (and the buildings are gonna look better than these imo)
Speaking of Dalaran, I hope you took the opportunity to correct their magical Guard Towers as well as the Quel'Thalas ones, they all looked good on their icons but of course, their models ended up being completely botched by Blizzard to the point of not looking like their icons at all.

======
Also, about the Kul'Tiras buildings, I was wondering, why do their models have Birth and Death animations and how come they are not integrated directly into the models? :huh:

Also, about the Kul'Tiras buildings, I was wondering, why do their models have Birth and Death animations and how come they are not integrated directly into the models? :huh:
Because birth, standard and death models have different bones for some reason. I usually start with the death anim if the stand anim model barely moves

Level 2
Please guys, tell me what have I done wrong...Why problem with textures, I was doing everything according to installation, imported it. But I noticed also that this pack does not have a Guard Tower as it should. Thank you for response I absolutely love Kul Tiras.
why.png

Please guys, tell me what have I done wrong...Why problem with textures, I was doing everything according to installation, imported it. But I noticed also that this pack does not have a Guard Tower as it should. Thank you for response I absolutely love Kul Tiras.
Can you share a pic of your import tab?

I forgot about the guard tower, tbh

Level 2
Can you share a pic of your import tab?

I forgot about the guard tower, tbh
Yea, the texture path, at Classic Warcraft 3 it was easy, but here I cant change it??? I click and nothing happens. Searched for advise but didnt find solution so I ask.

Attachments

• this.png
    this.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 13
Level 2
For some reason the buildings corrupt my maps. When I use them I do get a mild error when using the Arcane Sanctum saying something about the Naga effects not properly being displayed or something. Besides that I tested it and every time I import and spawn the building my maps corrupt and I can no longer launch them in the World Editor. The maps do still play and function properly outside the Editor though.

If possible can we get the guard tower soon? I would like to use it for a campaign I am doing.

Last edited:
For some reason the buildings corrupt my maps. When I use them I do get a mild error when using the Arcane Sanctum saying something about the Naga effects not properly being displayed or something. Besides that I tested it and every time I import and spawn the building my maps corrupt and I can no longer launch them in the World Editor. The maps do still play and function properly outside the Editor though.

If possible can we get the guard tower soon? I would like to use it for a campaign I am doing.
Effects not being displayed happens with most buildings after Blizzard screwed something up in 1.33. You can try saving the map as a folder (you are given that option in World Editor).

I'll upload the guard tower asap.

Edit: Updated

Level 21
Really nice models for the Kul Tiras Faction and with it added with the WoW Battle for Azeroth expansion they also added the main four houses.

House Proudmoore the one we know, House Waycrest which was added during it and they were a family related to Drustvar that you did a questline for...
House Stormsong in which the ships are made and blessed at Stormsong Valley by the Tidesages, and finally the House Ashvane...

So yeah and it gives out more different colors too for the Kul Tiras Faction;

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Works fine with some issues, however they should be minimal and doesn't impact the gameplay. APPROVED.

For HIGH QUALITY: the Blacksmith's birth model doesn't seem to be properly matching with the model proper, and the Lumbermill's birth model coordinates isn't aligned with the model proper. Please address those issues

Level 2
The Majority of these models do not load at all in 1.32 world editor, i can confirm the locations are imported properlly, as the barracks works fine, non of the other models however will load.

There are also odd things occuring, like Lumbermill portraits is a usable working model, but the main lumbermill model wont load.

While not relavant to this thread, i have the same issues with Mariner,Hydromancer,Peasnt and Militia Kultiras, whereas the CSW unit pack works fine.

Edit: Can confirm those models i had trouble with are jsut caused by an old map editor, disregard.

Last edited: