• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Jass Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a Jass function like get attachment point or something. It will tell you the place of a attachment point. I am a real noob in Jass , so i need help.

Level 7
There is this function, AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ, all i need to know is what happened inside the function to know the hight of the point, is there anyway to do it??

Level 29
There is this function, AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ, all i need to know is what happened inside the function to know the hight of the point, is there anyway to do it??

All you need to know is that there is no way to find out what the height is. THERE IS NO WAY.
Adding special effects is simply attaching a model (the effect) to a part of the model (the attachment point). It doesn't take heights or anything.

Level 17
WHY ARE YOU INSISTING THERE IS NO WAI TO DO DAT
you just fail
there is no function for that but you can do it yourself.
I think game cache is the best choice to link the unit type with his model, basically the height will be always the same for the same attachment and model.
and the x/y will depend the position and orientation of the unit
So you can set real variables.

But you can't change the model size in any way or it will fail (some spells change the model size)
Or make an approximation of it

Anyway it would be boring and crazy to make it ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.