• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jass new gen 5d for mac os?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

I'd like to do all my Jass coding on my mac, is there anyone here who has an editor which works for os x, or can under wine? I've gotten Frozen Throne to work under os x using wine, but for some reason none of the world editor programs will work.

Thanks,

-seth

Hi,

I'd like to do all my Jass coding on my mac, is there anyone here who has an editor which works for os x, or can under wine? I've gotten Frozen Throne to work under os x using wine, but for some reason none of the world editor programs will work.

Thanks,

-seth

What version of OS X are you using?

Strange. It works for me (it really didn't work that well for me before, but I tested a couple of features and it works decently). It is pretty buggy display-wise and a little slow, but at least it works.

Get WineBottler and make sure you have the latest version of XQuartz. Do you get any errors when you run it through Wine? Or does nothing happen?

edit: Make sure you're on the latest patch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.