• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac OS 10.5 Lepard-Programs Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just loaded the new OS for mac yesterday and whenever he closes an app it crashes and cant be open unless u "pull the plug". Force quit does nothing and relauching the Finder just freezes up the whole computer. If anyone is familliar with Mac and could help that would be great.

Note: When he opens a not responding app from the finder its says "Error Code -600" whitch ive searched for and had no success finding.

Thanks

Level 36
Well, Leopard is brand spanking new, so it doesn't surprise me at all that things aren't working.

If Mac has a compatibility mode (not sure on that) try running the program on a previous version.

If worst comes to worst, wait for updates from Mac.

In ever new OS (even Macs) things are bound to be buggy and glitch-filled at release day.

Just wait it out. That's about all I can recommend anyway.

Level 8
My dad just loaded the new OS for mac yesterday and whenever he closes an app it crashes and cant be open unless u "pull the plug". Force quit does nothing and relauching the Finder just freezes up the whole computer. If anyone is familliar with Mac and could help that would be great.

Note: When he opens a not responding app from the finder its says "Error Code -600" whitch ive searched for and had no success finding.

Thanks

Did your dad make a clean install of leopard or did he "patch it".. If he didn't make clean install i would certainly encourage him to do so. There has been a lot of problems with users upgrading from tiger to leopard..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.