• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Juxtapose v1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Juxtapose skill-Allows the hero to duplicate itself for (3)(level of ability)=%

Keywords:
DotA,Juxtapose,Azwraith,Phantom Lancer,Triggers
Contents

Juxtapose (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 23:33, 17th Oct 2010 TriggerHappy: Please read the rules before submitting a spell. Your spell is not MUI. It leaks. It's extremely simple.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

23:33, 17th Oct 2010
TriggerHappy:

Please read the rules before submitting a spell.
  1. Your spell is not MUI.
  2. It leaks.
  3. It's extremely simple.

post codes please... and edit the description...

EDIT:

1) uses wait to remove dummy caster -> can cause bugs
2)creates an item each time -> I dont like it...
3)does not support multi-levels ->BAD
4)illusion does not have damage ->BAD (original juxtapose from DotA has damage and in his trigger he said he cannot put damage on illusions...)

vote for rejection...

Last edited:
Level 4
1. Leak position. Use this function >> call RemoveLocation (udg_YourVariableName)
2. Like other say, use wait is bad. Use expiration timer is better.
3. Use item. (Use ability is better)
4. In dota, the chance of creating the illusion is 3*(Level of Ability of (Attacking Unit)). Creating about 10 if/then/else for 10 levels is bad idea.
5. Use check level of ability, DON'T USE CHECK BUFF as it can easily cause bug.
6. Use "Unit is attacked" event, can cause bug and cheat. I suggest you to use Damage Detection System. (GUI-Friendly Damage Detection)

I don't think it is bad to post your spell in Hiveworkshop. But you should post it in Helper Forum before posting here as other people will suggest you what to do with your code.

Just my suggestion >_<

1. Leak position. Use this function >> call RemoveLocation (udg_YourVariableName)
2. Like other say, use wait is bad. Use expiration timer is better.
3. Use item. (Use ability is better)
4. In dota, the chance of creating the illusion is 3*(Level of Ability of (Attacking Unit)). Creating about 10 if/then/else for 10 levels is bad idea.
5. Use check level of ability, DON'T USE CHECK BUFF as it can easily cause bug.
6. Use "Unit is attacked" event, can cause bug and cheat. I suggest you to use Damage Detection System. (GUI-Friendly Damage Detection)

I don't think it is bad to post your spell in Hiveworkshop. But you should post it in Helper Forum before posting here as other people will suggest you what to do with your code.

Just my suggestion >_<

6) DotA's juxtapose uses Unit is Attacked event (you can see that illusions are created before you deal damage)... ^^

anyway it could really bug but using DDS for this I think will just complicate it... and it might be hard for him right now...

the new spirit lance with all illusions shooting the effect is not thaaat easy (still easy but not as simple as you might think)

not really, you just need a dummy spirit lance and make the illusions cast it when the original casts spirit lance... though I think its not for beginners..