• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdoms of Legend v1.1a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: potatotop
Hello everyone. I don't know if anyone has made a mass scale army control map so I decided to make one. It is about for kingdoms (Valiantite, Orcshire, Mysterium, Apocalypto) beating the hell out of each other on a planet called Dominius. Unit control is kinda like Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, where you control battalions instead of single soldiers. The map is only multi-player and unprotected so you can edit or look at the map but don't distribute without my permission. This map is only an Alpha version and is not completed.
Credits are inside the game (F9).
Enjoy!-GhostThruster

CHANGELOG:
v1.1a-
Custom loading screen
New item
More abilities
Start cinematic

Keywords:
kingdom, legend, war, battle, warhammer, mass scale army control
Contents

Kingdoms of Legend v1.1a (Map)

Reviews
18:01, 9th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
seems good going 2 dl and test it. it was really good and the way you used to move the army you had was good and i totaly liked it it was fun and you really needed to think before attacking:D it did work didnt find any bugs yet:D

Last edited:
Level 2
i tough the map preview was preety damn cool because it was made by hand and the game was awsome but you could ad a builder squad and a squad who are good at taking down the walls and towers the builder squad builds would be fun i think:D keep working on it:D the map is really fun

Level 2
practicaly yes i love to do overkill. but you could atleast make walls so when you get attacked you can just mass your archer army on the walls and rain down the arrows on the enemys you dont need to be able to buld the walls it can be from the start it would make the game more interesting atleast what i think:D

Level 2
the walls can be just higher ground and you can only walk upp on the higher grounds inside the base its pretty simple if you want an early version of wall def but in later versions it can be walls:D would definitely add to overkill atleast 4 me when i play the defensive race:D Archers pwns whit healers in back:D

Level 2
i got the map dl its just i havent figured out how to upload maps or even just send it 2 a specific person since i havent uploaded a map yet

Yes, I have checked it. It is more versatile than mine since you can also select just a few of them without a captain but the system I was looking for was like each battalion is represented by a hero. And I would appreciate it if you could do the wall thingy. Do you have my map downloaded?

Actualy you can do that. Make a captain a hero instead a simple unit. Check my system and try making a hero to be the captain instead a unit.
Yes, I have. I will do it then PM you.

there has to be some slight changes in the bases but i think most in the orc base just so you know
You mean in balance issues? The humans are supposed to have the strongest bases, then orcs, undead and elves. Thanks Ham Ham, I might add the captain thing in later versions but for now I'm keeping it simple. In the next version I'm gonna add squad healing (if one man is down it comes back eventually) and some more items (the current selection is rather dull) and in later versions I will probably add upgrades (so if you research an upgrade, your squads get a captain).

Last edited:
Any suggestions on what I should change?

Alright, I've got a new version ready-start cinematic, custom loading screen and one extra item (squad revival). Not much, and I'm still waiting for Ham to PM me. Later on there will be more updates. Man, this map is already a month old and still no one has moderated or commented. Please, if you have downloaded this map, put a comment or suggestion.

Last edited:
Level 5
i love the art... i mean its So dang funny, but pretty, very soft on the eye, great color choices. No complaints here, and as someone said, you can tell it was done by hand, which is very, very refreshing. Going to give this a try :)

Level 4
Gameplay

Well. Its really glitchy. When Some of my squads die the hero wont die. They just sit there so when i select my squad i select the inactive ones too. And near the end of the game when i played on Battle Net, 1 entire griffin rider squad took off after the Mysterium base. The Crusader squads kept splitting up too. Other than that it has really good models like your other map, Battle for Outland.