• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just some idea I've wanted to share for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been looking around the hive workshop for some time now downloading custom maps and custom campaigns of which are great. Thanks for the guys who made them and the ones who uploaded them and the ones who hosted them. I am new here and that's obvious since I don't really know if this is the right area of this but I do have one, well depends on you if it's worth it or not, a campaign idea. I've been writing a story now and I want to visualize it in Warcraft III: Frozen Throne style. So basically this about a man who is proclaimed to be a War God and carries the destiny of the world he lives in.

Here's a little tidbit from my story.

“A world filled with darkness”
“Gods who gave life”
“Thus the birth of Etelhia”
“Peace and Harmony reigned between the Gods and their creations”
“Until…”
“A God turned evil, naming himself God of Darkness and then he summoned his forces to conquer Etelhia for himself”
“Then war was waged”
“The Gods and their creations who sided with them won”
“Now after many years”
“The God of Darkness prepares to conquer Etelhia again”
“The Gods prepare”
“Then suddenly…”
“A man was born bearing the mark of both the light and dark with task of saving or destroying Etelhia”
“Which will that man choose?”

I know it's a little bit boring or whatever you want to call it (Please do).

I am also new to making maps and well, I'm basically new to almost everything about custom map or campaign making.

This campaign (I've played before Wanderers of Soceria) is just like any custom campaigns out there but this happens in an all new world, where there are many heroes and villains. My story is going towards a good ending and I'm also gonna make an alternate ending. The story features tactics and some points of invincibility from the main character as well as the heroic moments. Any feedback is appreciated both good and bad.

Campaign:
In others where chaos is the best attacking type there is. The main character introduces a new kind of attack type which is "Infinity". It does extraordinary amounts of damage to every type of armor. And also where divine is the best armor type there is. The main character has "Soul". Every attack type there is does reduced damage to this unit.

Here are the main character's skills:

Dragon's Fury: Jumps in mid-air then dives creating an earthquake.
Blades of the Soul: Give a chance to deal 3x the normal damage.
Will of Man: Chance to restore 100 life and 100 mana with each attack.
God of War: Turns into a powerful being with 2500 more hit points, gives feedback, the chance to attack twice in split second, and gives 150 damage.

That's all what I can reveal from this crazy mind of mine! I hope you like my idea for a campaign. Any kind of feedback is good. Thank you for your time.

Level 2
Well, thanks guys for your time.

Well, first off it isn't like Zelda at all. I can post Chapters I and II if anyone would like it. Zelda in terms of some things (I never did notice), in your point of view. There are many characters here since I am inspired by Wanderers of Sorceria. Just to give something, here's the main character.

Leon Lauberg:
The man who is born between Light and Dark. Born of King Jeon Lauberg and Queen Amesthia Sherandas of the kingdom of Yurenai. Said to have gained the God of War Mekais' soul and powers. He was forced to be casted away from the kingdom by his parents by the fear of the 12 Elders of Yurenai. Since then he was forced to adopt many ways in order to survive. He is a master of many forms martial arts, believed in the ways of magic and spirits, and has been skilled at everything he's done. After 10 years of suffering, he was found by Elder Haji when the elder was walking through the forest and saw Leon, lying on the ground. Since then, the elder has been hiding him ever since.

Level 2
Well, thank you again.

I'm already studying about how to make a campaign and general mapping. From me, I think this campaign won't stand out but I'll ask for help and try to make it look the best it can. Since I am doing this maybe I'll introduce you to some characters.

Elder Haji Ismae

The wise elder of Tean Village.

Mark Ismae

The son of Elder Haji. He is the one responsible for keeping the villagers safe from harm.

Level 2
Thanks.

Well, since I am just wandering around in the Tutorial Section, I just might as well continue. There will be totally new units that will replace the old units like with the Vanguard unit replacing the footman unit. This is just a campaign okay?

As my story progresses on, since it's not yet finished and will need some tweaks,
Leon will have his own kingdom and there begins his rule as King. Vanguards are the elite soldiers of Leon. In warcraft style, they have chaos attacks and heavy armor. Well, that's all I can say for no

Edit: Okay guys I'll be attaching Leon Lauberg's voice now! Hope you enjoy it! Only Two right now sorry!

View attachment Leon Lauberg's Voice.zip

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi there.

If you send me probably a beta version of a map, I can say more about your campaign. But from the first description, I can say: there are too many passive skills. 2 of 3 basic skills. Also, your Hero receives passives as Feedback from Ultimate. It's not the best idea for a campaign where you have too little supportive magi and depend on your skills.

Now about the story. It's not something very new, but it's maybe interesting... I could help you with the story - for example, if your imagination cannot simply generate names/surnames/geographic names from nothing, then my can. I have a .txt file full of names that simply came on my mind and sound beautiful/significant etc.

I like to write stories for campaigns but I am from Ukraine and because of it, I know English only from school and university. I can write something clumsy (if you have time to edit those stories - please), but, as I understood, the story needs no assistance.

P. S. Just now, I am sitting in front of my computer with English dictionaries in my hands:confused:.

Level 2
Hi there.

If you send me probably a beta version of a map, I can say more about your campaign. But from the first description, I can say: there are too many passive skills. 2 of 3 basic skills. Also, your Hero receives passives as Feedback from Ultimate. It's not the best idea for a campaign where you have too little supportive magi and depend on your skills.

Now about the story. It's not something very new, but it's maybe interesting... I could help you with the story - for example, if your imagination cannot simply generate names/surnames/geographic names from nothing, then my can. I have a .txt file full of names that simply came on my mind and sound beautiful/significant etc.

I like to write stories for campaigns but I am from Ukraine and because of it, I know English only from school and university. I can write something clumsy (if you have time to edit those stories - please), but, as I understood, the story needs no assistance.

P. S. Just now, I am sitting in front of my computer with English dictionaries in my hands:confused:.

First off, I'm trying learn as much as possible about everything that's included in Map making and Campaign making...

Second, the story is not finished yet...

Third, I don't really care if you're from Ukraine or from the US. My story is free to be read and given feedback by all. And if you can help then I would appreciate it.

Fourth, I'm seeking someone with skills that can make this campaign a reality 'cause as of right now, I'm having a rough time just terraining, not to mention the other factors.

Fifth, since the story begins as Leon as a child here are the skills of this child hero...

Strike Drive - A run towards the enemy at great speed and then followed by a strike to the torso.
Double Strike: 15% Chance to attack twice at intervals.
Slash 'n Strike: A slash followed by a lighting fast strike.
God of War: Turns Leon into a powerful God of War, giving him 2500 more health, 30% double strike, 20% chance to create two illusions and then evade each blow he receives, and 150 attack damage.

So there are this Leon (Child)'s Skills...

If someone would like to continue this, I will support you if you decide to do this and if not, that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.