• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JNGP makes map unplayable (crit error)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
im currently working on a map, on which several other people worked before (some with JNGP, some without)
the last mapper didnt use JNGP afaik
i saved the map with JNGP, no compile errors (of course i kept a backup)
when i try to play the saved map i get critical error
this doesnt happen when i save the map with normal WE
does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
PS: i cant provide you with the map

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm kinda forced to use the normal editor when I map CC for an unknown reason which breaks my triggers and some systems when saving in JNGP. This is an great disadvantage for me as I cannot use vJASS systems, but I've never experienced fatal error in this case.

Is the map using GUI hashtables a lot? I've experienced problems regarding hashtables.

Level 7
@dsg:
the problem is that the former coders coded the map... a bit... inefficient...
116.000 lines of code, 5-8 minutes compile time...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Disable all triggers (copy map and delete all triggers). If the map still crashes ingame then nothing is wrong with the triggers, if not then the triggers are the problem.

If the triggers are the problem, disable it parts at a time until you find the solution. Sadly this may take hours to find but hopefully it will be worth it.

116.000 lines of code
What is this for a map? That is very impressive.

Level 7
its an orpg, but its not coded well
most of the stuff is in gui and before i started working on it, the map didnt even have a damage engine or a unit indexer

Level 7
ok i finally found the error
it was indeed part of the code
there was 1 string that sometimes causes a "literal string size exceeded" compile error and sometimes not
and when it didnt cause the error then the map crashed on loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.