• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Korea at War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In the light of recent events, i must ask if someone here Lives in Korea and can Tell what is happening NOW?
What korean mass media is telling? Does N. Korea really have working nuclear rockets!? What about South?

the history really shows something: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea#Foreign_relations ..... North denies his fault in destroying South Korean warship Cheonan, and then 23 of nov, strikes the island of South Korea with 80-200 shells. What is next
North Korea has the fifth-largest army in the world

Level 17
You know it really makes me wonder, North Korea is "meant" to be poor/third-world country, yet they have nuclear weapons..
Why don't they sell them so their people can have a happy life? We could use those guys as engineers! :p

Level 12
NK has a large army but there weapons and vehicles are outdated, especially there air force fighters. IMHO the only reason SK and USA don't bomb there stupid assess is of fear that china with intervene with that maybe Russia joins in and finally Europe gets involved, and here we have our-selfs a ww3.

Level 6
True true. Also Granny Vanga didn't mention that WW3 will be only with nukes... so if there is WW4 that will be cave age, that means we are going to back 100.000 years back or further...

Level 15
Same goes for Iran.

I doubt it

Unless the power of the government is seriously threatened by a foreign power through military means, and even then it would be the government's decision and not he people's.

At this point in time Iran will likely slowly but surely move towards the social and political norms set by democratic states and their government will reform. I doubt there will be a revolution, but i'm sure there will eventually be protests and marches.

Level 25
The way I see it:
1-US sticking it's nose everywhere/Israel causing shit
2-North Korea under China
3-Lebanon will soon get the awaited verdict (watch the world news) and a war or civil war may occur + under Iran
happy 2012.
4-Turkey is not amused with Israel
Happy 2012

Level 19
NK has a large army but there weapons and vehicles are outdated, especially there air force fighters. IMHO the only reason SK and USA don't bomb there stupid assess is of fear that china with intervene with that maybe Russia joins in and finally Europe gets involved, and here we have our-selfs a ww3.

... what? Yes, let's forget that bombing N-Korea would cause millions of casualties. Besides, why the hell would Russia join in? It's not profitable for them -- at all. China joining in has a better chance but it would ruin their economy.

Level 12
... what? Yes, let's forget that bombing N-Korea would cause millions of casualties. Besides, why the hell would Russia join in? It's not profitable for them -- at all. China joining in has a better chance but it would ruin their economy.

When I said "bomb" I didn't mean actually sending bombers to NK to bomb there cities, NK is overconfident in there fighting capabilities because they have allies.

Level 24
This is the preductions of Granny Vanga ut's bulgarian blind woman this are the predictions.
CLICK
Djeeez let's talk about UFO's while we're at it.

On a serious note, why do so many people believe there will be a coming World War or this 2012? Seriously, be reasonable, we've have all seen the consequences of the previous world wars and nobody would ever want another. Even if the tension between several countries are high, nobody would dare to make the first step. Even North-Korea is carefull for example, the recent attack were just within reasonable limits to be accepted.

Level 6
Holy shit. I hope that doesn't means WW3\2012.

2012 is not, definably, the end of the world. It's the end of this cycle of the Mayan calendar which does not end, it's cyclical and in much the same way that October happens once a year all of these events have happened before (5125 years ago) and all will happen again (5125 years from now), according to the Mayans. So unless you think that North Korea blew everybody up 5125 years ago you have to stop taking that calendar so literally. It's not that exact, these predictions are vague at best (who knows, I could be wrong and 5125 years ago I posted this message on this very forum and was proven wrong 2 years later when North Korea did, in fact, blow up the world and all of recorded history was prefabbed for us to argue about (Woah! Sci-Fi!)). It MIGHT be a war and it might ALSO be a cure for cancer. Then again maybe we just have a huge ass new years celebration type party. Get drunk. Have fun. If the Mayan gods think we deserve another round we get another 5125 years to dick around and fight with each other over religion and political views.

See if I wanted to freak you out I'd say some crazy stuff like 2012 AD minus 5125 equals 3113 BC which was, arguably, around the time that the bible claims the earth was flooded with the sole survivors being 8 people who thought "lets make a boat!". I won't do that...that would cause panic. Besides God was all bummed out when he did that and he was like "Yo, sorry 'bout that, I was a little angry at the time and, you know, might have overreacted a bit...so...y'know...carry on".

At any rate...what I'm trying to say is North Korea is to blame for the flood. That's what the Mayans and the Bible say. Those bastards!

In the light of recent events, i must ask if someone here Lives in Korea and can Tell what is happening NOW?
What korean mass media is telling? Does N. Korea really have working nuclear rockets!? What about South?

In all seriousness, I see what your trying to do and I really appreciate it in the spirit that it was intended.

I would not presume to know how many South Koreans explore English speaking sites but some immigrants may keep in touch with their families. It's pretty unlikely, as was stated, that you will hear from any North Koreans.

Ehh, North Koreans can't use internet. because their dictator is dumbass, this is my opinion.
And maybe South Koreans have their own forum where they no-life Blizzard's games..

Besides, South Koreans all play Starcraft 2, I have tasted the back of their hands on many occasions. Seriously, do they learn it in college? Is there a Srarcraft 101?

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey guys....Are you stocking up in there???
Lol...Better prepare than this.
This is Madness...
North Korea is a poor country but has a nuclear weapon? Oh geez, it is better not to use it on offensive cause it will cause a lot of trouble on environment.

=Warcraft III: Lobby Room=
On Team 1

South Korea Defenders
Player 1 = South Korea
Player 2 = US
Player 3 = Closed
Player 4 = Closed
Player 5 = Closed
Player 5 = Computer (Normal)

North Korea
Player 7 = North Korea
Player 8 = Open
Player 9 = Closed
Player 10 = Closed
Player 11 = Closed
Player 12 = Computer (Normal)

Level 4
Bush was right. Hell to sovereign rights, hell to North Korea, hell to Commies.

We need the bomb the hell outta em sons of no good pieces of dirt. Get em off our backs once and for all. Dont see no clear reason why we shouldnt.

Level 14
Korea has been in a civil war since about 1950... (60 years).
The armistice signed in '53 was not a peace treaty, just a cease-fire.

//\\==//\\

Edit:

We need the bomb the hell outta em sons of no good pieces of dirt. Get em off our backs once and for all. Dont see no clear reason why we shouldnt.

This attitude is why most countries don't like the US...

... and why many Americans don't like it either...

Level 6

How very...American of you.

Turning N.Korea into a glass bowl seems, to some people a tad on the War Crime level, what with the body parts and dead babies all tossed around in a steaming radioactive wasteland. Have you seen any documentaries on Hiroshima? That stuff is messed up. If you are comfortable unleashing that kind of hell on a populous simply because the one dude in control of the country is a psychopath I'm not sure you're right in the head.

This attitude is why most countries don't like the US...

... and why many Americans don't like it either...

Amen. I wish I could rep you twice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, uh.. [rainbow]DOUBLE RAINBOW[/rainbow]?

I just want to point out what's already been said once more: Korea has been at war for half a century, they can probably keep going for another half.
More over, the South has the US on their side, ie one reckless nation with too much fire-power, and the North has China on their side. Nobody wants a war between China and Uncle Sam, because it'd inevitably involve the whole world (or at least most of it), ie World War III.

They're going to keep on fighting, the Middle-East is going to keep on fighting, Africa is going to keep on fighting, and the rest of the world is going to continue fucking it all up, arguing it's for the better. That's the way it's been for a while now, and I don't see why it'd all just overflow for no particular reason.

One could also argue that we are, in fact, in World War III right now, because pretty much every nation of the world is involved in some kind of warfare. We're just not fighting on our own soil.

None of the countries mentioned above is going to cause a World War III or an Armageddon situation, someone or something else would have to trigger it.

HAPPY THOUGHTS!

Level 17
Korea has been at war for more than half a century, as mentioned earlier, but I don't believe that what has recently happened will trigger something massive such as World War III. North Korea is seeing how far they can go with South Korea without all-out war. They're testing their boundaries.

And to clarify about World War III, doing so would be stupid and reckless. The Great Depression was bolstered by World War II, and a third world war would just do the reverse. The global economy is in too much of a fragile state to engage in such severities, and I doubt countries like China would really want an economic collapse. World War III would most likely be the result of another dictator in a poorly treated country/countries.

Level 19
Yeah, uh.. [rainbow]DOUBLE RAINBOW[/rainbow]?
I just want to point out what's already been said once more: Korea has been at war for half a century, they can probably keep going for another half.
More over, the South has the US on their side, ie one reckless nation with too much fire-power, and the North has China on their side. Nobody wants a war between China and Uncle Sam, because it'd inevitably involve the whole world (or at least most of it), ie World War III.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/29/wikileaks-cables-china-reunified-korea

I wouldn't be so sure about China.

Level 4
How very...American of you.

Turning N.Korea into a glass bowl seems, to some people a tad on the War Crime level, what with the body parts and dead babies all tossed around in a steaming radioactive wasteland. Have you seen any documentaries on Hiroshima? That stuff is messed up. If you are comfortable unleashing that kind of hell on a populous simply because the one dude in control of the country is a psychopath I'm not sure you're right in the head.

Watch the words, I do know what Im talkin about. North Korea is thought to have, or at least developing the weapons of mass destruction. Now this isnt Bush's half-ass-excuse-for-attacking-iraq kind of thing, that's a real 101. If they have no problem bombing us, why should we of bombing them. Better them than us buddy.

Level 17
Weapons of mass destruction? I'm pretty sure a lot of the big countries of the world are developing them, too.

Level 17
Prior to Warcraft 3, human and orc were constantly fighting. This is the same with the world today.
If people don't get a cool head anytime soon, y'all gonna make me lose my mind up in here.

Watch the words, I do know what Im talkin about. North Korea is thought to have, or at least developing the weapons of mass destruction. Now this isnt Bush's half-ass-excuse-for-attacking-iraq kind of thing, that's a real 101. If they have no problem bombing us, why should we of bombing them. Better them than us buddy.

Bombing who??Cmon, their two taper dongs would hardly hit anything, even in near countries, that bombing was more a result of missing training targets lol

Level 14
Wow, not MORE of this "weapons of mass destruction" bullshit...

It's already caused the illeagal invasion and occupation of two sovereign nations in a region where a sneeze can obliterate any sense of 'peace and calm'...

Did anyone like the leaders of either country? No.
Did the US have the right to overthrow those two countries, who may not like us, but hadn't even the means of throwing a rock at us? No.

A terrorist group, not a country, assaulted the US. The military is for dealing with countries. The only reason the moron (governor bush) and Cheney weren't put on trial for war crimes is because they're from one of the only countries that actually have weapons of mass destruction.

You'd think the US would recognize a fight it can't win. It's "war on terrorism" will be as successful as Britain's attempt to reclaim the colonies. These terrorists are using most of the same strategies used by the US during the revolution. It's a little thing called guerrilla warfare. It's best used for situations where you can't survive a frontal asssault on an enemy.

The WW3 scenario will rise if individuals, such as Jughead, are given access to the "make big boom" button.

//\\oo//\\

Level 6

"North Korea is thought to have, or at least developing the weapons"? Thought to. By your own words an assumption. So you want to bomb a land mass full of people who's lives already suck over an assumption? Are you sick?

Say you want to send in a team of assassins that will surgically remove him from the country, at least that's an intelligent goal. Don't tell me mass murder, or the genocide of an entire people over an assumption is something you should do just because he would. That's an appalling thing to say.

May haps you should "Watch the words".

You'd think the US would recognize a fight it can't win. It's "war on terrorism" will be as successful as Britain's attempt to reclaim the colonies. These terrorists are using most of the same strategies used by the US during the revolution. It's a little thing called guerrilla warfare. It's best used for situations where you can't survive a frontal asssault on an enemy.

Let's not forget the war on drugs.

