• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

a huge trigger question / request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi guys,

i'd like to do a return to castle wolfenstein-style map and i'm a huge noob to triggers etc.. i've got experience in making melee maps (designing a nice map) but as i told you, triggers.. ;<. i've made a little picture which should explain the map system. it should be a ctf-style map with the blue team attacking, red defending. blue team has to get 2 objectives (the carrier is marked with this immolation thingy and could be visible for everyone on the map but this isnt very necessary). i think everyone knows about spawn etc. so the blue team spawns every 5 seconds, the red team every 10.
my ammo system is as following: a shot is an autocast spell which does e.g. 5 damage, costs 1 mana per shot. i'll explain the way to get extra ammo now.

there will be 3 classes to take:

medic: very low on ammo (30 mana, no mana regena) can heal teammates with a skill that costs no mana but has a cooldown of 10 secs which heals 30 hitpoints

lieutenant: has 60 mana, some mana regeneration, can "drop" ammo e.g. by some siphon mana style (can only give mana) that costs 20 mana and gives 30 mana to the guy you give it to (who thought of that). it would be also nice if he could drop some kinda "airstrike" once (as an item) which should happen some kinda like impale but damages like a T i mean you are on the bottom of the T and the airstrike comes on the upper line of it. the airstrike is dropped, it start to smoke or something (just that the enemy can see it) and then the "impale" happens without the stun of course.

engineer: has a weapon with little splash and is able to "plant" dynamite for 50 mana (he has 60 mana in the beginning, no mana regena) OR a item (only 1) which he can drop dynamite on the spots i marked on my picture. it would be cool as well if he could defuse dynamite in 5 secs but i have no idea how to make this happen (mb he has to stay in a position for 5 secs where the dynamite has to be dropped as well)

my picture should explain the rest of it

oh, by the way, here it is ;)

http://mitglied.lycos.de/wor999/wcmap.jpg

i know that this is HUGE work but i'd really like to do this map with some advise than wasting my time completely on some thing i don't understand really well

//edit i just thought about that ammo thing: it would be the best if the lieutenant could drop items (for the mana skill) that are ammopacks but listed as an item in the inventory of the guy who picked up the ammo pack. if he has no more mana, the guy has to "use" the item so that theres a reload sound (i have them in my rtcw folder ;)) and it takes like 2-3 secs to reload the gun (give 30 mana to the guy who's reloading)

so, cya i hope someone takes time to help me ;O

Status
Not open for further replies.