• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kingdom Builder v1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been working on this map and it's nearing completion, so I thought I'd post it here for testing!

Note: be VERY specific about balance changes, as I can't host so I don't get many chances to play this.
Kingdom Builder is a 12 player altered melee map where you choose one of three elemental alignments and then proceed building an army etc. etc. The max food is 250, and you win by destroying all other players' capitols. The main resource is lumber, which is harvested by workers much like the traditional Warcraft 3 game. To get mana you can either capture and defend mana springs, which you can then harvest mana from, or you can build mana wells, which generate mana over time. There is also a dragon roost in the top left corner that can be captured, which enables the training of dragons. Please post comments and reviews here!

PS: The elemental resonance upgrade for improving mana spring miners doesn't work, but they still produce more mana than mana wells that are built. Also, disciples don't provide more mana per run, but you can train more of them, so you still get a slight bonus in terms of mana production. Neither of these should make the map unplayable, but I'm just updating so you're aware that I already know of these bugs and plan on fixing them for the next version.

Map link:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/167713/

Level 9
I tested this using the 'death' race.The techtrees are good,and there is a variety in your options,which i really like.However,I find it annoying that you have to build like 6 research buildings for everyone.Narrow it down to 2:-one for all upgrades(infantry upgrade) and one for weapons/armour upgrade.Also the 'mobile refinery' is a really cool idea.

Level 3
I tested this using the 'death' race.The techtrees are good,and there is a variety in your options,which i really like.However,I find it annoying that you have to build like 6 research buildings for everyone.Narrow it down to 2:-one for all upgrades(infantry upgrade) and one for weapons/armour upgrade.Also the 'mobile refinery' is a really cool idea.
Although going down to two research centers would be nice, it seems really hard to do just given the sheer number of upgrades their are. Do you think I should try reducing the number of upgrades? But I'm glad you enjoyed the map!

Level 19
Hmm... Maybe you could use Jash Hashtables to make stuff above the food limit so you can have more things to do too:)

Level 3
Just an update. I'm still somewhat working on this map. Progress is slow due to finals week but soon it'll be picking up steam again. The one-race system is proving a bit hard to maintain due to large quantities of units, so I'm making a lot of new units, and then creating 4 smaller races. They'll all use similar resource systems (magic wells/miners and lumber harvesters), but two of the races (demonic legions and Naga empire) will focus more on mana and the other two (Blessed and Barbarian Hordes) will focus more on lumber production. I've gotten most of the new units done I just need to design a few more, then finish the buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.