• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS: Moving From GUI to Jass, the Start

Level 21
An answer for all of you

About my "omnislash" and "charge", i can make it hit more than 100 units, just by copying one line, a If/Then/Else one and modifying some numbers :grin: for my hero, the "BlackSlash"(how i named it) can hit just 3, but i can make it hit much more! Same for charge, i have some dummyes for special effects! But i made my charge for my hero to hit just 1 unit, dealing very much damage and stunning it!
For who thinks i am a noob, first watch yourself, your actions and your posts, ok?:fp:

Level 5
no vercas, they mean how many heroes can omnislash at the same time?
In JASS u can order an unlimited amount of units to omnislash at the same time without causing any trouble. How many can do this in GUI?
With charge, the same.

Level 21
Right...

Hmmm, that's true, i'm sory but only one hero at the saming time :cry: I can make more heroes can do it at the saming time just using more variables, and more if/then/else functions. But, on my map only one hero per type is possible in the party, that's why i made it like this! :xxd:

Level 21
Hehe, this time I rock!

AAAA, with charge?!? Very easy, charge can use every unit on my map, without bugging it, because i am not using variables, just (target of abillity being cast) :grin: Special effects are given on the ability, starting from Storm Bolt, for stun :wink:

Level 20
vercas, so you're saying everything is possible with GUI? So GUI can do anything Jass can?

GUI can't destroy groups.

GUI can't remove locations.

GUI can't remove most handles.

GUI can't use H2I.

GUI can't use local variables.

GUI can't use custom functions.

The list is endless.

Level 12
Physics, almost

It is really quite stupid to try

O O O O, I got one

Can't make a leakless damage detection

Level 8
Well I gotta say, this tut really helps, I've been using GUI for over 2 years and never really payed attention to JASS. Because all of the tuts I red so far are very confusing and their pace is just to fast. By this tut is really something. Though i still have problems with JASS coding but with this tut I really got a big head start. Excelent job! +RAP (if it is worth anything :))

Level 12
About my "omnislash" and "charge", i can make it hit more than 100 units, just by copying one line, a If/Then/Else one and modifying some numbers :grin: for my hero, the "BlackSlash"(how i named it) can hit just 3, but i can make it hit much more! Same for charge, i have some dummyes for special effects! But i made my charge for my hero to hit just 1 unit, dealing very much damage and stunning it!
For who thinks i am a noob, first watch yourself, your actions and your posts, ok?:fp:

[Please excuse this senseless post] - *I still think your a noob* :razz: