• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] JASS ability casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have an ability that drains life and mana from enemy units, and since GUI doesn't seem to support making a unit cast non-standard abilities, I was wondering if someone would be willing to modify my trigger so that it stores 2 different custom abilities and then orders the attacking unit to cast the ability on the attacked unit, or show me how to do so.

Here's the trigger:

• Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • And - All (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • (Mana of (Attacked unit)) Greater than 5.00
      • Then - Actions
        • -------- the casting of the first ability goes here --------
      • Else - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • ((Attacked unit) is Summoned) Equal to True
                • (Mana of (Attacked unit)) Greater than 5.00
          • Then - Actions
            • -------- the casting of the second ability goes here --------
          • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 28
GUI does support non-standard abilities.

For example, f your custom spell is based on "Storm Bolt", then you should order the unit to "Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt".
If your ability is based on Siphon Mana, then you should "Human Blood Mage - Siphon Mana" the target.

So it all depends on the base spell.
If you used Channel as a base, then you can even choose your base spell (and thus the order) for it.

Level 5
Hmm. I'd tried stuff like that and it hadn't worked, so I assumed that GUI didn't work that way. In that case, since channel is under 'no target', how would I make a spell based off the neutral life drain target a unit? Or would that fall under Siphon Mana?

Level 28
Uhh, what? I don't see a lot of similarities between Life Drain and Channel (none, actually).
And Channel can be everything: unit target, point target, unit & point target and no target.

Either way, did you try:
  • Unit - Order Caster to Neutral Dark Ranger - Life Drain Target
Because if you based the spell off life drain, that's the order you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.