• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just a clarification...about the Archivist! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heya guys, it's been a while! ^^
So I was wondering how this project went and came back to the official website, OMAGAD there's a trailer!
At a certain point of the trailer, redmarine says in the chat : "We need a better model for the Archivist"
What is that supposed to mean? :eek:
I would have posted in the Archivist topic if I could, but apparently it was closed (I assume it was due to some idiot).

Level 6
they said they wont add him in the game i guess its why they closed the topic.
(I assume it was due to some idiot).

please dont make such accusations :)

Level 4
Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds, the Archivist will not be added as a playable character, even though the poll favored this idea.

Level 2
I'm pretty sure they will implement him as an easter egg or a secret boss monster of some sort.

Maybe not for 1.18 but later.

Level 3
Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds, the Archivist will not be added as a playable character, even though the poll favored this idea.

Yeah, too bad buddy, I recall you were one of the idea's biggest supporter ^^

Anyway, this topic isn't anymore about adding him or not, I just wanna know why did redmarine say that =)

'Cuz it's kinda strange after what happened in the official topic, especially LTGH who's the most reluctant about this whole idea.

Level 4
Yeah, too bad buddy, I recall you were one of the idea's biggest supporter ^^

Anyway, this topic isn't anymore about adding him or not, I just wanna know why did redmarine say that =)

'Cuz it's kinda strange after what happened in the official topic, especially LTGH who's the most reluctant about this whole idea.

Haha, yeah, ;). And I agree, i'm not exactly sure what made them decide that and what not...

Level 6
that would be cool if they added him but whit new spells instead of the old ones.
I liked the idea of an old sage killing monsters :)

Level 19
Heya guys, it's been a while! ^^
So I was wondering how this project went and came back to the official website, OMAGAD there's a trailer!
At a certain point of the trailer, redmarine says in the chat : "We need a better model for the Archivist"
What is that supposed to mean? :eek:
I would have posted in the Archivist topic if I could, but apparently it was closed (I assume it was due to some idiot).

o_O'...

Last edited:
Level 3

weneedone.png

You thought I would not see that? ^^
Nothing escapes from my sight! =)

Level 14
maybe you should lock this too? It has been said that Archivist wont be added. This is just turning out like the old thread.

Level 3
Continue to speculate guys. :p

It's my job to notice the unnoticable! ;)
Bah, anyway I guess he'll be a bonus boss or a hidden easter egg ;)
Or maybe LTGH is truly a good actor and by denying the Archivist he was only hiding the fact that he desperately wants him in. xD

maybe you should lock this too? It has been said that Archivist wont be added. This is just turning out like the old thread.

No way, the last topic was about "how shall we add him to the game, either a playable or a easter egg." This one isn't.
I created this one 'cause It's now 99% certain that the Archivist will be added in-game, in any possible form he could take.
In these 99% :
60% -> Easter Egg
39% -> Bonus Boss
1% -> (Secret) Playable Character

Level 17
It is just joke..

Lol, All this Archievist stuff is getting ridiculous.
Do you know how outdated that video is?
He made the archievist thread after we recorded that stuff.
Dont hope to much people, it just wont happen.
There is no reason to add him, everything that has to do with him is a joke.
Everything is fake, get it? Its just a huge joke that was made up.
So thats why we wont add him, cus its a joke.

Level 3
LTGH, I just wanted to know why did he say that, if the video is outdated I understand. The archivist has always been a joke to me, like every blizzard April Fools, but that's not the point.
Get ready for Blizzcon though, as a new class will most likely be unveiled ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.