• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kathmaral Saga, The Journey

217842-085c96c4e2c95d35d074b57a6e7503c5.png

Created by Trycex and Nubelial

BACKGROUND
Despite a century of peace, the conflict rise again in the continent on Nimaru, to prevent bloodshed and destroy their beloved lands,
the orc go to self-exile, guide by the Sage Mogul and his champions.The Orcs from the Forest of Garabolg and from the Kingdom of
Valorian must overcome their difference and work together to find a new land that could call home,
but what could be a simple task maybe decide the fate of everything.

FEATURES
  • Play through the first story arc of Kathmaral, 5 Chapters and 2 cinematics.
  • Use the new heroes of the orc race to overcome many challenge.
  • Choose your faction! After chapter 1 you will decide to play with the powerful and mystic orcs from Garabolg or the brave and discipline orcs from Valorian.
  • Pick your difficulty, normal to experience the story with moderate challenge or hard to test your skills.
  • Item system! Find the loot from Kathmaral and combine them to create even more powerful items to your heroes!
CHAMPIONS OF THE ORCS

1630968806373-png.386697

Marak, The Stone Warden
The strongest Spirit caller from his generation and one of the disciple of the Sage Mognul, Marak is a powerful warrior who command the earth and spirit magic to support his allies or destroy his enemies. Despite his recently stubbornness and reckless Marak assure that he will help his people... No matter the cost.

1625066529330-png.382544

Sahrena, The Chieftain
The chieftain of the Goldenbreeze clan, one of the clans from the Garabolg Forest who joined to the Sage, Sahrena is a powerful sorceress who command the sand and wind. By her perseverance and her willingness to cooperate with the valorian orcs, the High chieftain give her the authority to represent the Garabolg orcs with their alliance with the Valorian cousins in the seek of a new land for her people.

1625067981285-png.382550

Kajiro, The Lord
The adopted son of the Valorian King, Kajiro trained since young age, to learned about the art of war, duty and swordsmanship from the best of the kingdom, skills that allowed him to become in a leader. After help to defeat a dangerous clan of renegade orcs, was name by the Sage himself as "Friend of temple”. He was the natural choice by Valorian leaders to support their allies in the self exile. Despite his best intentions a few orcs mistrust of him do his pass with the humans.

1626022506191-png.383557

Nezli, The Engineer
The eccentric leader of a small goblin fleet and captain of the Wavecrusher a massive capital ship a renowned inventor do the creation of new technology and improve the old ones. By chance of fate he ended with problems with the human kingdom of Occenaris and was captured but later was saved by a powerful orc champion. Since that day Nezli join to the orc's cause, allow them aboard their capital ship and travel to the dangerous sea of the north. Despite that many considered this a madness, others see this as an opportunity, to Nezli is both.

SCREENSHOTS AND MEDIA

ABOUT ITEMS TIER 3
Finding any of the basic objects and combining them will depend on the luck in obtaining an item "tier 2"
Tier 2 items are found on the diagonals of the heptagon, making a total of 21 without repetition.
Only 7 of those 21 items can be used for the ceremonial scroll, thus fulfilling the instructions of the natives.
1651282495693-png.398866

1651282600608-png.398867

To obtain a powerful mystical item from the natives, it is enough to have:
-1 of the 7 tier 2 items
-wendigo skin or wendigo horn
-ceremonial scroll

1651282844326-png.398869

Due to the randomness in obtaining skin or horn, there is a combination for each.
There are a total of 14 mystical objects, each with supernatural powers used by the natives for generations. I will not detail the effects or descriptions because each story is different, I wish you luck adventurers.

1651282969293-png.398870

1651283045257-png.398871

CHANGELOG
Initial Release
Fixed campaign buttons
Fixed hero duplication in chapter 2
Change the victory condition to phase 1 of chapter 2(Destroy everything in the cave)
Fixed some minor stuff
Fixed the bugs with the scroll and shops in chapter 3 and 4
Fixed capital letters in the name of units
Fixed some text
Added small hints
Added new special effect with auras
Rebalanced some units and spells
Fix the food cost of Sahrena
Add a better description ingame of How create tier3 items.
Increased slightly the time when the AI start to attack in chapter 4.
Moved some complemends in the allied base in chapter 4.
Eliminated some data from really old versions of the campaign.

KNOWN ISSUES
-After load the game in chapter 4 there is a small bug that put the screen dark, but it fix itself after a few seconds.

CREDITS
(MODELS, SKINS, ICONS, ETC)

Tarrasque
Rizz_Boomer
Alok
The Weird Human
Ujimasa Hojo
skymarshall
Rondo
Tranquil
GrimShaman
Forgotten_Warlord
Mr. Bob
Mister_Haudrauf
supertoinkz
HerrDave
by Ket
JetFangInferno
kellym0
Ergius
Syroco
Vinz
PROXY
Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)
Blizzard

Everything else Nubelial or Trycex

If I forget give credit to someone else please forgive me and contact me to add you.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
To Blizzard to create one of my favorite games.
To most of the campaign creators who inspired me to create one.
To anyone who plays and enjoy our work.
To the the old and small hispanic community of World Of Editors where I learned most of my knowledge in Worldedit.
To everyone who tested the campaign and give us feedback.
To the the user Cleavinghammer who help us alot in the translation.
To my good and loyal friend Nubelial, without him create this campaign won't be possible.

AUTHOR 'S WORDS
I don't gonna lie, despite our year of experience in the war3 worldedit this is the first time that we focus in create something important (or at least interesting) to the war3 community, I really hope that you enjoy the first arc of "Kathmaral Saga, The Journey", We has some many ideas but we couldn't make them(for now). Maybe in the future we will end this story after all, there is some many to tell. But now, we will focus in a new project with the experience gained doing this campaign. -Trycex

Capturing the imagination, the stories, the images, the characters that one creates in their free time just for fun is incredible, but when you do it with a friend in a video game like warcraft 3, the possibilities become so great that they became overwhelming, this first arch, although short, was made with much appreciation and affection.
there were many discussions and changes, we decided to start with the orcs in the far cold lands of the north because they are the least inhabited and the mission is quite simple for the old Mognul, but the more we explored the more we realized that we were really accompanying the old orc in his mission. The first arc pretty much reflects how "our characters" would have actually acted on the epic quest to the north.
I hope you enjoy playing it the same way we enjoyed recreating it in wc3, one of many stories - Nube

Do not hesitate to report any bug, observations, etc.
Please do not edit or do anything else with the campaign unless we tell you otherwise.
Contents

Kathmaral Saga, The Journey (Campaign)

Reviews
Finally made it work out. :D I like the slightly modified UI. The race overall has nice units and each cool abilities. Took me some minutes to actually spot the entrance of that cave in the first chapter xD. I love how you combined doodads and made...

What is your favorite faction?

• Garabolg

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Valorian

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Level 13
This campaign turned out to be a very pleasant surprise: beautiful terrain that made me want to see every corner of it; choice between 2 races; randomly appearing items in my inventory (because I wasn't trying to make any specific item - I just took them with the one character and whatever. I got quite strong items like that with the help of Wendigo Skin and Horn).

I didn't like how the characters and both types of orcs looked. All units with few exceptions seemed slightly flattened to me throughout. Kael's voice surprised me and was also strange to me the whole time. Somehow it doesn't connect with the image of an orc.

The game difficulty on "Normal" is the same or close to that of the standard WC3 campaign. On 1.27 it runs without any issues. I couldn't even see the already known issues. Thanks for sharing. I will look around for a sequel.

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I say this one was a pleasant surprise.

The story flows like a nice introduction to a new "explore unknown land" setting. The worldbuilding is a bit scarce in detail, but I can't say it comes without a strong themes on it's own. Missions are mechanically interesting, bossfights are fun and well-balanced and everything is served with a dripping of cool reskins that makes heroes and units unique, and beautiful [however a bit monotonous] terrain work. Custom item system is also a welcome and cool addition even if it quickly fills the inventory. This issue can be easily managed with some sort of stash akin to the one from Malfurion's Quest. I like the writing. Character creations come with distinct personallities that just like worldbuilding in general, simply asks for more detail work.

Additional point goes for playing orcs, and portraying them different then typical orcs in most fantasy settings. Orcs here feels like a fully-fledged civilization rather then collection of semi-savage tribes. Default pick for most creators would be humans simply because we're humans, but this project explore different themes and does not seem to be afraid of exploring orc themes in it's own way.

I definitely want to play more. This is a small, but polished and well-made gem with visible passion put into development.

Level 8
I say this one was a pleasant surprise.

The story flows like a nice introduction to a new "explore unknown land" setting. The worldbuilding is a bit scarce in detail, but I can't say it comes without a strong themes on it's own. Missions are mechanically interesting, bossfights are fun and well-balanced and everything is served with a dripping of cool reskins that makes heroes and units unique, and beautiful [however a bit monotonous] terrain work. Custom item system is also a welcome and cool addition even if it quickly fills the inventory. This issue can be easily managed with some sort of stash akin to the one from Malfurion's Quest. I like the writing. Character creations come with distinct personallities that just like worldbuilding in general, simply asks for more detail work.

Additional point goes for playing orcs, and portraying them different then typical orcs in most fantasy settings. Orcs here feels like a fully-fledged civilization rather then collection of semi-savage tribes. Default pick for most creators would be humans simply because we're humans, but this project explore different themes and does not seem to be afraid of exploring orc themes in it's own way.

I definitely want to play more. This is a small, but polished and well-made gem with visible passion put into development.
Thanks for coming back to the post to comment. :piru:
I understand what you mention about the items and the slots, the system i made was inefficient, we currently have an improved one, but it will be for the next project, we're just on vacation haha

Level 3
Plot: The characterization is very well thought out. I'd like to see something in the follow up story that would give Marak heartburn. Before I played the campaign, I read the introduction thinking that there was a conflict between the two orc forces and that we were going to try to fix that. But the actual gameplay, where we're just replacing one set of tech trees (which has been great, of course), doesn't seem to live up to my mental expectations.
Gameplay: tons of new skins, models and icons. I'd like to see the "Worker" tag removed from the Kodo no rider, which now needs to be specifically set to patrol to avoid that annoying prompt in the bottom left corner.

Level 7
if i remember correctly the items required for the scroll are all present in the map where you actually make the scroll and think every item required is mentioned on that map
I plan to begin a showcase series soon. After playing only 1 map so far, I can say this is already quite impressive. The item system seems a bit confusing, but I'm just going to hold on to what I pick up and hope I can make the scroll and get lucky enough for a Wendigo reagent.

Last edited:
Level 12
I plan to begin a showcase series soon. After playing only 1 map so far, I can say this is already quite impressive. The item system seems a bit confusing, but I'm just going to hold on to what I pick up and hope I can make the scroll and get lucky enough for a Wendigo reagent.
Hello! Sorry for not answer soon,

Yeah the item system is a little archaic because we based of the Dota, specially to create tier 3 item just tier2 item + special item(wendigo parts) + the scrolls. You can get the wendigo parts in both micro and macro chapters but you can only get the scrolls in the macro chapter(1 in a store and 1 around the same chapter). We decided in that way because the Tier 3 usually are really strong.

Thankfully the item system pass for 2 revisions so our next project has a more friendly and easy way to create a tier 3 item.

Level 9
I played this campaign when it was first released but didn't write a review. sorry for that.
seeing Jayborino showcase it made me wanna play it again.
Hopefully, we get to play your new project next year!

Level 3
Really fun and intersting campaign, was a joy to play.
Apart from quite a few spelling errors I found this campaign interesting and enjoyable having a good story, fun dialog and an explore like feeling all through out with a nice item system and different heroes and races as your option.

Last edited:
Level 23
Thought I would add some notes I wrote down from when I first played this campaign:

Ch1
Nice to see each of the two main quests give us a taste of both sides of the orc factions.
Love the item combination system.

Ch2
Blademaster hero makes comment related to abandoned village from last mission, despite him not being there in ch1 at the time when they found that abandoned village.
When going near 1 rock golem at the start with Malak, it does its birth animation, then going near the 2nd, both of them do the birth animation (so first one we encounter does it x2).
Malak got to lvl 3 way to fast in this mission.
Maybe give a way for our next two heroes to explore the area Malak was in, since I had to drop items here that I didn't have enough room for Malak to carry.
Love the custom skins, especially the furbolg ones (Sarlin's is one of the best I have seen).
For the 2 wendigo bosses, only the right side pushes out to attack, left side stays in his corner waiting for us to come to him.
Great to have choice of which army faction for each map.
Love the tile sets mix. The snowy regions look especially good.

Ch3
Enjoyed this first RTS mission.

Ch4
No reason is given why the Furbolg who was sent after the Ice Giant went and fully betrayed the other furbolgs. It just said something about him not trusting the outsiders, then it went to him fully attacking us.
The AI ally that defends us is good - very nice. AI ally is best part of custom campaigns in my opinion.

Ch5
A hint about us being about to lose the Goblin hero would have been nice before going into the cave - many of my good items were on the Goblin.
Boss fight was good. It would have been really hard for people without the wolf summon item, since that was the key to quickly killing the altars that summoned the ghouls.
More questions than answers left after that fight.

General points
The lore in this campaign is really good--- there are hints at so much going on, and so much to come.
Really hope if you guys continue with this, you make it a 2nd campaign so we don't need to replay these 5 missions before starting your new stuff.
I love the blue coloring dancing around on the mountains at the end of the final cinematic-- it looked fantastic (added picture below).

Interesting issue playing this on 1.32 + -- Cannot save or load (causes game to crash). Even using f6 hotkey (quicksave) causes game to crash. I would be curious what about this campaign causes that, since almost all campaigns made on earlier versions of wc3 are completely compatible with 1.32+.
1712924502982.png