• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdoms of Amalur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
There's all this talk about Skyrim now but in 2012 we will have... Kingdoms of Amalur...

And to be exact i don't think i find Skyrim that good to have me playing it for hours on end because the combat is still floaty and the enemies seem to be too strong.

Anyway. Kingdoms of Amalur

I'ts more of a combat orientated RPG leaning towards a god of war style... graphics don't seem to be the main point of it and i don't care because the animations look awfully fluent. Plus this game also has 120 dungeons just like Skyrim so you can expect the world to be as big as that.

Btw they will also create a kingdoms of amalur MMO, so there will be a singleplayer Amalur game and a MMO game although they will be different games. And the world isn't just derived from something there is actually a whole lore and whatever behind everything so...

Meanwhile i still need to finish Batman Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare, Dark Souls, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Darksiders but okay...

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Read about it in GAMEStm and thought it was interesting. Particularly some of the concept art. I don't know much more about it, though, so I can't say whether I'd play it or not. Besides, Final Fantasy's going to get major priority from me this coming year.

Level 34
I watched a demo from PAX. It looked and sounded so much like Fable, in fact it seems like they basically took Fable and tried to fix some of the major flaws. Not a bad idea at all, Fable had so much going for it and they brutally ran it into the ground. Anyways, looks interesting, I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for the notice Wand.

Level 25
My internet decided to stop function just when I posted this comment. So well, I don't feel like rewriting my TL:DR.

But conclusion by testing tis game yesterday. (there is a free demo at steam) It was very generic. I had big hopes for it, as it looked interesting, but was very dissapointed. I got bored after about 20 minutes, felt like I already played the game before. And I decided to slaughter the whole first village, which was ridiculously easy, no guard could take more than 2-3 hits from me, when I was level 4.
One thing I loved though was "Reckoning Mode", which made you incredibly strong and fast, and also enables you to use different awesome finish moves (such as manifesting a huge metal hammer of pure energy to smash your opponents skulls) on your opponents, while spamming spacebar to gain a massive exp. boost.

Anyways, It didn't bring anything new to the table I would say, and I won't even get started on how much they've just ripped off Skyrim, it was ridiculous. Go ahead and sneak and you'll see what I mean.

Level 27
Well i've played it for about an hour now and I could say it looks alright but it doesn't.

I mean I know it's stupid to bring this up what the hell is wrong with the graphics! It looks like when world of warcraft first came out...

Furthermore the gameplay and style and everything really reminded me of fable, but all in all it's also somewhat mixed with WoW and minor elements of Skyrim maybe. It mostly reminded me of world of warcraft.

Anyway i haven't played it long enough so that I can really judge it by now so i would spend a few more hours in it to see if it gets any better.

Yeah it's probably a bit of a letdown... if this doesn't turn out as fun as i hoped then my hopes are probably set on Kingdom Under Fire II =p

Level 27
Full version.

But i've noticed now that it didn't set my resolution to 1920x1080, it was still on 1280x768 yesterday XD... it was a bit late so... It looks much better now =p

Anyways i've played for another hour now and i've come to quite enjoy it actually. The combat controls are pretty simple and fluent and i like the overall style although it's not really pretty or anything. It does have talent trees and such but i believe you can mix them up a little... and it also allows for quite some variation when you're fighting. I'm attacking with melee, ranged and magic attacks without any pauses and throw in a special move now and then.

I'd like to play it some more to see if get's any better. I won't say this game is comparable to Skyrim because it's third person only so allows for a lot more animation and generally another experience and the combat and interface mechanics are so different that it makes it a whole other game (rly! xD)

But i don't know... it's all rather cliché in the end. Although the world is big, they did promise a big world and it's big man.

Level 11
Just by watching 1 video on youtube made me decide what to spend my next $60 on, looks really fun and reminds me of Fable 1... next im gonna get SSX, then ofc Mass Effect 3! :D

Level 27
Ahhh, so it WILL be an MMO... I thought it looked familliar.

And by familliar I mean like World of Warcraft.

Yeah i know but i think the graphical style was just chosen because it would then be cheaper to implement tons of features and environments. Also there's an MMO coming out in the same world so it's going to cost them. However i think they could've at least included ultra textures or something or a very high setting that would allow for a lot more draw-distance and AA and whatnot...

What are you talking about? It's definitely not MMO at all.

Btw they will also create a kingdoms of amalur MMO, so there will be a singleplayer Amalur game and a MMO game although they will be different games. And the world isn't just derived from something there is actually a whole lore and whatever behind everything so...[/size]

Oh and i so ditched Skyrim for this :p

Level 27
Yeah and you know there is some serious game design when you try to let your charachter run in a tiny circle with your controller but it doesn't quite work... =p

With that said btw this game is more kind of style, and i missed a decent equipment system in Skyrim.

EDIT - What's up with the gold though i had 114.000 gold and repairing my gear cost me 25.000. I feel like a millionaire but i'm not.

Last edited:
Level 27
Pff so i just ordered the game yesterday (yes i had an illegal version).

Now i already have a low expectation when i buy a game nowadays but i was pretty exited for this only to find out that i have to install origin to get it... NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!

i fucking HATE steam, and i fucking HATE origin there is no goddamn reason that ANYONE should use these garbage pieces of shit sofware EVER!

Haha, i don't even HAVE the game on disc! I need to download it... they could as well just sell me a piece of paper with a serial number because that's appereantly the only thing you really pay for. Now what about a windows store huh? Let's make the windows OS store where you can download Windows 8 that's gonna work lol.

Not that it's absolutely terrible but really, everything has to be in systems and everything blegh it's just like a new trend and i do believe in buying things digitally but not like this.

So there's another bad experience with buying games, they're really pushing my expectations to the limit like this how great should the next game i buy be? It better be a 20GB digital world where i can do everything i want in otherwise..... -.-

Level 11
I was thinking about getting this game but it seemed to short, a friend of mine bought it and the map is like ½ of Northrend and the main quest can be finished very quickly.

Graphics are fine and the combat system is pretty easy but your character is a bit to strong.

@The wand mirror I think the flaw with origin is the internet connection requirement, no internet no gaming :(

Level 11
I just tested the demo and as soon as I equipped the bow in the intro part my client bugged out and I was unable to play. And Origins reparation function couldn't find anything wrong with it, so this just ruined my evening a bit :sad:

I might buy this to play the story line. :p

Level 4
Playing a Battlemage, the most overpowered thing ever since Galen Starkiller. I just finished all the House of Ballads quests (and all I got was that lousy Faeblade imrovement) and I finally left Dalentarth.
Also, I am disappointed by the lack of good chakrams after level 15, I'm currently owning everything with these two. Like, one hit kills.

2vmcbwm.png

Yes, I know. Imaginative item names.

Still, I prefer it over Skyrim at least 10 times more, so I ain't even mad. If only it was just a little harder, it'd be nice.

Level 27
Yeah i know i've put it on hard now although i'm a full finesse rogue-thing, i did hear about the mages chakrams being overpowered. I always run across some that do 80 base damage and then do an additional 25 fire damage and 40 damage from another element over time... it's insane =/

Do you have very little health and armor? or...

Level 4
Yeah i know i've put it on hard now although i'm a full finesse rogue-thing, i did hear about the mages chakrams being overpowered. I always run across some that do 80 base damage and then do an additional 25 fire damage and 40 damage from another element over time... it's insane =/

Do you have very little health and armor? or...

I've got barely any HP boost from my armor, as you can clearly see here...
ezpuvd.png

...but the thing is that my spells are so ungodly overpowered, whilst having weapons that deal 120+ damage, that make a battlemage the badass it is.
I have to try finesse after I beat the game with this class, I'm a fan of quick/stealthy approach to combat.

Level 7
I went straight might all the way, lvl 33 conquerer with 1300 health and armor, and I crit for like 2.5k lol, I get bored and try to find prismere trolls to keep me occupied.

Also 25 hours of main quest line is bs, I did some side quests and the main quest line in 14. Tirnoch was rediculously easy but beautifully skinned.

Edit: One word: Scuttlecrab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.