1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

JASS Syntax Checker 0.1.7

Submitted by Darky29
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

JASS Syntax checker for Apple Macintosh
Contents

JASS Syntax Checker 0.1.7 (Binary)

1. BxBonesBillyxB

BxBonesBillyxB

Resources:
    Resources:
    What does this exactly do :?:

2. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    (pending) Someone operating a Mac will have to make sure that his tool works.

3. username12345

username12345

Resources:
    Resources:
    Erm if I knew what it is suppose to do then I could test.

4. Strikur22

Strikur22

Resources:
    Resources:
    i ran an old work in progress script i found through this right after i got it and it works well (found all those comments without //, mispelled commands, etc., basically everything you'd expect from a syntax checker).

T-up from me

5. ace10301

ace10301

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blah, i opened it and it is not loading or finishing opening, idk what to do....

Wait it just loaded compeletly what should i enter at the starting window?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  6. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You enter any jass code and it will check it for syntax errors. Like, if you wrote "call MyFunc())" it would find that and report the line number its on.

It does not check any 'new' syntax (read: vJASS), but you can modify the .j files it draws the function lists from so that you can add your own functions to the list to prevent errors about them from popping up.

It should also be mentioned that the original creator of this tool is Jeff Pang, and the code has not been modified since its creation.

7. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY! This could get me on the road to learning JASS!

EDIT:
    Or...not.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  8. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Eh? What's not working?

9. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhh... well... not really exactly useful? Does it check the map live, or does it need to be saved to check. And what functions does it have? Replaces errors or something?

10. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It doesn't replace errors, but it will find them. You can use it to check a preexisting .j file or you can enter a code snippet.

It reads all of the functions from the common.j and Blizzard.j files inside the Demo JASS Syntax Check folder, so you can add your own functions to the list if you'd like.

I don't know why this wouldn't be useful. There simply ISN'T a standalone syntax checker for OS X, and this one does a much better job than the WE syntax checker anyway.

11. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Explain fully.

12. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Look, if it was something you'd want to use, you'd know what I'm talking about. Or even if you didn't, you'd at least check the tool out for yourself and figure out what it does; it's really not that hard.

13. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh, but doesn't the WE disable triggers which the syntax checker think have incorrect JASS? So how will this manage to do anything?

14. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Jesus fucking christ. It's an EXTERNAL tool. If you'd just download the goddamn program you'd see how it works and wouldn't have to ask questions like that.

15. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Explain more.

16. darkwulfv

darkwulfv

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Step 1: Download Step 2: Try it Step 3: Stop asking stupid freaking questions and figure stuff out on your own. This CHECKS JASS CODE THAT YOU PUT INTO IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHECK IT IN THE WE OR USE ITS SHITTY SYNTAX CHECKER, AND IT WORKS ON MAC OS X. That enough of an explanation?

17. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Step 1: Calm down..
    Step 2: Calm down the people throwing rocks at you because you are American.
    Step 3: Get a life.
    Step 4: Get normal friends.
    Step 5: Live.

Now, the script won't export if there is an error, so how can I check it?

18. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This does not export anything.

Seriously, are you retarded? You click the CHECK button.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need to seriously calm down. I have no idea what your problem is. Either you are some soldier returning from the Iraq war, with your comrades slaughtered, you are a typical redneck hillbilly, you have some kind of mental disease, you encountered zombies, or are you a Ku Klux Klan member? You are the retard! If I ATTEMPT TO EXPORT THE SCRIPT from a map, and it has a syntax problem, it does not save it: so how the fuck can I check the script hmm?