• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kael - Elf Campaign (Demons of Dalaran)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
273100-8975ae1b25fa205ba8eae42dcbf2a9be.png

This project has been created for WarCraft III: Reforged.

Synopsis: It is a custom campaign following Prince Kael before the events of Frozen Throne and when he ends up in the ghostlands of Lordaeron.
The quest is simple, the Elves are dying and Kael is trying to find a way for them to survive as the dead slowly conquer the lands of the living.

Currently four levels and an interlude have been completed, for the initial Elf Campaign. The campaign is currently projected to run between five and seven missions.
To be followed by a Dwarf Campaign.

(All levels 1 - 4 are solidly updated at 0.8 - 0.9. Cinematic skips have been added to these levels (except Interlude). Game Caches have not been added yet, so items and XP still are not currently transferred across levels. Haven't added more music to Levels 1 - 3 yet, but I will after I think about how to save storage on music files.)

Excuse the delay since last update, believe it or not, I've been working on it this whole time. Took so long because I had to build and then rebuild a super special custom AI from scratch for multiple platforms and it's finally off the ground, yay me. ^.^ There's some content that I haven't implemented for time reasons, and I plan to do a patch run for the first levels too. But I hope you like the update I worked really hard on it. ^.^ This should mean the remainder of the campaign should be done faster, but I'm only SUPERHUMAN, YOU LEAVE ME ALONE. D:<

KAEL - ELF CAMPAIGN
"Demons of Dalaran"

STORY: Dalaran has been ruined - Quel'thalas has been lost.
Everywhere, the shadow of the Undead grows over the lands of
Lordaeron, the homes of humans and Elves alike. You are Prince Kael'thas,
and the people of the Elves look to you for hope and leadership.
Do not disappoint them.

Start on the first mission of KAEL: DEMONS OF DALARAN. An ELF CAMPAIGN,
centred entirely around the Quel'Dorei surviving in the ruins of the Undead invasion.
This takes place before the events of the expansion of The Frozen Throne.

LEVELS COMPLETED:
Chapter One:
"Of Shadows and Princes of the Eternal"
Chapter Two: "Book of Magic"
Chapter Three: "The Wolf of the Mountains"
Interlude I: "Guilt of Shadows"
Chapter Four: "To Grasp A Sword"

Preview of the first three missions:

186760-17f4a8503f075071decc80c9b34d423c.png

KAEL 01

"Of Shadows and Princes of the Eternal"

Updates: Some minor updating, I believe. Tweaks to terrain and what-not, nothing significant.

Summary: Prince Kael has gathered what remains of his people
in the area, intending to find them a safe haven.
Many human towns have also been destroyed, and their people had
fled to the protection of the Elves.
These islands have provided some shelter for the time being,
but the threat of the undead is slowly growing.
Something is out there stirring them up -
it may not be long until these lands are lost.
Unless someone does something to stop it.

186761-8e9a06b936399e98ef4e325016c085ef.png

KAEL 02

"The Book of Magic"

Status: Released. Updated to solve a few issues including tech-tree.

v1.00? Maybe?

Summary: Your new "friend" has spoken of a magical tome
that was kept in Dalaran for safe keeping, and was lost
when the city itself was taken by the demons.
Fortunately, it was in the Elven district, and many of the
enchantments still survived, thus it's possible
it still exists.
Prince Kael himself studied there and
is naturally quite familiar with it.

The journey has taken several days, but with
Prince Kael keenly feeling that his magic is failing him,
and would soon be the downfall of the Elves, has
led his people there on a quest of hope.

186758-237a29355f2359c7e35773c477e6addb.png

KAEL 03
"The Wolf of the Mountains"

Summary: Prince Kael wishes to reach Silverpine, but
in order to avoid the undead, he must cross the
forbidding mountains. Fortunately, his good
friend Herodin has a settlement there.

BONUS MAP!

WARCRAFT MARSHAL / SPYMASTER

(Alpha Demo)

186740-5118842f3cab1620ceb5e46c3940e9fc.jpg

This is purely a bonus map I've added. It's an experimental
dialogue-based AI system, designed to let the player interact with
the AI (his allies) via chat messaging.

It's generally a sort of Commandos style squad-management
game with overall RTS elements - it should be evident enough when
you start playing it. It is just in its first simple stages, so this
is an alpha release demo.

Try to out-manoeuvre the enemy, organise resistance,
and command allied forces, and achieve objectives. The
Dialogue AI system is designed to be explored (not just to enhance
gameplay as designed, but actually necessary in this map), but it's very,
veeeery, simple at the moment just for this alpha.

Hope you like it!

Short gameplay video:

I have a SC2Mapster account you can find here: https://www.sc2mapster.com/members/supermudz/projects - but I haven't updated this campaign to it yet.
Previews
Contents

Kael 01 - Princes and Shadows (Map)

Kael 02 - The Book of Magic (Map)

Kael 03 - Wolf of the Mountains (Map)

Kael 03b - Interlude I (Map)

Kael 04 - To Grasp A Sword (Map)

WarCraft Marshal / Spymaster (Map)

Reviews
First chapter: -during the starting cinematic, the Sindorei Warrior portrait in the dialogue is the one of a guard tower. Easily change the unit speaking. -a bit sad that Kael has the same default spells of a bloodmage. You could make some custom ones...
Level 23
(Based on map description) I really like how the premise of this campaign is in a time that has not been explored by previous custom campaigns - Kael'thas pre- frozen throne. I don't have a problem with all those 15+ campaigns that focus on Wc1/Wc2, but it is nice to have the plot be based in a fresh location/story.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You should hide those screenshots; they're too big and you have to scroll a lot to get through all of the description.
Use:

[spoiler]
image link here
[/spoiler]

or

[hidden="title"]
image link here
[/hidden]

BB Codes | HIVE

Also, since it's a campaign. Have you done anything to address the game cache since Reforged does not support custom campaigns? For instance, you could use save codes like in tulee's campaign.

I didn't know SC2Mapster allowed Warcraft III stuff.

Also, works in progress go here: Map Development
Depends on how much play time and content the current maps offer.

Level 23
I went to look at your Sc2 campaign on Sc2 mapster, since Deepstrasz mentioned your page in his comment.
https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/rogue-force
I am shocked at how little feedback is given on the mapster forums. It is not criticism of your rogue campaign there, Supermudz, just a little surprised at how comments for sc2 campaigns there are not as active as feedback for Wc3 stuff on hive.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Alternatively, you can just download the pack like this, apparently. (I'm sort of a returned noob, so forgive me.)
The site already zips the files when clicking download. You don't download them separately.
I went to look at your Sc2 campaign on Sc2 mapster, since Deepstrasz mentioned your page in his comment.
To be honest, I'm more interested in the discussion about creationism and Darwinism he participated in.

Last edited:
Level 3
(Based on map description) I really like how the premise of this campaign is in a time that has not been explored by previous custom campaigns - Kael'thas pre- frozen throne. I don't have a problem with all those 15+ campaigns that focus on Wc1/Wc2, but it is nice to have the plot be based in a fresh location/story.

Thanks, bud! I was watching the Reforged playthroughs by Jayborino and Grubby and just got stoked for it. I played a little bit of WarCraft 2 when I was younger, so some of that is still stuck in my head too, ironically.

You should hide those screenshots; they're too big and you have to scroll a lot to get through all of the description.
Use:

[spoiler]
image link here
[/spoiler]

or

[hidden="title"]
image link here
[/hidden]

BB Codes | HIVE

Also, since it's a campaign. Have you done anything to address the game cache since Reforged does not support custom campaigns? For instance, you could use save codes like in tulee's campaign.

Also, works in progress go here: Map Development
Depends on how much play time and content the current maps offer.

Thanks for the tips! And I'll be sure to check it out when I have the time, because I'm totally clueless about that. This is pretty much my first WC3 campaign.

And yep, they have like a Legacy WarCraft 3 category available, and they just obviously don't mind. :p
It's artistic license, I guess, but it's a map-making site, so close enough. Beggars can't be choosers and what-not.

But the Hive is obviously way more appropriate - I'm just keeping my habits efficient. ^.^

https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/rogue-force
I am shocked at how little feedback is given on the mapster forums. It is not criticism of your rogue campaign there, Supermudz, just a little surprised at how comments for sc2 campaigns there are not as active as feedback for Wc3 stuff on hive.

Haha, yeah. That was tough to get used to. I've been working at stuff for a couple of years and barely eked a comment out of anyone. I remember the community being way more chatty - but maybe I was thinking of the Hive. :p
Still, once the work is done it's done - thanks for being one of the chatty. ^.^

The site already zips the files when clicking download. You don't download them separately.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the discussion about creationism and Darwinism he participated in.

