• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joan Of Arc

Model made for Modeling contest #12

Give a credit if you use it in your map.

Sorry for constantly editing the model but i realized that i forgot to upload the portrait >.<

Keywords:
female, footman, warrior, human.
Contents

Joan Of Arc (Model)

Joan Of Arc (Model)

Reviews
13:27, 20th Feb 2009 LiOneSS: Oh skrab, that's such a lovely model. I love the skirt thing you did :) Good mesh, nice use of in-game textures. The only bad thing are the attack and walk animation. The attack animation should be a bit more fierce...
Level 3
Very good the head a little to small barely tho.

and for the moderator comment i believe knight armor like she wears would be a reason for that ? its not like running around how we are its heavy and moves with joins on armor sorta diffrent love u made it that way much realism with that.

Level 6
Originally Posted by Blooboom View Post
I ain't acting like a child, he named it that so i was giving him advise on how to fix it so that it fits with the name...
Yes, you are. However, after this comment I don't think you're just acting...

You gave him advice and then totally trashed him for it + downgraded his resource.

Dude, people rate models all the time. They give advice on how to make the model better. If you can't handle criticism, don't post your stuff. Naturally, if you show off your stuff, people are going to criticise it. Following the advice leads to your model becoming better. If you don't learn and grow, you'll just stay in one place. Artists learn and grow, they better themselves and their art. It's a part of being an artist.

Level 12
A long-belated reply, but I am having massive trouble with the portrait. None of the animations work properly (all they do is make random geosets stretch in random directions). If you still have a working variant of the portrait, that would be really helpful, as I am not sure I have the working variant anymore.

Level 25
A long-belated reply, but I am having massive trouble with the portrait. None of the animations work properly (all they do is make random geosets stretch in random directions). If you still have a working variant of the portrait, that would be really helpful, as I am not sure I have the working variant anymore.

Sorry. I can't find my original files anymore. Have you tried reuploading? Maybe try it in a new map?

Level 12
I've tried the model on multiple occasions both in-game and in different model editors. I'm going to search through my old project files again and make sure I don't have it imported somewhere I can extract it from. I had it in an older version of my campaign but I removed it when I switched models for my lead hero.

EDIT: Okay, ran a few more tests. Apparently the problem is my obsessive saving. Opening the file in Magos corrupts it; I found the original file from the Modeling Contest and the portrait worked in-game successfully. However, the model viewer showed it broken, and after viewing it in the editor I replaced it in the test map and it was broken. This is a bit of a problem for me, as I am trying to use a custom knight texture, but I can work around that. Thank you for all your help.

Last edited: