• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King Anduin Wrynn

At last, I finished the model of the Anduin seen in the last WoW cinematic.

I was struggling with the animations(as always). What animations' set from the in game could be suitable for this guy, but sadly I didn't liked any. I thought of combining the animations but it didn't turned quite good on some of my other models so I didn't want to ruin the mesh because of the animations. That's why I used the animations from @Direfury 's Captain Falric model. Give credits to both of us if you use this model.

The model comes with and without the helmet.
Contents

Anduin Wrynn (Model)

Helmet version (Model)

Reviews
PROXY
Review: I've grown fond of your choice of textures and changed my mind about it, considering my earlier comment (although I still do not like the TC clothes) One problem though: - There are no attachment points for his feet - please add them. Other...
Mister_Haudrauf
Changes Done. Setting to Approved. Good Job.
Level 2
Awesome. 10/10 It would awesome if we could have a model of just Anduin(Like Hearthstone) too. I wish I was great at making models :'(

Level 51
Not a huge fan of the textures TBH. They look bland, have few shadows and the white/gold clashes very hard with the orange-gold/tc of the cloak stuff. Then again you have that deeply bluish high contrast lion which does not blend in very well. Last but not least: the leather clothes. They have the right variation of contrast and shading, and are the only textures really fitting here.

Mesh itself is really good though although his face still looks a bit too much like Arthas IMO.

Level 14
This is a creative and unique interpretation of Anduin in armor that does not necessarily need to be a copypaste of the BfA cinematic. It's cool (I especially like the helmet and the perfect shalamayn sword) and it shows the effort put into making it. It's also pretty true to how Anduin's physionomy was presented in all media except that cinematic, and it is the first model to represent Anduin that completely fits into the warcraft 3 environment.

Level 3
AWESOME!!! now only if there is a nice BTN DISBTN and score screen to go with the model (Y_Y)

Last edited:
Level 3
Great model! But the stubble really needs to go if you want Anduin from the cinematic. He's still only 17!
Apaer from that the portrait talk animation needs to be redone because even the original blizzard models don't have their mouth distort when they talk. But apart from that really good model. I'm sure it'll look great used side by side with your Varian Wrynn model.

Level 51
Review: I've grown fond of your choice of textures and changed my mind about it, considering my earlier comment (although I still do not like the TC clothes) One problem though:

- There are no attachment points for his feet - please add them.

Other than that - a very nice model with proper animations and an appealing 2nd version with a helmet. Add the attachment points and it's approved.

Level 50
Review: I've grown fond of your choice of textures and changed my mind about it, considering my earlier comment (although I still do not like the TC clothes) One problem though:

- There are no attachment points for his feet - please add them.

Other than that - a very nice model with proper animations and an appealing 2nd version with a helmet. Add the attachment points and it's approved.
I totally forgot about fixing this. Done.

May I suggest removing the hair for the helmet version/add a version without that hair with helmet?
Might be alone on this, but I am not a fan of that.

Apart from that, I like what I am seeing here.
Sorry for keeping you waiting, but I will upload the version without the helmet here in the comments.

Attachments

• King Anduin WrynnHNoHair.mdx
    213.6 KB · Views: 49