• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am trying to make a jump effect like in a maze where a person goes over a region it will go up in the air and won't die. I tried to open other maps to see how it is done but they are all protected. Do I also have to make the unit a flying unit or what?

Thats more for a spell but I need like a region you enter and you go up and 2 seconds later come back down.

Das Déjà vu while writing this post

but that same principle is what you will use for the trigger you want... basically add the raven form to the unit and then remove it after that you can already change that unit's fly height...

Level 8
Increase height, wait for 2 seconds (if u dont need spell to be MUI), then decrease height.
Give me more details if you need more steps or w/e .

Well have you ever played a maze where you enter a region and it pops you off the floor for a second and brings you down so you don't touch any bad units and die.

Level 10
not really bro, but i think i know what ur talking about ;)

so basically increase height to a high level so that the unit cannot be seen in map, wait 2 seconds, and then move unt to the other place u want it to be then decrease its height to 0.

the rate at which u increase or decrease it is up to you, im sure u can use math height/rate to see the time it takes to go up or down. ^^

Level 8
not really bro, but i think i know what ur talking about ;)

so basically increase height to a high level so that the unit cannot be seen in map, wait 2 seconds, and then move unt to the other place u want it to be then decrease its height to 0.

the rate at which u increase or decrease it is up to you, im sure u can use math height/rate to see the time it takes to go up or down. ^^

not really going out of the map just like say your are going to jump over something... you come back down after you jump and you can only go so far.

Level 16
i think i know what your looking for:
make an event where a unit enters a region
and make an action where you give that unit the jumping spell(read the tutorial i posted last time) and make him cast it at the same time pause the unit so he can't move while jumping.

i think i know what your looking for:
make an event where a unit enters a region
and make an action where you give that unit the jumping spell(read the tutorial i posted last time) and make him cast it at the same time pause the unit so he can't move while jumping.

you dont really need to give him the spell and make him cast it... you can already fire a jump action once he enters a region if you just know enough how to use the system...

Level 8
you dont really need to give him the spell and make him cast it... you can already fire a jump action once he enters a region if you just know enough how to use the system...
Well I try to make it but it would work...
heres the trigger
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 500.00 at 2.00
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 2.00

Well I try to make it but it would work...
heres the trigger

Well for one that will be a very ugly jump - jumps move in natural looking arcs, not up then down. To achieve a naturally looking arc your going to need to use a parabolic function to calculate the flying height (y=x^2 sort of thing - start at a negative number and constantly add 1 to it, since the number is squared it the result will always be positive creating a smooth up down (since your squaring it your also letting it move up then down in a more gradual fashion)).

Also
  • Events:
  • Add CrowForm to Unit
  • Remove CrowForm from Unit
  • Set flying height to 500
  • blablabla
  • Set flying height to 500
You need to add and remove the spell before adjusting the flying height - since the unit is normally ground your also going to want to turn it's collision off (this only gives it a flying height, it doesn't make its movement type flying).

but the thing is it won't jump or fly or whatever

Okay...... so what exactly are you asking?
A unit Jumping is a unit that comes off the ground and returns to it, most likely with other in game mechanics.
Any ground unit can be given a flying height by adding then removing the crow form spell from it (AND NOT CASTING IT - adding then removing that spell for some reason causes the unit to have an editable flying height even though the spell isn't cast)

Perhaps your seeking a better word for whatever it is your trying to say, teleport?

Level 8
Okay...... so what exactly are you asking?
A unit Jumping is a unit that comes off the ground and returns to it, most likely with other in game mechanics.
Any ground unit can be given a flying height by adding then removing the crow form spell from it (AND NOT CASTING IT - adding then removing that spell for some reason causes the unit to have an editable flying height even though the spell isn't cast)

Perhaps your seeking a better word for whatever it is your trying to say, teleport?
I tried it but didn't work.
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Demon Hunter) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Picked unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Demon Hunter) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Picked unit)
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 329 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 1000.00 at 2.00
they dont work

Level 8
I tryed that to but didn't work. Have you ever played Italian Maze? Well That maze has it at the third check point. Now to see what I am talking about can you check this map out.

ps you can't open it in WE

Attachments

• The Italian Maze.w3m
    783.4 KB · Views: 29
but the thing is it won't jump or fly or whatever

you need to add and then remove crow form to the unit and change its fly height over time, be sure that the unit moves because from my experience if the unit does not move the "visible" fly height wont change... It seems like you need to use SetUnitPosition if you trigger the movement of the unit while flying instead of SetUnitX/Y...

Can you write it down as a trigger because I don't no what you guys are saying... I don't no ether to put a wait or not

• Events
    • Unit - A unit enters region or whatever
  • Conditions
    • Any condition you like
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Crow Form to TriggeringUnit
    • Unit - Remove Crow Form from TriggerinUnit
    • and then here call whatever function is it from a jump system if ur using one
    • you can just edit the jump system so that it will make the unit invulnerable during the jump (just requires a very little bit of JASS knowledge)

Status
Not open for further replies.