It's mostly just for the directory - because the maps load into each other, so that's probably necessary?

And boy, that's been a while. A few years ago I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not likely to get side-tracked about it at the moment - but if it interests you, knock yourself out. :p

I tend to put all my thoughts into the form of fiction and projects now. Productive for a complex topic. And productive in general. ^.^

Anyway, thanks for replying, guys! Means butt-loads. BUTT-LOADS. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 23
Hi friend, it is obvious that you are starting in this, it is very hard to work in one proyect and that people reduce it "is bad", without understanding how complicated it is to learn to edit with the World Editor.

I have looked at your work a bit and yes, it lacks a lot, but I think you have talent and creativity to improve quickly and turn this into a very good project, so for that reason and to compensate for that 1-star vote, I give you a 5 star rating.

Keep working, download very high-level campaigns and maps from this forum and open them with the editor to see how they do things, that was very useful to me.

Be that as it may, you should not give too much importance to the stars you have, especially with the first projects.

Regards.

Level 3
Hi friend, it is obvious that you are starting in this, it is very hard to work in one proyect and that people reduce it "is bad", without understanding how complicated it is to learn to edit with the World Editor.

I have looked at your work a bit and yes, it lacks a lot, but I think you have talent and creativity to improve quickly and turn this into a very good project, so for that reason and to compensate for that 1-star vote, I leave you a 5 star rating.

Keep working, download very high-level campaigns and maps from this forum and open them with the editor to see how they do things, that was very useful to me.

Be that as it may, you should not give too much importance to the stars you have, especially with the first projects.

Regards.

That's very helpful, cheers. Much appreciated. ^.^
I'm not bothered by it so much (I have reasons to expect it anyway) - I just enjoy making something fun out of what has a 9/10 chance of being spam. C:

I will indeed be going over this campaign again when I have more experience, so cheers. ^.^

EDIT: Man, though, this project got hundreds of dls crazy quickly. That's awesome. Thanks, Hiveworkshop. ^.^

Last edited:
Level 23
Hey! Glad you came back Mudz. This campaign had great potential, can't wait till more maps are released.

On a side note: when comments are deleted, it is very confusing to people who come afterwards and see non-deleted comments referring to things said in already deleted comments.

Anyway, good luck with the campaign.

Level 3
Hey! Glad you came back Mudz. This campaign had great potential, can't wait till more maps are released.

On a side note: when comments are deleted, it is very confusing to people who come afterwards and see non-deleted comments referring to things said in already deleted comments.

Anyway, good luck with the campaign.

Thanks, bud - still developing my work-flow. ^.^

And don't worry about it, some fella just decided to drop in some spam. I've got stalkers so it's the kind of thing liable to happen - they're easy to bait. I requested a mod just delete the conversation to keep the thread clean - which is very much appreciated. ^.^

Which I had as convenient success in other venues. -.-

Level 4
I unfortunately encountred many bugs already. It's not a complaining, but i think it's worthy reporting them:

*The base and the island with one tower are not connected but Kael reaches it walking in the sea, like it is terrain.
*Gholbine is in the center of my keep while attacking, i mean right in the middle of the structure and i can't touch him anymore so it's impossible to prevent him from destroying my structure xD
*If i pause the game opening another windows during the first level cinematic it loops and can't do anything but shut the game

Last edited:
Level 3
I unfortunately encountred many bugs already. It's not a complaining, but i think it's worthy reporting them:

*The base and the island with one tower are not connected but Kael reaches it walking in the sea, like it is terrain.
*Gholbine is in the center of my keep while attacking, i mean right in the middle of the structure and i can't touch him anymore so it's impossible to prevent him from destroying my structure xD
*If i pause the game opening another windows during the first level cinematic it loops and can't do anything but shut the game
Sorry for the very late reply - I try to keep everything organised to the same time as my updates.

In any case, the first problem is probably you playing it in SD rather than HD, they don't have an equivalent for the bridge doodad graphic.

