• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kixer's Spell Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Holy water

Spell Name: Holy Water
by Kixer
Spell type: Not sure but I want it to be an item effect consumable that targets another unit.
Description: A small splash of water from a blessed fountain (night elf moon well) that hits the target unit/hero in the face. The water is collected from the fountain using the empty vial.
Damage effects: (the tricky parts) Can heal up to 5 hp on target human/elf/orc unit or hero. Deals 100 inital damage to Undead & Naga + prolonged healing damage buff for 25 damage/second for 10 seconds.
Small area effect dispels blight and dispells fire and burning damage for 5 seconds.
Can be negated by using dispel magic.

I don't know this might require more coding just for the moon well to work?

That one's actually quite easy.

You basically have a region around every moon well you have.
  • Moonwell Fill-up
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit uses an item
    • Conditions
      • Item type of (Item being manipulated) = Empty Vial
    • Actions
      • If Then Else (Multiple Actions)
        • If
          • Or (multiple conditions)
            • (Hero Manipulating item is in Rect 1) equal to true
            • (Hero manipulating item is in Rect 2) equal to true
            • Etc...
        • Then
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
          • Hero - Create 1 Filled Vial and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else
          • Game - Display message (You must be near a moonwell to use that item!)
And then you also have
  • Full Vial Use
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the affect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has item of type Full Vial) = True
      • (Ability being cast = Full Vial Attack Ability
    • Actions
      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (triggering unit) of type Full Vial) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (triggering unit) of type Full Vial))) - 1)
      • If then else
        • If
          • Or (multiple)
            • (Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) = Footman
            • (Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) = Rifleman
            • (Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) = Knight
            • ... You get the idea ...
        • Then
          • Unit - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) life to ((Current life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + 5)
        • Else
          • If then else
            • If
              • Or (multiple)
                • (Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) = Murg'ul Slave
                • (Unit type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) = Naga dude
                • ... Etc ...
            • Then
              • Unit - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) life to ((Current life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 100)
            • Else
It's a start, but it doesn't do the added stuff you wanted it to, such as dispel blight and fire effects, or the heal-over-time, or the negation by dispel magic. I think those parts should be in JASS.

Level 9
Your request has not been ignored Funky,
I have already started on it but I am seriously over worked and a tad bit lazy so its taking a while.
Thank you for using quotations though, they would have saved me time if it had been ignored.
SilverSong,
wow thats quite a request. Ive added it to the list.

Level 9
Ok frankie11's Create Potion has been updated, hopefully its what you wanted now.

I am currently working on FunkyDude44's request and STARS-ZombE's requests but they are going to take time as I am currently writing exams and I have very little time on my hands.

Level 9
Its a pleasure,
just remember this. You cant just make 2 copies of a JASS trigger, because then the function names clash ( like trigger names ).
Oh and you don't need to have enough rep for your's to count to +Rep someone, rep is a way of saying thank you or well done, even if it doesnt count people will know you appreciate them.
Good luck with your project frankie.
FunkyDude44 your spell is finished and will be uploaded asap.

Level 9
Yes,

Thank you for reminding me about that, I am now taking 3 more requests ( I appologise for this method of request control, its simply so that request arnt spammed).

Level 7
I believe you forgot mine, it should be next in line I believe.
Dil999 on page 2 said:
Heres one I've wanted for awhile but lack the skill.
Basically it acts like chain lightning but with one difference. If it can find no targets in range then it will bounce around on the ground (staying generally near the caster, like a locust would) until it finds a target, where it will continue bouncing. it will need the option to change how many bounces it must make before it can hit a unit twice (As in if it hits a unit, it has to bounce X more times before that unit becomes a viable target). It also needs to be able to change the distance between bounces, damage, damage reduction after each bounce, number of bounces (counting ground bounces),and damage. Heh...

Okay Kixer, one more for you!

The spell is called fear, and if you've ever played wow it works just like the Fear spell warlocks have.
  • It is an instant-cast, no-target spell
  • What it does is fear nearby enemy units into running around randomly.
  • I already have a sort of idea how this would work, as you could order each unit to move to a random point, and then wait and make it run to another random point, etc.
  • The problem is detecting if a unit gets stunned or has a certain amount of damage done to it then it will become unfeared.
  • Another problem is making it so it has 5 levels: at level 1 it affects 1 unit only and lasts for 10 secs and can have 100 damage done to it before it becomes unfeared, at level 2 it affects 2 units and lasts for 17.5 secs and can have 200 damage done to it before it becomes unfeared, etc, adding 1 more unit, 7.5 secs, and 100 more damage done to it before it becomes unfeared each time.
  • It is not a channeled spell.
  • Also a little special effect to go above its head would be good too, just use the Curse thingy for now.
Tell me if I missed something or need to give more info.

Level 9
Spoiled Food v1.0

Ok here is your spell FunkyDude44.
The map is attached.

Spoiled Food
previewza6.jpg

Uploaded : 26/06/07

@Dil999 - I still have a few spells to go before getting to your request.

@Pyritie - Ok I've added it to the list, and thanks for the nice layout.

Attachments

• Spoiled Food v1.0.w3x
    83.5 KB · Views: 59
Level 35
Okay I wrote a lot of spell ideas for some dude, who asked for ideas. After finishing and posting them, I realised that I myself wantet on of those ideas made for real.
So here it goes:
Nightmare: Combine this spell with sleep. First cast sleep on target. Then use nightmare to enter his dreams and spread fear. Lowering his stats causing illusions of monsters around him ((does no dmg) something like that))

The model I want to use it with is this: http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/2486/

But maybe to more. It is for a campaign so doesnt have to be multi instantable (MUI).

Some nice effects when he enter the mind could be awesome... but up to you.
(My edit in it after it is done, hope it is alright?, you still will get credit of course) :smile:
Need more info or something, feel free to PM me
By the way, if posiable it would be nice if it was posiable to have it with 3 or 4 levels. Maybe last level is mass nightmare or something.... feel free to experiment.

Last edited:
Level 9
Red Baron,
Request accepted and added to the list. The only problem is that I am unable to download .zip files so if you want the model in the demo map you'll have to email me all the files unzipped.
@Red and Pyiritie,
All spells are MUI, it would almost be harder not to make the MUI!
@Stars-Zombe,
Your spell is finished and will be uploaded tomorrow.

Level 9
Headshot! v1.0

Ok heres your spell Stars-Zombe,
the map is attached.

HeadShot!
previewmi8.jpg

Uploaded : 27/06/07

Attachments

• Headshot! v1.0.w3x
    87.1 KB · Views: 96
Level 9
Lol well thats up to Stars if he wants that,
if so just request it and I'll make some changes.

@Pyiritie - Do you ever go offline!?1 :smile:,
thats twice in two days that you've replyed in lyk 2 minutes!

Level 7
Hey Kixer I still have my request - but I'll in fact do it and if there are bugs I would like you to fix them as you may do it faster than me. That will happen next week because I'm really busy this one.

Level 4
im not sure if it requires many triggers
itd be called headshot
but i need something that works like critical strike, it has a chance to do activate
if the spell activates while attacking a certin unit (zombie) it will instantly kill them and then display HEADSHOT in floating text over the zombies corpse
also when it dose happen id like tons of blood to fly out from the zombie

uhh yes, thanks.

umm mr. kixer, i made this request on the second page but i guess you either ignored it or missed it, maybe its because i dont have a flashy sig or avatar atm..:witch_doc_sad: please give a response on this request when you can. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Scyth,
sorry for some reason I skipped you, but your spells next on the list.
Kidd|,
I've redone your spell in JASS, i think its on page 3...
Impac7,
your spell is next, right after Scyth if you still want me to do it. I don't suggest doing it yourself first unless your using Jass...
mr. (lol) STARS,
your spell is done and has been uploaded. It just took awhile because I had to make an attack detection system to go with it...
Pyritie,
Thanks again for the support.

Level 7
Ok Kixer, I use GUI you will prolly do it better since you do it JASS, but when you do, pls go through my posts in this thread and you will learn how I want it to be. You will save my time.

Level 4
Umm, he did do your headshot one. Look on previous pages.

:grin:oh thank you, i guess i looked through all the pages way to fast
and UT sound is not required, with the rate my map will be going at thered be "HEADSHOT!!" every 2 seconds or so... would probably get annoying :smile:

once i finish this SC map im almost finished withhh ill focus more on my wc3 one and finish, and post it on this site, for all to enjoy

Level 9
Ok just a quick update,
my pc has been dieing on me so I havnt had much time to work on the spells at all.
But when the problem is fixed I'll get back into the swing of things.
[offtopic]
Post 600! Wahooo!

Level 4
hey kixer, just wondering if my request is in the queue, and if not can u put it in.. i think its on either pg 2 or 3. thanks!

Level 4
:spell_breaker: ive been playing around with the headshot
i have a few..concerns :bored:
i cant figure out how to change the chance it will headshot, or what this headshot is based off in the first place? :confused:
also, after a bit the damage text and HEADSHOT text only pop up once in awhile:sad:

Headshot is usually based off on aiming in those first person shooters, but if its in games like warcraft 3, its going to have to be based on the critical strike spell.
Sry Pyritie, i don't think i was awake clearly that time, and Kixer, I know its MUI, but what if i wanted the multiple effects spell to be based on a different spell? Like the Avatar spell, though that spell already has some of the ones we would usually use.
Oh, i copied the multiple effects trigger into my map, and it had alotta errors saying expected a statement and the endif parts.

Last edited:
Level 9
Im afraid so,
My computer is in for repairs and I am hectic ( very ) busy at the moment with my other projects and work experiance ( curse it ).
I would like to apologise to everyone who has been waiting patiently for their spells, like I said at the very start of this factory, time is going to be an issue.
When the natural balance of my life is restored I'll be write back here to work on the spells,
thanks to everyone for their patiencs...

Level 9
*RESURECT*

I would like to appologise for neglecting this thread, but soon I'll have time to start doing spells again, so please tell me if you still want your spell done.
If you don't reply I will assume you no longer need your spell and I will remove it from the list.

i have a few..concerns :bored:
i cant figure out how to change the chance it will headshot, or what this headshot is based off in the first place? :confused:
also, after a bit the damage text and HEADSHOT text only pop up once in awhile:sad:

I'll check it out.

Headshot is usually based off on aiming in those first person shooters, but if its in games like warcraft 3, its going to have to be based on the critical strike spell.

This spell is not based off critical strike, it uses a custom system to detect attacks and triggers then.

Sry Pyritie, i don't think i was awake clearly that time, and Kixer, I know its MUI, but what if i wanted the multiple effects spell to be based on a different spell? Like the Avatar spell, though that spell already has some of the ones we would usually use.

JASS:
constant function Multiple_Effects_Ability_Rawcode takes nothing returns integer
    return 'A002'                     // The "Beserking" ability's Rawcode
endfunction
By changing this rawcode into the one for your ability the effects in the spell book will be added when cast and lost when the buff is gone, not matter what ability.

Oh, i copied the multiple effects trigger into my map, and it had alotta errors saying expected a statement and the endif parts

Did you copy the Local Handle Vars script from the Map header into your map header?

Status
Not open for further replies.