View game trailer
- View the brand new Stronghold Kingdoms trailer in dazzling HD.
- See what castle life was like in a living, breathing medieval world.
- Construct great castles to last the test of time.
- Layout your castle carefully to withstand even the greatest of armies.
- Site your buildings carefully for maximum efficiency.
- Watch the village come to life and grow over days and weeks.
- In a unique medieval world
- An interactive map helps you trade, scout, explore...
- Sweep majestically through the ranks on your way to power
- Become the Steward, or sheriff, or King!
- Choose how and when to play vital strategy cards.
- Research new technologies to gain a vital edge.
Stronghold Kingdom is a new MMO RTS from Firefly Studios. It has been in development for quite a while, it is still in the beta however the data from beta to live will not be reset, meaning everyone will keep their villages.
The Goal of the game is to win Glory rounds. It's a little complicated. Basicly, you gain small ammounts of Glory Points for controling a parish, to bug ammounts of Glory Points for controling a province or even a country. However you cannot earn Glory Points if you are not in a House. Houses made of Factions, and Factions are made of players. So basicly you must first join/create a faction, in order to join in one of the many Houses the game has. To be clear, you personally do not gain the Glory Points, the House you are part of will. The more players you have in your House, the more territory you are likely to control. The more territory you control, the more Glory Points you get per day.
How do you gain territory? Simply enough either by waging war and barbaricly eliminating the opposition, sending monks to influence the election, or just strait up diplomacy and making other people your allies.
SHK is a really long macro oriented game. World1 is ending the 3rd round of Glory soon, after 245 days of play time.
The playable maps are: Great Britain(World 1 & World 2) and Germany (Welt 1), and soon to be added France (Monde 1).
Reading this, you might have gotten the idea that this game is similar to Travian or Tribe Wars. Well, you are correct, partially. Although SHK is of the same genre, the gameplay is much more different.
I could talk all day about this game, but than the wall of text will just get bigger.
You can download and try the game yourself here. Oh ! it's Free To Play.