• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joke Campaign Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The%20Hive%20Workshop.png

___Contest_type__.png
Competition.png
Number.png
___number_of_the_contest___.png

Title
Description

Contest%20Rules%20and%20Conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be at least 90% bug free with no major bugs that hinder gameplay in any way.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  • All maps must be 50mb or under, so they are playable. Having it under 40mb is recommended.
Prizes.png

• First Place: 35 reputation points and their map to be put in the maps section with a moderator's note of recommendation
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points
Judges.png

• undecided
  • Undecided 2
Contest%20Judging%20and%20Voting.png

Terrain
Terrain should be adequate at the very least and should not be joked about even if the rest of the map is./40

Inventiveness
This is how unique you make your map, this is what is worth the most points, so make your campaign unique/50

Triggers
This is determined by how well you triggered your map it is worth the second most because good triggering is important in a map
/45

Hilarity
This is determined by how funny your joke map is and although worth a low amount of points, is still important as it could mean the difference between a win and a loss/15
  • 30% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 70% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Entries.png

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Name
Entry NameContestant Name

Contest%20Dates%20and%20Deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on December 20th 2009 and conclude on February 26th 2010, GMT

Level 11
Any more information of the 'joke' style?
Checklists:
-Give a title, the contest number, description, and an image would be nice.
-Is the contest a JOKE or is it a contest with JOKE theme.
-It's YOUR contest, you can add more rules if you want.
-Don't decide the dates as it HAS NOT been approved. And I won't think it will ever be.
-What's up with the JOKES?
-I don't like the inventiveness point being that high, really. A great campaign MAY BE not unique, but has a great storyline etc etc.
-70% by public poll? Are you somewhat out of your mind?
-So, what'd the contestants do anyway? Create a joke or a campaign?
-Any minimums and maximums limits(like number of maps in it etc etc.)?
-Teams allowed?
-I don't think 2 months is enough to make a campaign.
-Any icon rewards?

You're not worth starting any contests at all.

Level 18
I guess MultiGod summed it all up, but please owe me the joy of bursting your bubble senselessly: This idea is complete bullsh*t. The fact that you miraculously thought of something doesn't mean it should be made a contest, and then I'm not even talking about whether or not that thought was actually good at all. In other words: You've never had a chance of this being approved

Now let the idiots march in!
(In every contest submission with a terrible idea, there are always some morons who come in here and think it's a good idea, so I thought I'd welcome them before them make themselves look like an idiot :thumbs_up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.