No notion about the others at this time, but I'll keep it in mind, sorry about that. ^.^

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

First chapter:
-during the starting cinematic, the Sindorei Warrior portrait in the dialogue is the one of a guard tower. Easily change the unit speaking.
-a bit sad that Kael has the same default spells of a bloodmage. You could make some custom ones for him. The Mana Drain is also a bit bugged, might be related to the patch. The allied mana transfer is not working even though in the tooltip is described that I can.
-there is an option to force a map load automatically on SD or HD graphics without having to manually seelct it. Most people use the classic graphics and if they play the campaign on it, some additional bugs will bother them. For example, the bridges are literally invisible in SD.
-I like how the story of the campaign starts.
-the terrain seems kinda simple, you could improve it a bit more.
-the dialogues last sometimes too much
-the name of other factions could be changed into something more intuitive instead of default player 1,2,3 etc
Second chapter:
-Kael and his archers seem to be walking a longer distance from the entrance during the cinematic then they are instantly moved back near the entrance once it starts (minor bug though).
-The Mountain King has the same default abilities.
-Again some bugs related to the unit speaking during, kael was talking but it shown a ghost instead. The spirits talked, the dragon roost appeared in the portrait.
-Kael'thas spellbook seem a fine concept but I was expecting a stronger spell rather that just a town portal scroll for his first spell.
-the Magic Vault at the end of the chapter is empty once i destroy it. The spellbook pedestal was also targetable and I could destroy it. I was expecting a cinematic when he gets it.
Third chapter:
-both the human sorceress (mages as you called her) and the Paladin have the same default abilities as in w3
-if you venture with the caravan into the woods and mountains and the timer from the wolf attacks ends, all of your units are instantly moved back into the base. I understand that you wanted them to be separated things but you shouldn't turn on the trigger that allows the player to get pass through the gate and march with the caravan.
Overall, it does have a nice concept but it still needs a lot of work to be a proper campaign!
Set to simple/useful

If you are not satisfied and want an additional review, you can simply ask @deepstrasz or @Wazzz for it.

Level 3
First chapter:
-during the starting cinematic, the Sindorei Warrior portrait in the dialogue is the one of a guard tower. Easily change the unit speaking.
-a bit sad that Kael has the same default spells of a bloodmage. You could make some custom ones for him. The Mana Drain is also a bit bugged, might be related to the patch. The allied mana transfer is not working even though in the tooltip is described that I can.
-there is an option to force a map load automatically on SD or HD graphics without having to manually seelct it. Most people use the classic graphics and if they play the campaign on it, some additional bugs will bother them. For example, the bridges are literally invisible in SD.
-I like how the story of the campaign starts.
-the terrain seems kinda simple, you could improve it a bit more.
-the dialogues last sometimes too much
-the name of other factions could be changed into something more intuitive instead of default player 1,2,3 etc
Second chapter:
-Kael and his archers seem to be walking a longer distance from the entrance during the cinematic then they are instantly moved back near the entrance once it starts (minor bug though).
-The Mountain King has the same default abilities.
-Again some bugs related to the unit speaking during, kael was talking but it shown a ghost instead. The spirits talked, the dragon roost appeared in the portrait.
-Kael'thas spellbook seem a fine concept but I was expecting a stronger spell rather that just a town portal scroll for his first spell.
-the Magic Vault at the end of the chapter is empty once i destroy it. The spellbook pedestal was also targetable and I could destroy it. I was expecting a cinematic when he gets it.
Third chapter:
-both the human sorceress (mages as you called her) and the Paladin have the same default abilities as in w3
-if you venture with the caravan into the woods and mountains and the timer from the wolf attacks ends, all of your units are instantly moved back into the base. I understand that you wanted them to be separated things but you shouldn't turn on the trigger that allows the player to get pass through the gate and march with the caravan.
Overall, it does have a nice concept but it still needs a lot of work to be a proper campaign!
Set to simple/useful

If you are not satisfied and want an additional review, you can simply ask @deepstrasz or @Wazzz for it.
Thank you very much I'll definitely go back and give the first levels a work over / upgrade. Much appreciated! ^.^
Tough getting up the first mountain, y'know. ^.^

Note: It's actually supposed to be the tower, it's uh, for effect. Man on tower. Hit/miss.

(P.S. Not sure how this reply is going to work to a deleted account, but you can always trust the internet.)

Is the story of this campaing real? I mean kealthas life
It's based on what I know about Kael'thas, including at least one WoW novel that includes him, because I feel like lore on him is more scarce than it should be.

Last edited: