1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Kodo Tag - Crystal Wars 7.62

Submitted by Reed07
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Well, many people have hacked this and made their own versions. I am the offical maker.
Every time I make a version I feel comfortable with I will upload it here.

The object is to kill all the kodos. This is not like normal kodo tag! Instead of mining gold, there are crystals all through the map that have a monitary value. You may sell them at shops that are located around the map for money. There are many upgradable towers and units you may buy. The levels have many chalanges including mini kodos, long ranged kodos (up to 1000 range), flying kodos, and kodos that can kill the usually invulnerable walls.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!! tell me if you see any errors!

Keywords:
kodo, tag, kodo tag, game, map, Reed, Reed07, crystal, crystal wars, war, wars, kodo tag crystal wars, war, wars, cool,
Contents

Kodo Tag - Crystal Wars 7.62 (Map)

Reviews
13:47, 4th Jul 2008 Firelord213: The map breaks no map rules. The map is protected but there's a ''opt-'' in the map name and that means that the map is protected. The only advice I could give is too make the map easier and fix the spawn...
  1. 13:47, 4th Jul 2008
    Firelord213:
    The map breaks no map rules.
    The map is protected but there's a ''opt-'' in the map name and that means that the map is protected.

The only advice I could give is too make the map easier and fix the spawn crystal trigger because they spawn at sea.

2. JansiGX

JansiGX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even if you say that you are official maker of this map it looks more hacked that any other ver I played on battle-net. It's made a lot easier than usual vers I seen.

3. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -I know I put my name like all over it but how does this look hacked?
    -whats wrong with crystals in the water? it gives a chance that all crystals arent obtainable and helps balance it. I might still change it in the next version.
    -This deffinately isn't hard. It says that this was approved by firelord. If you just play this game a few times you can see that it is closer to too easy rather than too hard. If you put all your money into mines in the beggining and make lots of good towers then you can easly not die.

Cool features:
    -a detinate system that allows for buildings to be destroyed, turned into item form, and (either sold or) rebuilt at another place.
    -camera options: cam0 cam1 cam2 cam3
    that change the view of the camera.
    -levels are both kill dictated and time dictated. If you kill a lot of kodos then levels come sooner. If you don't kill them, then after a certain amount of time, the next level comes.
    -Many helpful quests (F9) that help you get imformation if you are a noob.
    -Many ways to get gold including a chest of gold, lots of upgradable mines (that give gold every second), selling crystals, and killing kodos.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  4. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    its really easy. I finished this version at first try.

5. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I realize that for some people this can be very easy. But still for others(*noobs*) this can still be very chalanging. I dont want to include a popup that gives options for difficulty. Sometimes there are both of these types of people in a game and a very easy match or very hard match might be bad for one or the other. Do you have any suggestions on how to balance between these types of people? Still so, I will make it a little harder in the next version.

**I have seen people quit because it is too easy and people quit because it is too hard and they die over and over again.

6. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes I dont like difficulty options too. cos players win the map on very easy mod and than they stop trying harder mods.
    the next level comes when u kill all the kodos (if I am wright) so I think really wide range of people can play it... harder lvls pretty good idea or + new lvl which really hard:D

7. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am working on a new version. just a few changes include:
    -kodos are stronger
    -levels come faster
    -kodos dont croud(as easly)
    -new ai
    -no crystals in the water!
    -less memory leaks
    and many more!

8. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello. I have updated my map. All the changes above are in place. Please help to test the new ai i am now using.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the ai (that are actually useful), then please reply.

btw: the levels come both when a certain number of kodos are left (not 0) and/or after a certain time has passed.---Read the Levels quest (F9) and it will tell you how long until each level begins. Also, you can tell the elasped game time by typing -time.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  9. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have made a new version. I haven't tested it yet, but there shouldn't be any errors.

The main differences are that I got rid of like every single memory leak (v. 7.54b).
    The process of getting rid of memory leaks can cause some errors so if there are any, please post them and I will fix them.

Thank you for waiting.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  10. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    sup reed...i remember one time i hosted this game, or another version and i remember you joined randomly lol

11. EmawWyvern

EmawWyvern

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude this maps way too easy. o_o

12. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -Yeah I like when people host it so sometimes i join their game and let them dl the newest version.

-too easy? I have only been in 1 winning game that I hadn't helped in.
    (of these new versions)....
    I try to sometimes stay out of games and watch others play. This allows me to see how hard it is for others so i know how to balance the game.
    Even so, sometimes people aren't noobs and this can still be a little easy.

ps: I <3 ur animations pyropk95....how can i dl them?

OMG---u guys game me a 3? :/ .... please rate my game....better....

13. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    google reed...google is your friend for that

14. EmawWyvern

EmawWyvern

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate to be rude, but not everyone LIKES this some people (like me) think it sucks, so I gave it a 1, theres no rule against that

15. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    what a nice guy..

16. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol...I was just kiddin. Why don't you like this?

a 1 is "unexceptable." :/ ... If people can "except it" then shouldn't it be at least a 2?

17. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also, I have been working on a new version. I will test it in pub games and if there are no errors than i will put it on this site.

New things: (coming soon in version 7.55)

- Red may now type -resetnames to counter the -setname function.
    - The ai is a little different.
    - The final boss comes 100 seconds later than the last version.
    - The function -time will now give you the elasped time and the time until the next level.

:thumbs_up:

18. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    make the game harder...cuz ive played this like 4 times...and won...4 times TITAN FTW

19. Reed07

Reed07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmmm....should i just tone down the titan?????? make his ult at level 30 and spirit ult at lvl 25?????????????