Last edited:
Level 35
China has no longer any benefits for supporting North Korea. The only one who has anything from it, it's US to keep their forces in South Korea and Japan.

And this is just a provocation, nothing will happen bbq

China is supporting North Korea because it serves as a buffer zone to the US troops in South Korea. China is trying to avoid the "enemy at the door step" and if either China pressed North Korea to dismantle its nuclear arsenal or if North Korea collapsed, North Korean refugees would flood over the Chinese border, leading to the loss of the buffer zone between China and the American forces in South Korea. No country would willingly invite foreign military presence within such close proximity.

In February of this year the American Consulate in Shenyang reported rumors that Kim Jong-un “had a hand” in the decision to revalue the North’s currency, which wiped out the scarce savings of most North Koreans and created such an outcry that one official was executed for his role in the sudden financial shift. There have also been secondhand reports of palace intrigue in the North, with other members of the Kim family preparing to serve as regents to Kim Jong-un — or to unseat him after Kim Jong-il’s death. Thus, it may be possible that North Korea will collapse under Kim Jong-un.

Wu Dabei, Beijing's representative in multination talks with North Korea, "opined that the rapid pace of provocative actions in North Korea was due to Kim Jong-il’s declining health and might be part of a gambit under which Kim Jong-il would escalate tensions with the United States so that his successor, presumably Kim Jong-un, could then step in and ease those tensions.” (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/world/asia/30korea.html?pagewanted=2&ref=asia). These provocative actions might pave the road for Kim Jung-un's rule but another important motive behind them is for attention. In April 2009, just before a North Korean nuclear test, He Yafei, the Chinese vice foreign minister, told American officials at a lunch that the country wanted direct talks with the United States and to get them was acting like a "spoiled child" to get the attention of the "adult." China has been ambivalent with the North Korean antics so food shipment has been delayed. With a country starving in a famine, they are desperate.

What does this mean for us? There's a lot more political consequences involved than what we see in the news. Everyone's ankles are tied to another one's hands. Making one move has a wider effect so I doubt any country would be foolish enough to engage in a "World War III."

Last edited:
Level 3
Did you hear that China might turn there back on North Korea?

They want Korea to unite under USA control as long as they aren't hostile to China, but I think this would help China even more with trades.

Level 35
Did you hear that China might turn there back on North Korea?

They want Korea to unite under USA control as long as they aren't hostile to China, but I think this would help China even more with trades.

South Korea is already trying to entice China with trade opportunities in the event that Korea does unite but China is hesitant about having Western presence so close by.

Level 35
Indeed it is odd but let's consider this: "while it is globally fashionable to view today's China through an economic lens, it is geopolitics, not economics, that lies behind Beijing's continued support of North Korea: The strategic position of the peninsula has not changed for millennia. Korea has always been a dagger into Russia, and an invasion and penetration route between Japan and China," said Kim Byung-ki, a security expert at Korea University. "This is why China has always had this important interest in the peninsula" (http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-26/...-china-s-people-s-liberation-army?_s=PM:WORLD).

Although China may be shifting towards capitalistic economic practices, it wants to maintain its position as an emerging global, albeit communist, superpower. Thus, China cannot have U.S.-style democracy operating on its border country North Korea. In Chinese culture, pride is paramount so it cannot lose face to other government styles such as democracy.

Also, China might already be prepared for a collapse of North Korean. Korean historian Lim Jie-hyun suggests that "the Chinese government is fostering an alternative political group who could take over power immediately if there was a collapse of North Korea." Bob Broadfoot, head of Hong Kong's Political and Economic Risk Consultancy, agreed with Lim and said, "I can see scenarios where the regime is toppled, but I think that any succession in North Korea will involve people China has a relationship with. I don't see insider groups emerging in North Korea who are enemies of China and friends of the United States."

Level 6
And just exactly,why should the amereicans have control in the area?

They should not. I don't think they do. I was simply pointing out the irony of the situation.

I wouldn't want the US anywhere near my country either. Unfortunately we share a border. It's like sitting next to the kid in science class who copies of your tests and farts all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.